Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

A Mancini contract extension is an easy one to write in the current climate, bucks the trend following the weekend Jose stories.

There are still two months of the season left and nothing will be decided until then.

This story will be out of sight, out of mind come the end of May.

Which means the Express can boast, 'We told you so!', should a contract extension come to fruition, or not, as the case may be.

They wouldn't even have to justify the original story, should anyone be arsed pulling up this sad excuse for a newspaper, stating bad results simply dictated a change in the landscape.

They should stick to weather and Lady Di stories.

SWP's back said:
Course you'd rubbish the story Tolm, what were we expecting?

That's what you would like to think, in terms of some sort of perceived agenda of mine?

As opposed to you, who only wants to believe it because it makes you feel better?

As stated in my original post, the story may well turn out to be correct.

But the paper has simply chanced its arm.

Funny how this briefing only extended itself to one newspaper, rather than City miss the opportunity to get this out across all the platforms.

Even stranger no other media outlet has since followed it up.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:

That's what you would like to think, in terms of some sort of perceived agenda of mine.

As opposed to you, who only wants to believe it because it makes you feel better?

Funny how this briefing only extended itself to one newspaper, rather than City miss the opportunity to get this out across all the platforms.

No Tolm, it's just you only rubbish (or attempt to), stories that don't back up your desire really.

My own personal feelings are not as you perceive them.

I wouldn't mind Mancini staying but if Jose is available then I would probably want us to get him, whether we finish 1st or 2nd this year. Nothing against Mancini but I believe Jose (whilst he comes with baggage), to be the manager most likely to set the club up for a period of domestic and European dominance.

So no, this story doesn't really make me feel better, nor do I really believe it. I was just making the comment that you would rubbish the article and paper and it doesn't back up what you have been saying.

BillyShears said:
CityCTID said:
1 down, one more to go

You obviously know nothing about our owners. Players are not, and never have been, imposed upon Mancini. If they suggest one and he doesn't want them, he simply says no and they move on.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

1 down, one more to go!

SWP's back said:
I wouldn't mind Mancini staying but if Jose is available then I would probably want us to get him, whether we finish 1st or 2nd this year.

So you'd sack Bob if we win the Prem this season, as long as Jose was available?

CityCTID said:
BillyShears said:
CityCTID said:
1 down, one more to go

You obviously know nothing about our owners. Players are not, and never have been, imposed upon Mancini. If they suggest one and he doesn't want them, he simply says no and they move on.

1 down, one more to go!

I see you completely failed to address any of the points I've made.

It's an early call this but i'm going with

sfb61y.jpg

Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:
I wouldn't mind Mancini staying but if Jose is available then I would probably want us to get him, whether we finish 1st or 2nd this year.

So you'd sack Bob if we win the Prem this season, as long as Jose was available?
As I have previously stated, finishing 1st or 2nd, where you could be within a point of each other or both end on 95 pts should not matter. Someone shouldn't be sacked "just for finishing 2nd" if they get a points total that would win the league 9 times out of ten. I find that rationale to be moronic.

The owners should have the man at the helm that they want and that they think is the long term future of the club. If that man is Mancini then it shouldn't matter whether we finish 1st or 2nd this year (and next year and the following year), if they think he is the man, then stick with him. Conversely, if we win the league this year but Mancini is seen as being 2nd choice to Jose and he's who the owners want as the considet him the best, then I believe they should make the move.

Over the course of a 38 season, the winners may finish 1 or 2 points ahead of their rivals. It would be far too fickle to sack a manager solely on the basis that he finished 2 points behind another club when you consider how easily a match can swing in the final minutes. That's why I believe it wrong to sack a manager based on winning the league or not. It has to be about more than that. The owners either have faith in the guy in charge or they don't.

BillyShears said:
CityCTID said:
BillyShears said:

1 down, one more to go!

I see you completely failed to address any of the points I've made.

It's an early call this but i'm going with

sfb61y.jpg

Whatever toots your horn.

MCFC OK

SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:

That's what you would like to think, in terms of some sort of perceived agenda of mine.

No Tolm, it's just you only rubbish (or attempt to), stories that don't back up your desire really.

My own personal feelings are not as you perceive them.

I wouldn't mind Mancini staying but if Jose is available then I would probably want us to get him, whether we finish 1st or 2nd this year. Nothing against Mancini but I believe Jose (whilst he comes with baggage), to be the manager most likely to set the club up for a period of domestic and European dominance.

So no, this story doesn't really make me feel better, nor do I really believe it. I was just making the comment that you would rubbish the article and paper and it doesn't back up what you have been saying.

That's fair enough, mate.

Albeit, I haven't been saying much for good reason in terms of Mancini's actual situation, which is because the club are rightly keeping their own counsel.

There are plenty of people who work for our club who have their own agenda, I'm sure.

There are also plenty of people who confuse my opinion as a blue, with what may be fact.

I am always very careful to choose my words.

For the record, my personal stance has been clear, I have wanted Jose from day one of the takeover.

He was the right man for the job then and has only enhanced his record since.

Under Mancini we will continue to compete, win the odd pot, the least we should expect.

But under Mourinho, we would start to make Sheikh Mansour's resources tip the scales for a coming generation or more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.