Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

If the strategy is being increasingly devolved, the national plan would ultimately become the collection of regional plans. As a collective, the regions would increasingly determine the national plan.

Not a difficult concept. But what a fascinating argument, this contribute/formulate thing. One of your best, I must say, and I’ve particularly enjoyed seeing you tell @Churchlawtonblue how he should be running his business (when he’s not reading the Daily Mail that is).

Can’t wait to see what pearls of wisdom you offer up tomorrow.
You’re just embarrassing yourself now trying to justify that you meant one thing when you clearly said something else.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong. It’s less embarrassing than pretending there’s some convoluted explanation for your idiocy.

1960s. Relevance to my point?
Not exactly sure of your point but if it was that it was Labour’s fault that Birmingham’s wealth declined relative to London, I think that’s somewhat simplistic. As services became dominant in the economy London became more and more important to the national economy and areas that were manufacturing focused like Birmingham became less important. That happened over many decades and can’t be pinned on one party, although the biggest change was in the 1980s under Thatcher when her policies laid waste to large areas of northern England and focussed wealth on the big cities particularly London through the growth of the service sector. Apologies if you were saying something different.

Not exactly sure of your point but if it was that it was Labour’s fault that Birmingham’s wealth declined relative to London, I think that’s somewhat simplistic. As services became dominant in the economy London became more and more important to the national economy and areas that were manufacturing focused like Birmingham became less important. That happened over many decades and can’t be pinned on one party, although the biggest change was in the 1980s under Thatcher when her policies laid waste to large areas of northern England and focussed wealth on the big cities particularly London through the growth of the service sector. Apologies if you were saying something different.

Well Labour effectively prohibited new business setting up in and around Birmingham reducing it to the motor trade and BL so Birmingham decline is all on Labour’s policy as it was then - it was, I believe, well intended policy. The move to services also stems from another Labour policy around the discovery of North Sea gas and a deliberate decline in manufacturing as they saw gas and then oil as a better per capita return - that transition was late 60s early 70s - It’s certainly debatable who did more for the decline of manufacturing in the UK. The view it is all on thatcher doesn’t entirely stand up to scrutiny.

My point was around London’s financial dominance.

Reactions: PPT
I guess the others must be non-jobs in your world.

She graduated from Manchester University in 2007 with a degree in politics and modern history and later gaining a postgraduate in Local Government Management from Warwick Business School and a MA in public policy and governance from UoM, both whilst working full time. She has held a range of jobs across local government, higher education and working for the trade union UNISON.

Before she was appointed as deputy leader of the council in May 2021, she spent four years as executive member for adult services, health, wellbeing and inclusion. She was also deputy chair of Manchester Health and Care Commissioning and co-chair of the Manchester Local Care Organisation

She has worked in a Chinese in the real world

Yes but she’s got a degree. I thought that’s all that mattered as far as you’re concerned judging by the amount you went on about Rayner’s NVQ.

No Raynor never had a job in the real
World too. I have just seen a picture of Jess Phillips. You couldn’t make this up. She looks like a character from little Britain.

We are truly and utterly fucked.

Don’t fare what you say if these people came for a job with me I would laugh. They are ruining our country. It’s terrifying. We are absolutely fucked trust me.

World too. I have just seen a picture of Jess Phillips. You couldn’t make this up. She looks like a character from little Britain.

Don’t fare what you say if these people came for a job with me I would laugh. They are ruining our country. It’s terrifying. We are absolutely fucked trust me.

So people that work in care homes don't have jobs in the real world?

That's a disgusting attitude towards working class women doing hard graft that's also emotionally demanding for very little money, if that's what you believe.

It may just be people like yourself that are fucked as you think that they’re coming for your money, most people without it should be happy that you are giving it to them ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.