De Bruyne?

If the guy was sold by chavs cos he doesn't work hard enough isnt it kind of a concern? Anyways he is the one am most excited about. Hope we get him and he wows everyone!

If we get De Bruyne then Sterling, Aguero, KDB with Silva in behind is going to need a fully mobile midfield.

Pressure is on Toure. I have always thought that Fernando and Fernandinho were capable of forming the defensive basis of a 3 man midfield, but I'll be in a tiny minority on that. I think we may find out next season because Toure is really going to have to work hard in pre-season and get his fitness back to where it was 18 months ago.

I think Toure will find himself playing less games and he'll be a sub, but it's up to him.

If we get De Bruyne then Sterling, Aguero, KDB with Silva in behind is going to need a fully mobile midfield.

Pressure is on Toure. I have always thought that Fernando and Fernandinho were capable of forming the defensive basis of a 3 man midfield, but I'll be in a tiny minority on that. I think we may find out next season because Toure is really going to have to work hard in pre-season and get his fitness back to where it was 18 months ago.

I think Toure will find himself playing less games and he'll be a sub, but it's up to him.

For me Marv it's massively important that we land a top class DM, someone who offers protection, Fernandinho is fantastic player, but he needs someone else with him.

For me Marv it's massively important that we land a top class DM, someone who offers protection, Fernandinho is fantastic player, but he needs someone else with him.

Completely agree. We need a mobile DM nearly as badly as we need Pogba. Last season our midfield in some games was completely over ran and a midfield two of yaya and pogba whilst on paper is exciting people need to remember this is not fifa and in reality there is no defensive protection at all. I hope Pellers plays the 4-2-3-1 formation next year with Silva in behind Aguero and KDB and Sterling out wide. Yaya and Pogba can then rotate alongside either the ferns or the other quality DM. This also allows us in the big games i.e Barca to move Silva out to the wing and play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and have two mobile DM's behind either Pogba or Yaya. This will give us more possession and will allow us to press as a team rather then just the odd player pressing.

Imagine IF we're chasing a game, Sterling & KDB are on the pitch, the board to make a substitution goes up and a defense that's been run ragged see Navas about to come on.

Completely agree. We need a mobile DM nearly as badly as we need Pogba. Last season our midfield in some games was completely over ran and a midfield two of yaya and pogba whilst on paper is exciting people need to remember this is not fifa and in reality there is no defensive protection at all. I hope Pellers plays the 4-2-3-1 formation next year with Silva in behind Aguero and KDB and Sterling out wide. Yaya and Pogba can then rotate alongside either the ferns or the other quality DM. This also allows us in the big games i.e Barca to move Silva out to the wing and play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and have two mobile DM's behind either Pogba or Yaya. This will give us more possession and will allow us to press as a team rather then just the odd player pressing.

Spot on, a top class DM would provide the platform for our silky attackers to do their business, it's something we sorely need and would also help us against elite sides in the CL, if no sorted we'll continue to make the same mistake.

I agree with many of the comments...an upgrade with a top class DM is one of our biggest needs this transfer window....and would allow Sterling, De Bruyne (if signed), Silva and Aguero a lot more freedom, the only thing I would say is.....Pogba is an amazing talent, is there any reason why we couldn't count on him to fill that role for us?...as we wouldnt need him to push forward on every play with the above 4 playing upfront. thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.