De Bruyne?

Tolmie, do you have an understanding of why the club is interested in Otamendi. I havent really understood the link since it was first made as on the face of it, we have 4 strong central defenders?

Vinny is out of form and hasn't played 3/4 of a season for 4 years. Mangala hasn't established himself yet and Demichelis is 35 and there's been rumours he'd like to go back to river plate.

Take your pick! It may seem like a slightly luxury signing but it's the kind of signing CL winning teams would make. Real have 3 starting quality CBs, Bayern have at least 4, though their injury record is worse than ours. Chelsea seem to be getting Stones so they'll have 3 starting quality.

If the money is there then it would be a good signing IMO as we know that defenders who suit pellegrini's system are hard to come by and Demichelis has at most a year left in him. We may be moving him on slightly early for long term benefits.

Do you have privy to our dealings to tell me he isn't being amateurish?

Or just privy to wearing rose tinted specs?

This is a crucial window for us and if we dont get the right players in then we have a real chance of going backwards...starting to worry with 2 weeks to go

If you know more or better - please share - looking forward to it -

Can you clear up the pogba and hotel situation?

I think they have cleaners for that ;)

I don't believe for a second he was over for us. We would have had him flown in privately, and certainly not getting selfies with half of London.

All the talking and hard yards were done months back. Unless Pogba suddenly decided to drop in unannounced (without Mino) to our London office to beg on his knees for us to make it happen!!

Do you have privy to our dealings to tell me he isn't being amateurish?

Or just privy to wearing rose tinted specs?

Eh?

How do you know that Richard Dunne isn't a space lizard who eats nothing but colostomy bags and his real name is Frank?

Because you never, ever assign a positive trait without evidence. That's like the foundation of the entire logical systems we humans use!

You always presume sanity and competent until shown otherwise. He's in the right for presuming competence of everybody, people doing the opposite without having anything to back it up are the wrongs doing it wrong

Good post.

I also think that people seem to view transfers in isolation and think "well who cares if we pay 5/10 million more". The problem is when you want to buy 3/4 players that quickly becomes 30 million plus extra you've paid for the players. That's the cost of one extra player so I can understand why the club are doing their best to get the best deals possible. Simply blaming Txiki or saying he doesn't know what he's doing is frankly just stupid. Txiki doesn't decide the budget for a player, Khaldoon and Soriano do.

I find the 'who cares if we pay more' pretty annoying. When people suggested we overpaid for Sterling a lot of people came on to say 'it's not my money, why do I care' what we pay.

It may well be that as a club, we didn't think we overpaid, which is fine. I think he will be value for money. But to suggest you don't care what we pay for a player is just stupid - we need to be well run. There may be some exceptional cases where we perhaps do need to go the extra mile to get things over the line, but as a general rule we need to be run well.

This goes for both purchases, and sales. I bet those who said 'it's not my money', would complain if we sold a good player for £1m, which is a similar principle.

I think they have cleaners for that ;)

I don't believe for a second he was over for us. We would have had him flown in privately, and certainly not getting selfies with half of London.

All the talking and hard yards were done months back. Unless Pogba suddenly decided to drop in unannounced (without Mino) to our London office to beg on his knees for us to make it happen!!

That's what I thought - I gather the image rights situation hasn't changed then

Tolmie, do you have an understanding of why the club is interested in Otamendi. I havent really understood the link since it was first made as on the face of it, we have 4 strong central defenders?

I was wondering the same. Maybe we're getting De Michelis' replacement in early and will play him as a defensive midfield more often like against West Brom/Chelsea a couple of years ago. His passing is good enough for that I would think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.