De Bruyne?

Like we did with Hazard. Then every fucking **** moans we didn't just pay what was asked.

I wrote a long line of text here, but then had to delete it in case ric bans something else to appease the six people that may be offended.

I'll just say instead that it is frustrating.
Hazard wanted London!

Didn't say I'd walk away, I was just disappointed that Liverpool seemed to hold all the cards in spite of us being in the much stronger position.

As I've said earlier, there were no other clubs at the table for Sterling at the prices being quoted, we were the only club willing to meet those figures. How can you be sure how much was the transfer fee deterring other clubs, and how much was a solid agreement with us - unless you're Aidy Ward?

And as I've said, if we did have a solid agreement with Sterling, and he only had eyes for us, then that makes us an even softer touch for eventually paying Liverpool's inflated asking price in full.

I understand the point that maybe we felt it was just worth stumping it up, and not letting it drag on, but I think it's put us in a weaker position trying to negotiate De Bruyne's fee.

How can you be so sure re the 'take it or leave it' bid? It was widely reported by the press, we're all speculating here, unless you're not?

Fuck me - glad Ric turned off the track of post numbers.

My head would hurt big time seeing your count going up remorselessly whilst just being on some repeat loop

FFS your view is clear - most with any understanding of negotiations - some might think with any simple common sense - would think it to be utterly simplistic and actually self-defeating. I say this last bit because how can you miss the fact that in Liverpool we had a club with absolutely every intention of not selling - we (Txiki) did the deal with agent and player before engaging with the club and therefore there was not a competitive market - so they were mega pissed off. So, yes we paid a lot - but who really feels best about that deal?? - not the red scouse I would suggest.

Wow - does that seem somewhat similar- given the KDB developments?

Please do a lot of us (vast majority I expect) a favour - if we fuck off for a couple of hours can you use that time to repeat the same stuff a few more times and then draw a line under it and move on - too much to ask?

Just to add my two penneth to the debate.

Sterling, was worth every penny.

KDB, will, be worth every penny.

That is all.

Top clubs identify the player they want and spend the money it costs to bring them in, they don't go trawling for a cheap alternative. When Bayern wanted Javi Martinez, Athletic refused to negotiate down the price so they paid his €40m release clause, they didn't decide that was a bit rich for their taste so went after Lee Catermole instead. Getting the wrong player is far more costly to a top team than paying a bit more money

Christ, if people are worried about being banned if they post their the feelings, then it's a worrying time. I'll just save my ire for the day the window closes and we've not signed a real big name........watch out Txiki......!

No. But if you expected to pay 40m and paid 44m then you've paid 10% more.

(This is why I'm here to help)
I find it exceptionally hard to understand why it's so difficult for people to understand.

Clubs know we have unlimited cash, we wanted Sterling, we want KDB. Club places huge fees on their heads, they know we can afford it. We say we are not prepared to pay the fee they want, the club says fine, see you later. What the fuck can we do?
Chelsea has cash, so does Real, so does PSG, they don't seem to get hacked like we seem too.

The bits I've said aren't speculation are as solid as solid can be. Whilst I can't say who @squirtyflower and @Damocles can vouch at any rate.

I genuinely (and this is speculation again) don't think City think they are seen as a soft touch over Sterling. 12 months ago, no club thought they had a chance at getting him, he's not just for this season and it's not just signing a good player. It was about buying one of the best young players in Europe, who is home grown, who can stay at the club for ten years. (Back to non speculation) city are over the moon we got him. City feel that Wolfsburg have moved the goal posts over KDB, but as I say, I am still very confident that we will reach an agreement. Wolfsburg genuinely didn't think KDB would want to leave this season, especially to City.

If the inside info is true that we'd more or less done the deal with Sterling and Aidy Ward, then that makes it all the more frustrating with the way the deal panned out with Liverpool.

We held all the cards, and Liverpool still had it play out the way they wanted to.

That's why I worry that it may have made life harder for us with De Bruyne and Wolfsburg.

That is my only point, and @nomorethaksintimes puts it more succinctly after me.

And as you've said, Wolfsburg have moved the goalposts with De Bruyne already. Who's to say our negotiations with Liverpool haven't influenced them to play hardball with us, knowing we've shown a precedence to bend eventually?

I don't know, that is purely speculation of course. I just find it frustrating that we're going into the second game of the season at loggerheads with Wolfsburg, when we've apparently had De Bruyne under the thumb for months.

The Jovetic and Dzeko deals just add to the scepticism of Txiki's work for me, we still seem to pay the City tax and we still get take over a barrel when it comes to selling players.

But I digress, going off topic now.

Hopefully De Bruyne will be a blue soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.