Discuss Pellegrini

This attacking football he wants is always going to leave us vulnerable at the back.I really dont like the high line,although with the right players it make work.He doesnt seem to rate the workhorses in the team,milner and barry,im not sure he gets that in this league we need more than just flair.Not hugely impressed but early days

It is just the third match and all of you are saying. Omg de are bit playing like heyncke's bayern, so pellegrini is a bad coach. I know pellegrini's teams and I can tell you, you don't imagine whay this man can do and how Manchester City will play un a couple of months.
Remember my words

Once we have a settled defence we will be fine in my opinion. We have played with three different center back combinations in the last three games and lost not only our best defensive player, but our leader and captain in that time.

The high line defence system works immensely well if you have the correct players to implement it, but is arguably the hardest system to master as well. It will take us time to do so but it does not help not having your primary central defensive partnership together to let us get on with the work Pellegrini wants to orchestrate to the team.

If we havent got a safe central defence, how can the attackers be confident going forward knowing they have to do extra defensive duty because our defence is not settled?

Pellegrini's main aim during this break will no doubt be to sort the defence out with the new center back and Nastasic and hopefully with Kompany overlooking so he knows what is needed from him when he is back.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is a source of not inconsiderable bewilderment to me that people are making summary judgments on Pellegrini after three fucking games.

It is an utterly absurd thing to do.
Are they?

Most are comments on two very poor back to back performances against poor teams

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is a source of not inconsiderable bewilderment to me that people are making summary judgments on Pellegrini after three fucking games.

It is an utterly absurd thing to do.

GDM I don't think a lot of the fans are making 'summary judgements' on the new manager its just that after the last 2 games we have played a very lot of people are very worried - with some justification I might add.

I dread to think if we had got the first half dozen games the Rags have got this season. Without any exaggeration if we had we could have well been out of contention for the title after them with the way we are playing.

I think its also fair to say that we, the fans expected a bit more after some of the things we had been told about how our playing style was going to change, we was going to have much more width, be far more atractive etc etc. We know this takes time but after 3 games there does not appear to be one jot of difference. If anything its the opposite.

The natives are restless...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.