Discuss Pellegrini

moomba said:
Early days yet.
Struggling with tactics, new players finding their feet etc is all fair enough

But players not taking individual responsibility to beat the opposition and just coasting through a game suggests, and only suggests, that maybe it was the players lack of desire that left us short. And not the manager

tumblr_mhceqo702i1s4arevo1_400.jpg

Pellegrini is the man..he's still cleaning up the issues from last season. Old habits die hard, and clearly today's performance reflects that. His attacking mindset will do wonders in the Champions League.

karen7 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Damocles said:
We will give him the same that we gave Mancini after winning the title.

So about two games then.

I for one am fully behind Pellegrini but was a staunch supporter of Mancini. I really didnt give a fuck if the players didn't like him. It clearly showed in their performances.
What I find funny is that the Mancini was shit coach/man managers posters are very very quiet this evening. We played well at home last season,we played well again on Monday.
We played very poorly away last season,we played very poorly away today.
What's changed..?? Not a lot really apart from Bobby sitting pretty on his 6 million pay off plus another 80 mill on 4 players!

certain posters must be washing their hair tonite or i am sure they would be here;)

Just saying what I saw Karen...The Pellegrini lovin has certainly come to an abrupt halt after that showing today..A few more away days like that (which I hope we have none of) and losing Mancini because Hart didn't like him or whatever he did is going to seem like a huge fucking mistake!

riggymcfc123 said:
I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years, i,ve also taken a keen interest in Malaga CF for the past 3 years. If, twelve months ago someone would have told me that Mancini would be replaced by Pellegrini i would have been fucking mortified!
As you can tell by my post count i don't post too often, although i do look in pretty much every day. I've spent most of the summer reading comments from Billy Shears & Didsbury Dave and the like about how shit Mancini was and how wonderful MP is.
let me tell you this, Mancini was a WINNER whilst Pellegrini is the Latin version of Kevin Keegan (Entertaining...but NO trophies!!) he has spent ( backed by Cheeky & Sorry)£84m on attack-minded players.
Last season Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard And De Rossi.....Total cost about £90m, instead he was given Garcia, Sinclair and 'injury prone' Rodwell!!
Had Mancini got his men last summer we could, probably WOULD have won the double and progressed further in the Champions league!!
It seems to me that we have got the best owner in football, Also in Al Mubarak we have the best chairman. trouble is, since the takeover we've lacked someone with a general understanding of premier league football who can run the club on a day-to-day basis!
Firstly we had that bungling bafoon Gary Cook, then the incompetent Brian Marwood and now we have the two Spanish 'wide boys' handing out jobs for the boys!
I hope to god I'm wrong but i believe sacking Mancini will come back to haunt us and all us 'fan boys' will be shaking our heads in disbelief at the Cheeky & Sorry 'fan boys' (Billy and Co) thinking "what the fuck have we done!!!"

In a way I agree we should of backed Mancini last summer he is a winner and he takes no shit from anyone if you have manager like this you either back him and let him do his job or get rid we got rid lets hope its the right decision 36 games to go

Marvin said:
moomba said:
Early days yet.
Struggling with tactics, new players finding their feet etc is all fair enough

But players not taking individual responsibility to beat the opposition and just coasting through a game suggests, and only suggests, that maybe it was the players lack of desire that left us short. And not the manager

Said as much in another thread. Anyone that thought all our problems last season were just down to the manager were kidding themselves.

stan bowles said:
Unlike a lot on here, he didn't get carried away after Newcastle and I am sure he will learn a lot from today. I hope he has the balls to drop the under-performers or the tactical nous to iron out the mistakes. He's had 180 minutes in a new League with new players and is still getting to grips with the demands of it all. The team still looks unbalanced to me and the midfield partnership of Toure and Fernandinho was hopeless against Cardiff. Surely 4-5-1 has to be used away from home with Milner and Rodwell bolstering the middle and giving us more energy and urgency.
He may be getting to grips with it all yeah, meanwhile our title rivals draw further away, should have stuck with Mancini

It still wrecks my head that after clinching the title in such an amazing fashion and grabbing the attention of the whole world we then threw away our greatest opportunity of taking giant strides forwards by not immediately going out and signing three or four top drawer players and putting a marker down on a major scale. That single decision to not throw down the gauntlet may prove to be a watershed moment in our clubs most recent history and arguably has seen us go backwards or stand still at the very least since. Such a golden opportunity wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.