De Bruyne?

adrianr said:
ColinLee said:
supercrystal7 said:
If De Bruyne has learnt anything he should stay at Wolfsburg at least for another 2 years. I hear the Belgium manager has told him the same thing. No reason to rush things. He will be playing CL football next season and possibly for challenging for the league. No need to rush things.
You think we're going to have a huge slump between now and the end of the season? I guess we're just going for a 5-6 position next season too?

His point is that he would be a guaranteed starter for Wolfsburg, but he wouldn't for us. He could of course come and smash his way into our first team and actually challenge for the league, rather than second place, but his move to Chelsea showed stepping up isn't all plain sailing. If he's that good he'll still have plenty of clubs after him in a season.
Yes exactly. From the little I have heard and seen I think he will be keen on a move to City. He is best as a 10 or in a very fluid front 3, but Silva is better than him and the City's 10. He will be pushed out wide if he gets into the team and may not necessarily be in the first team. He was okay at the world cup and hasn't played much in the CL. He might move to a big club and be an instant success, but he can repeat what happened to Chelsea. It's probably better for him to spend an extra year at the very least at Wolfsburg and then move to a bigger club when he can be sure he has a starting role.

Where exactly do City fans see him playing? Pellegrini favours a 4-4-2 against weaker teams and it seems he likes Silva as a 10 in the bigger games. What role exactly do you see for him. It seems like this is almost a case of wanting the next popular thing.

supercrystal7 said:
adrianr said:
ColinLee said:
You think we're going to have a huge slump between now and the end of the season? I guess we're just going for a 5-6 position next season too?

His point is that he would be a guaranteed starter for Wolfsburg, but he wouldn't for us. He could of course come and smash his way into our first team and actually challenge for the league, rather than second place, but his move to Chelsea showed stepping up isn't all plain sailing. If he's that good he'll still have plenty of clubs after him in a season.
Yes exactly. From the little I have heard and seen I think he will be keen on a move to City. He is best as a 10 or in a very fluid front 3, but Silva is better than him and the City's 10. He will be pushed out wide if he gets into the team and may not necessarily be in the first team. He was okay at the world cup and hasn't played much in the CL. He might move to a big club and be an instant success, but he can repeat what happened to Chelsea. It's probably better for him to spend an extra year at the very least at Wolfsburg and then move to a bigger club when he can be sure he has a starting role.

Where exactly do City fans see him playing? Pellegrini favours a 4-4-2 against weaker teams and it seems he likes Silva as a 10 in the bigger games. What role exactly do you see for him. It seems like this is almost a case of wanting the next popular thing.

I said a few posts back he could possibly fit into a MF role. He was playing in the middle of a 4-1-4-1 recently , we can drop him a little deeper back as he also likes to pick up passes from deep to start an attack. He can be used all over the MF. I'm goin to watch his game in a few to see how he's used today.

I have sung his praises all season but having watched the Wolfsburg match today he seemed very average. Perhaps he was out of position or it was just one of those games that every player has now and again.

bulldogblue said:
I have sung his praises all season but having watched the Wolfsburg match today he seemed very average. Perhaps he was out of position or it was just one of those games that every player has now and again.

It was one of this matches every player has now and then because it was his first poor show in weeks.

Ruhr said:
City can´t offer him, what Wolfsburg can offer him.

MAYBE the only thing they can offer over us is a spot in first XI apart from that(money CL-to win it chance to win trophies) they can't compare to us so don't be daft

MihaiCity said:
Ruhr said:

MAYBE the only thing they can offer over us is a spot in first XI apart from that(money CL-to win it chance to win trophies) they can't compare to us so don't be daft

No, they will offer him a Golf Cabrio

supercrystal7 said:
adrianr said:
ColinLee said:

On the bench, he's not as good as Silva or Nasri (although he may be in the future) and he doesn't have Navas' pace. If he moves here his main initial squad role will be to provide the creativity usually missing when Silva or Nasri are injured, we've seen plenty of evidence of the hole that leaves in the past.

Ruhr said:
MihaiCity said:
Ruhr said:

No, they will offer him a Golf Cabrio

And yearly birthday cakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.