De Bruyne?

Came up on M.E.N twitter account...

Clark Whitney‏@Mr_Bundesliga14m14 minutes ago
Kicker: DeBruyne will get a raise & sign a new Wolfsburg deal with €70m release clause added, then join Bayern in 2016

That makes no sense to me. Bayern would buy him now, not wait for his release clause to be increased! They'd buy him and loan him back if anything. I just can't see that at all. Wolfsburg will be trying to tie him down to a bigger release clause to ward off interest from Bayern and to at least make a huge profit if Bayern do get involved.

It will be on the table, as you'd expect but the rest of that is just pure nonsense. We'll still be trying to buy him and whilst Wolfsburg might not want to sell, if KDB wants to leave it will happen.

Is this de bruyne fella really £40 mill worth of talent?

It's hard to imagine he improved that much since he couldn't force his way in at chelsea.

This comment seriously still appearing?!

Mourinho doesn't like certain players. He likes players that will first and foremost run themselves into the ground and defend for his side. He played De Bruyne very rarely, though on one of his appearances he was man of the match. In the same vein that Mata was forced out - De Bruyne was sold to bring in someone else. He's since shown how good he can be, if allowed to play his natural attacking game. He's not the finished article and he would have to work harder off the ball with us than he does, but he has pace, can pick a pass and scores a few. He's exactly the type of player we need and I stand by my opinion that Hazard would be a better player at City than he is at Chelsea because of how he's constrained - we'd see De Bruyne do a lot more at City.

Mourinho doesn't like certain players. He likes players that will first and foremost run themselves into the ground and defend for his side. He played De Bruyne very rarely, though on one of his appearances he was man of the match. In the same vein that Mata was forced out - De Bruyne was sold to bring in someone else. He's since shown how good he can be, if allowed to play his natural attacking game. He's not the finished article and he would have to work harder off the ball with us than he does, but he has pace, can pick a pass and scores a few. He's exactly the type of player we need and I stand by my opinion that Hazard would be a better player at City than he is at Chelsea because of how he's constrained - we'd see De Bruyne do a lot more at City.
To be fair, De Bruyne is a very hard worker, on and off the ball, so it has to be something else Mourinho didn't like :)

Thanks, you watch a lot of German football then.

Would he fit in with our current 442 or do you think signing him means a change possibly 433 ?

Thanks, you watch a lot of German football then.

Would he fit in with our current 442 or do you think signing him means a change possibly 433 ?

I know a lot of people have speculated that the players we have been linked with suggest a change of formation but I don't see it. I think Pellegrini may experiment with formations a bit more next season but I still expect we'll try to fit players into the 4-2-2-2 we have seen in most home games whilst perhaps playing 4-2-3-1 away from home. He can play in either to be honest. I would prefer to see a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 though. It would be good to see Silva, Sterling and De Bruyne (as an example trio) playing behind Aguero and all switching positions.

That makes no sense to me. Bayern would buy him now, not wait for his release clause to be increased! They'd buy him and loan him back if anything. I just can't see that at all. Wolfsburg will be trying to tie him down to a bigger release clause to ward off interest from Bayern and to at least make a huge profit if Bayern do get involved.

It will be on the table, as you'd expect but the rest of that is just pure nonsense. We'll still be trying to buy him and whilst Wolfsburg might not want to sell, if KDB wants to leave it will happen.
A possible explanation would be an agreement between Bayern and Wolfsburg via the VW chairman Winterkorn who is a board member with FC Bayern and indirectly the owner of VW. The advantage for Wolfsburg would be to keep De Bruyne 1 more year and get a high price for him, for Bayern the advantage would be a guarantee to get him. I am afraid this is how it will pan out, and if it is there is something not right about it. Does Bayern own the Bundesliga? How can a competing club accept such a deal? Pathetic!

A possible explanation would be an agreement between Bayern and Wolfsburg via the VW chairman Winterkorn who is a board member with FC Bayern and indirectly the owner of VW. The advantage for Wolfsburg would be to keep De Bruyne 1 more year and get a high price for him, for Bayern the advantage would be a guarantee to get him. I am afraid this is how it will pan out, and if it is there is something not right about it. Does Bayern own the Bundesliga? How can a competing club accept such a deal? Pathetic!

Possibly. But as you say that would be appalling. I seems completely wrong that a Chairman of a company that owns one sports team within the league can also sit on the board with another. That's just absurd really. Bayern will completely monopolise the league, more so than they have already, and really someone needs to look into that. I hadn't appreciated that which is why I found the situation a bit bonkers. Surely other board members of Bayern would be querying that? Why would they be happy to pay more money rather than get him now? I can understand why VW would be happy with the arrangement...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.