Dangerous Dogs

Remove the XL Bully and people who want a large, powerful breed will simply move to a Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Caucasian Shepherd, Turkish Kangal, Chinese Red Dog, Central Asian Shepherd, or any cross-breed from them. Breeders will still be advertising on social media and selling their dogs for cash in local parks - the key is to make it unprofitable to sell.

It wouldn’t do any harm to add the “breed” to a banned list, though. Dogs such as these that kill should be subject to some sort of check to ensure owners know their responsibility. Christ I don’t even let my Westie alone with kids.
The list is utterly pointless because it is already not policed. The fact that experts are already in ignorance of the law is mind-blowing to me. DNA testing will immediately confirm the lineage of any Bully, and they are, ABSOLUTELY, already banned. Breeders are creating these dogs in their flats up and down the nation. They promote their dogs on Instagram and TikTok and then meet and sell. Without intelligent monitoring and policing, the destiny of this law is utterly predictable.

The list is utterly pointless because it is already not policed. The fact that experts are already in ignorance of the law is mind-blowing to me.
I’ve been absolutely speechless at times over the decades when you’d hear on the TV or read “A,B and C , an ‘expert’ in the field will be on shortly”, only to come on and be so wrong on so many things.

The list is utterly pointless because it is already not policed. The fact that experts are already in ignorance of the law is mind-blowing to me. DNA testing will immediately confirm the lineage of any Bully, and they are, ABSOLUTELY, already banned. Breeders are creating these dogs in their flats up and down the nation. They promote their dogs on Instagram and TikTok and then meet and sell. Without intelligent monitoring and policing, the destiny of this law is utterly predictable.

If banning them makes makes a dent in even some of the numbers of people owning them - then it's still worth doing. I'm an animal lover, but these things are a fucking menace and need to go along with a whole host of other types of dog.

If banning them makes makes a dent in even some of the numbers of people owning them - then it's still worth doing. I'm an animal lover, but these things are a fucking menace and need to go along with a whole host of other types of dog.
They are already banned!

I'm a postman and it scares the life out of me.

some people answer the door holding their (obviously ferocious dog) back by the collar. Why answer the door with your angry dog ffs!

But one slip and that's it my career is over.

So, if they don't or can't ban the dog then they should ban all interaction with those households... no post, no deliveries, no repair men etc.

Really just needs to be any dog over say 35KG (for reference my German Shepherd was 42KG) requires a licence with bi annual behaviour tests from a vet link this to the chip then its easy to check on the street.

It is policed, although definitely not enough. I knew of one guy who had some great beast of a dog, although it seemed fine to me. Unfortunately it snapped at another dog, the police called at the owner’s house and they did tests on the dog to see what its ancestry was. Last I saw it was muzzled (and looking rather sad for itself) awaiting its results. Haven’t seen it for a while since but fear it may have been seized as a banned breed (or descendant of).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.