Discuss Pellegrini

Really disappointed with him so far. The Cardiff game was same old Mancini tactics and why was Navas coming inside.?The defence looked shaky again today. Where is the high tempo playing and pressing we were promised . Nowhere to be seen. At least Joe caught a corner and punched a couple out.

Hes a new manager... with new players... in a new league! Give him a break, he inhereted a team that last season was very predictable and lacked width and pace. Pre season every one at the club talked about us playing exciting new style of football, it wont happen over night!
I think he is going to find it tough for a while because to play pressing high line stuff (ie. Bayern + barca) and to do this he has to replace slow player who arent multi skilled on the ball (barry, lescott) and has to get lazy players who are paid too much and sometimes dont seem to play like they care (nasri, dzeko) play a high tempo pressing game, but if we all get behind him and give him the time im sure he ll have us playing the best football in the premier league thus making us as popular team worldwide as real, barca and bayern... which to compete under ffp we need to be!

There is no rehearsal space in the league or cup competitions ( Capital One aside). I suppose we can write this season off as part of a learning curve - a necessary expense for a better future, but that stretches my patience a bit too much to be honest.

Personally, I think that the exec team, with Pellegrini as their man, have taken us backwards and all this 'holistic football' talk is bollocks.

mammutly said:
There is no rehearsal space in the league or cup competitions ( Capital One aside). I suppose we can write this season off as part of a learning curve - a necessary expense for a better future, but that stretches my patience a bit too much to be honest.

Personally, I think that the exec team, with Pellegrini as their man, have taken us backwards and all this 'holistic football' talk is bollocks.

We're not even in September yet.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is a source of not inconsiderable bewilderment to me that people are making summary judgments on Pellegrini after three fucking games.

It is an utterly absurd thing to do.

But no surprise.

Players sometimes have to be drilled and drilled to get the way their manger wants to play right. Manny wants to do some things differently to Mancini but he can't just stand there and say "make it so".

We definitely did not play how Pellegrini wants today but he made a change at half time that resulted in a win.

I'm also worried. The cornerstone of any successful side is a solid defence. In no way do we look solid. Witch hunts against Hart, Lescott, Garcia and Kolarov don't help but for me trying to play a high line defence with the defenders and midfielders we have will just not work. Our defenders are not mobile enough and our midfielders are too lazy and uncombative to do the necessary pressing. On top of that the change to man to man marking at corners has further weakened/confused things. I'm hoping Pellegrini is smart enough to go back to what was good about the Mancini team and improve the things that were not but so far I think Tevez, Barry and Kolo Toure have been missed more than the new players have impacted.

Dr Jacoby said:
mammutly said:

We're not even in September yet.

True. And maybe luck will sustain us in October, by which time the new game plan might be up to speed. I hope so.

But, we cannot afford to drop points or lose cup games whilst it all comes together. Unless there's a dramatic improvement soon we will be out of the competitions that matter before they've really got started.

OB1 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It is a source of not inconsiderable bewilderment to me that people are making summary judgments on Pellegrini after three fucking games.

It is an utterly absurd thing to do.

But no surprise.

Players sometimes have to be drilled and drilled to get the way their manger wants to play right. Manny wants to do some things differently to Mancini but he can't just stand there and say "make it so".

We definitely did not play how Pellegrini wants today but he made a change at half time that resulted in a win.

So drill them. Isn't that the point of pre season and getting the new players in early? Wasn't pre season great and the training regime much better than in previous seasons? I sure I read a tweet or two from Vincent on this point and as the excuse for getting beat by Arsenal.

Is the Pellegrini way so vastly complicated that it takes months to pick up? Does the 'Pellegrini way' actually exist? I'm only half joking because having watch us go 1-0 and swap an attacker for a midfield player and do a passable impression of parking a bus I'm beginning to wonder if I'm being played.

He's supposed to be a top quality manager, up there with the likes of Mourinho. Early days I know, but I highly doubt it. For the first time since his appointment, I'm really worried that we've dropped a bollock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.