Dangerous Dogs

I think this debate could be happening some time in the future with relation to robots. The value they could give could be enormous and they could be part of the family (just like dogs today). But if there were some that caused harm would the right thing to do be to take them all away or just the model that's statistically more dangerous or just the individuals that caused the harm. They wouldn't be human but would they deserve to be treated as individuals.

And would the owners be responsible (asuming that these robots have a future equivalent of a leash or muzel, e.g. an off button)?

I'm not sure if this makes sense but anyway...

Could some scrotes be taking over the park with their Bully XL future equivalent?
View attachment 93405
Just take the batteries out.

This debate is so frustrating because no one has managed to put up any reasonable counterargument for banning these dogs yet it's still not happening. Meanwhile people are dying regularly.

This debate is so frustrating because no one has managed to put up any reasonable counterargument for banning these dogs yet it's still not happening. Meanwhile people are dying regularly.
I guess it's quite difficult to ban a breed where there is no real exact breed standard.

In your situation I would be very tempted to contact the RSPCA. I'm not sure that they could do anything but this is a disaster waiting to happen.

The RSPCA are not a government agency or an NGO contracted to provide services and have no statutory powers.

In the vast majority of cases they use persuasion, guilt tripping and people's ignorance of the law (aided by dressing up like police officers) to get people to voluntarily hand over animals.

They have no powers of entry, arrest or seizure.

Unless invited they can only enter your property with a warrant and the police would be in attendance.

They can pursue private pursue investigations and prosecutions but so can every member of the public.

So you're right nothing will happen.

I can’t handle dog shit, as simple a reason why I’ve never owned one other than my Greyhound Rathlure Steamer who won many races at Belle Vue from around 89-91.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.