Discuss Pellegrini

taconinja said:
strongbowholic said:
I thought all this having a pop at players publicly was supposed to have stopped?
Wait what's happened? Has Pellegrini publicly chastised a player?

No he has simply told Hart that Pants will play if Harts form continues to be poor, hardly having a pop merely explaining things that any pro footballer should already know.

bluefandk said:
taconinja said:
strongbowholic said:
I thought all this having a pop at players publicly was supposed to have stopped?
Wait what's happened? Has Pellegrini publicly chastised a player?

No he has simply told Hart that Pants will play if Harts form continues to be poor, hardly having a pop merely explaining things that any pro footballer should already know.
Ah I see. Thanks!

Give him time, don't forget he hasn't bought any of these players. He's been given a squad of players and now he's got to make them into a top side. If the new players don't do the business then have a go at the two Spaniards, after all it was their decisions who to buy.

The perceived wisdom was that United would struggle without Ferguson.

At the moment it looks more like City are struggling without Mancini. Today was a throw back to how City played under Hughes. Shambolic defending and very little cohesive teamwork.

What many people underestimate is the basket case City have been over the years. Mancini may not have been liked, he may have been egotistical and vain but he was a hard bastard. As soon as he arrived City looked organised for the first time in years. Sure we struggled in Europe and at times our creativity fizzled out, but I cannot remember us looking as defensively naive under Roberto as we did today. He also seemed to intimidate other managers. He certainly wasn't Ferguson's whipping boy, like so many are.

We heard lots of talk of how "The engineer" was a football genius. But at the moment he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. As many have said the PL is different. He needs to adapt quickly. Is he up to it?

Only thing we learnt so far if we play someone decent we will get dicked. Has he improved us tactically or with his signings? Nope.

6 points out of 9.

From that point of view not bad.

But City look a shadow of their former side. Tactically wide open. The defence a shambles. So much has gone wrong so quickly.

Patience. But City have played two very poor games back to back against very weak opposition. It does not look good

I don't like the shape of the team. It's too attacking meaning that we can't control midfield possession and without midfield possession we can't attack teams

Don't change too much too soon.

Injuries to Kompany, Nastasic and Richards - all in the same position have been hard to deal with

robbieh said:
The perceived wisdom was that United would struggle without Ferguson.

At the moment it looks more like City are struggling without Mancini. Today was a throw back to how City played under Hughes. Shambolic defending and very little cohesive teamwork.

What many people underestimate is the basket case City have been over the years. Mancini may not have been liked, he may have been egotistical and vain but he was a hard bastard. As soon as he arrived City looked organised for the first time in years. Sure we struggled in Europe and at times our creativity fizzled out, but I cannot remember us looking as defensively naive under Roberto as we did today. He also seemed to intimidate other managers. He certainly wasn't Ferguson's whipping boy, like so many are.

We heard lots of talk of how "The engineer" was a football genius. But at the moment he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. As many have said the PL is different. He needs to adapt quickly. Is he up to it?

Bang on the money.

bluemoon32 said:
Give him time, don't forget he hasn't bought any of these players. He's been given a squad of players and now he's got to make them into a top side. If the new players don't do the business then have a go at the two Spaniards, after all it was their decisions who to buy.

Thats against the law on Bluemoon.

BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Love how shears pops up to question my posts re mancini etc yet has never answered the questions from yesterday..outed by tgr billy just resorts to sarcasm..oh well...why dont you reply to skashion or fetters billy...???See you at the match later...oh hang on.....

-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am --

Love how shears pops up to question my posts re mancini etc yet has never answered the questions from yesterday..outed by tgr billy just resorts to sarcasm..oh well...why dont you reply to skashion or fetters billy...???See you at the match later...oh hang on.....

Not questioning you - just taking the piss out of you for being a moron.
Now where is that irony pointer...only two idiots on here but I'm not even going there.
If you think that performance was acceptable today then you keep telling yourself that the club have made the right choice.I on the other hand will reserve judgement..Lets see how we do at Stoke.I hope I am eating my words but after seeing that today I am quite worried.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:42 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am --

Not questioning you - just taking the piss out of you for being a moron.
Now where is that irony pointer...only two idiots on here but I'm not even going there.
If you think that performance was acceptable today then you keep telling yourself that the club have made the right choice.I on the other hand will reserve judgement..Lets see how we do at Stoke.I hope I am eating my words but after seeing that today I am quite worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.