Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i like kompany back in the team, not sure if is ok to start him in the derby with no game time after injury.
yet again this is vinny and he is a star in derby

anyhow it is a 4-5-1 for me

hart

sagna
vinny
mangala
kolarov

fer'do
fer'ino
yaya

kdb
sterling

bony/nacho

Why would you drop Navas after MOM performance ?

As long as Kompany is back in, that's the one that matters to me.

If would also be tempted to play Sagna at RB if Kolorov is going to play.

Bony will start.

Bony has to drop deep and create the space for Sterling, de Bruyne, and Navas to exploit, as he did against Bournemouth. There isn't a great deal of natural pace in their defence, so we have to isolate their defenders and go at them.

Yaya is not the player he was but I still think he has 1 or 2 more seasons left in him.

Nando - Dinho - Yaya for me.

Yaya certainly cannot play in a midfield two when we play with two strikers. He naturally advances into the space behind Sterling and becomes exposed. But he was perfectly fine at the start of the season when we were playing 4231. We need to revert back to that, with De Bruyne in the middle but deeper than where Sterling has played in the last two games. Sterling back out on the left where he is much better than De Bruyne at helping his full back. We had a very effective system at the start of the season, particularly in the away games. I really don't see why we should move away from that.

hart

sagna
vinny
mangala
kolarov

fer'do
fer'ino

navas
sterling

KDB YAYA

Yaya plays just behind KDB or the other way around.
KDB can roam to left or center

Call me genious

Assuming its all a devious plot by city, and Silva will be fit

Hart

Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Yaya

Navas
Silva
De Bruyne

Bony

always shit myself on derby day, just fear they will take every half chance they get, torn on leaving Navas out but think i would start both Ferns behind YaYa, the threat/pace of Sterling YaYa & KDB will be enough to create enough chances while staying more solid in front of back 4, I'm not completely against the post above though to be honest but yes id take a draw now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.