Discuss Pellegrini

Skashion said:
City >>>>> Bloody Bluemoon egos. If my doubts about Mancini are assuaged I'll be delighted to admit it.

Here here. I've no doubts about Pellegrini but if it turns out he's not the guy I'll be the first one on here holding my hands up going "yep, he wasn't as good as I thought he was". However I didn't sack Mancini, the owners did. Yet it would seem from many of the comments and questions in this thread that the decision to sack Mancini was mine and therefore I am wholly responsible for what Pellegrini doesn't achieve. It's an interesting way for certain posters to vent their frustrations at me.

FantasyIreland said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is, but it is equally simplistic to fail to grasp the concept that if we don't improve on the pitch, then it is not necessarily axiomatic that sacking Mancini was wrong,

Well according to FantasyIreland, Pellegrini should be sacked at the end of this season if we don't show 'progress', but that he shouldn't be sacked if we don't win something.
Now you are a learned chap.
Can you possibly shed any light on just what he means?
Because to me his logic appears, well, specious.

I'm back......

C'mon NF,you're a bright lad/lass.....

Last season we went backwards,we didnt show up in some games,the most obvious being Wembley...... We certainly didnt give a good account of ourselves over the course of the season,we werent even competitive for much of it.

And thats just on the pitch.......

Do i need to explain,what you already knew,further?

Well, yes you do.
We weren't competitive against the cottage burners last week for much of the game.
Now I reckon Mancini would have been hauled over the coals for losing to a newly-promoted team, and rightly so.
Yet you and notable others were conspicuously quiet, and put it down to the new gaffer settling in and finding his feet, which is also fine, although I don't think Pellegrini can dine out on this 'honeymoon period' indefinitely.
I just fail to see how 'progression' on finishing second and ending up trophyless can be measured with any other yardstick than actually winning something.
Or maybe you have overestimated my intellectual capacities.
Anyway, try and explain it again when you get a minute - imagine I am a small child if it helps.
As long as you are not Rolf Harris.
I'm off now, so enjoy the game.

I thought all this having a pop at players publicly was supposed to have stopped?

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
City >>>>> Bloody Bluemoon egos. If my doubts about Mancini are assuaged I'll be delighted to admit it.

Here here. I've no doubts about Pellegrini but if it turns out he's not the guy I'll be the first one on here holding my hands up going "yep, he wasn't as good as I thought he was". However I didn't sack Mancini, the owners did. Yet it would seem from many of the comments and questions in this thread that the decision to sack Mancini was mine and therefore I am wholly responsible for what Pellegrini doesn't achieve. It's an interesting way for certain posters to vent their frustrations at me.

I think this year will say more about the players we have BS than MP.

We have 4 new players that will be close to and most likely starting if fit in most games so they need to hit the ground running.

If we fail to achieve our efforts of last season when there were difficulties with RM and some of the players then despite Spurs, Liverpool , Chelsea etc improving on and off the field then I can say with some degree of confidence the players lack the mental steel to handle the pressure of expectation.

mancity1 said:
BillyShears said:
Skashion said:

We have 4 new players that will be close to and most likely starting if fit in most games so they need to hit the ground running.

If we fail to achieve our efforts of last season when there were difficulties with RM and some of the players then despite Spurs, Liverpool , Chelsea etc improving on and off the field then I can say with some degree of confidence the players lack the mental steel to handle the pressure of expectation.

Alternatively, if we finish with more points than last season, and win the league, then it'll be clear as day that the players do have the mental fortitude, we have the right manager in charge, and just as there's no need to denigrate Mancini's achievements, there's no need to pine after him.

It's really very simple, and I'll keep repeating it because I enjoy repeating it. Two games, and seven weeks. That's all the time the new manager has had. I'm staggered how many people are wanting to draw comparisons with Mancini's team with which he'd had three years to work. It's transparently disingenuous and genuinely amusing.

thenabster said:
I feel we and everyone is getting caught with his gentlemen etiquette. He seems to be a nice guy and there is no drama in the team which I like however it may be a problem if he's too nice and we don't analyze his shortcomings. Today, Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart. He knew that MP was going to use Garcia and Lescott in defense that were out of sync and slow, so instead of playing Cornelius he plays a fast striker who created havoc in the defense. Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack, so Mackay filled his midfield with fast and strong midfielders who were going to but our midfield on the backheel. Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.

Cardiff is not a better team than us and the players may have under performed but this result also hinges on the manager because tactically he failed today.

I like MP but I'm worried about his gentlemen etiquette. He rarely wins against strong managers, I feel like when we meet the Mourinhos, AVB, Rodgers etc MP will keep on getting tactically outmaneuvered. One thing Mancini had that MP doesn't seem to have was that Mancini was very emotional and vocal, that's why even though the players didn't like him when we were losing 2-0 at half time or something, Mancini would scream the shit out of players to overturn the deficit. I feel like today when Cardiff scored, MP just kept on chilling on his bench. MP is going to have to switch on his inner cockiness.

I think we should also start discussing about him because we can't just blame the players all the time.

This was the starting point, not a week ago yet. I think it is an excellent post identifying some real issues. The question I think it raised is, is Pellegrini up to the job? Mancini is relevant as it is the context in which our club operates. We were a club that struggled and won nothing: the Sheikh made us the richest club in the world. Mancini won us the cup and made us league champions. Then we won nothing, things at the club were "not right" and Pellegrini came in and Mancini went out.

Now, their must be expectations - Pellegrini must have to deliver something! What is it? Presumably he wasn't appointed because he says hello to the staff in the morning, or because the players like him more. His task has to be to put right what went wrong on the pitch last season, and so he has to get more than 78 points and clear the group stage of the CL. But, most fans agree that that would be underachievement for this group of players as it was last season. So ,in discussing Pellegrini, I want to know what he should produce. I also would like to know how long we can afford to allow him "to build his own team", "put his own stamp" on the way we play and "get the best" out of his players. The aster suggested that the Cardiff game wasn't at all encouraging a start. How adequate a defence is "the early days" defence, and how much longer does he need, and what will he have produced by the end of the season? Will it be enough to satisfy supporters who want more silverware?

BillyShears said:
mancity1 said:
BillyShears said:

Alternatively, if we finish with more points than last season, and win the league, then it'll be clear as day that the players do have the mental fortitude, we have the right manager in charge, and just as there's no need to denigrate Mancini's achievements, there's no need to pine after him.

It's really very simple, and I'll keep repeating it because I enjoy repeating it. Two games, and seven weeks. That's all the time the new manager has had. I'm staggered how many people are wanting to draw comparisons with Mancini's team with which he'd had three years to work. It's transparently disingenuous and genuinely amusing.

Points well made and objectively hard to disagree with.

We have to move on from RM , I am sure the club has and so should we IMO.

Nothing to be gained or take comfort in comparing us now to under RM.

We have four new players maybe one more to come plus a new style at the back on set pieces.

I am convinced these players can achieve more trophies provided they have the mental fortitude.

Talent , skill etc are there , they have done it before , do they have the strength to do it again is the question.

mancity1 said:
I am convinced these players can achieve more trophies provided they have the mental fortitude.

Talent , skill etc are there , they have done it before , do they have the strength to do it again is the question.

Personally I think we'll be flourishing by mid October and questions of mental strength etc will have been put to one side. I've a lot of faith in the make up of the squad. There's more than enough model pro's in there to make sure that they don't underachieve as they did last season. Plus they have no excuses now Mancini's gone.

BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Love how shears pops up to question my posts re mancini etc yet has never answered the questions from yesterday..outed by tgr billy just resorts to sarcasm..oh well...why dont you reply to skashion or fetters billy...???See you at the match later...oh hang on.....

-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am --

Love how shears pops up to question my posts re mancini etc yet has never answered the questions from yesterday..outed by tgr billy just resorts to sarcasm..oh well...why dont you reply to skashion or fetters billy...???See you at the match later...oh hang on.....

Not questioning you - just taking the piss out of you for being a moron.
Haha, brilliant.....

strongbowholic said:
I thought all this having a pop at players publicly was supposed to have stopped?
Wait what's happened? Has Pellegrini publicly chastised a player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.