Discuss Pellegrini

So pellegrini was a magician last week and this week he is a clown , the problem with the modern football supporter , is because we spent £80m (despite re-couping £40m from tevez and balotelli) instant success is required , Pellegrini and his coaching staff will learn a lot more from todays performance than thrashing teams 4-0 at the Etihad , its a bad 3 pts to lose , but hardly the end of the world Still confident Pellegrini will have us organised for another top 4 finish and a decent run in the champs league. Lets not start acting like yoooonited "customers" and spitting our dummy out because we dont win the premiership every year.

waspish said:
riggymcfc123 said:
I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years, i,ve also taken a keen interest in Malaga CF for the past 3 years. If, twelve months ago someone would have told me that Mancini would be replaced by Pellegrini i would have been fucking mortified!
As you can tell by my post count i don't post too often, although i do look in pretty much every day. I've spent most of the summer reading comments from Billy Shears & Didsbury Dave and the like about how shit Mancini was and how wonderful MP is.
let me tell you this, Mancini was a WINNER whilst Pellegrini is the Latin version of Kevin Keegan (Entertaining...but NO trophies!!) he has spent ( backed by Cheeky & Sorry)£84m on attack-minded players.
Last season Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard And De Rossi.....Total cost about £90m, instead he was given Garcia, Sinclair and 'injury prone' Rodwell!!
Had Mancini got his men last summer we could, probably WOULD have won the double and progressed further in the Champions league!!
It seems to me that we have got the best owner in football, Also in Al Mubarak we have the best chairman. trouble is, since the takeover we've lacked someone with a general understanding of premier league football who can run the club on a day-to-day basis!
Firstly we had that bungling bafoon Gary Cook, then the incompetent Brian Marwood and now we have the two Spanish 'wide boys' handing out jobs for the boys!
I hope to god I'm wrong but i believe sacking Mancini will come back to haunt us and all us 'fan boys' will be shaking our heads in disbelief at the Cheeky & Sorry 'fan boys' (Billy and Co) thinking "what the fuck have we done!!!"

In a way I agree we should of backed Mancini last summer he is a winner and he takes no shit from anyone if you have manager like this you either back him and let him do his job or get rid we got rid lets hope its the right decision 36 games to go
That post cuts to the bone mate - you´ve said what a lot on here would never dare
I would still question Bob´s man management skills but through the fog of the pre- season transition I´m beginning to get a clearer picture

It´s the players attitudes at the end of the day - they got Bob sacked and they´ll do the same to MP but the Barca guys have a mandate - do better in the CL - end of - and they saw MP punch well above his weight at VR and Malaga. Low expectation clubs - no pressure. If MP thought there was no pressure coming to City he won´t sleep very well tonight

mike channon´s windmill said:
waspish said:
riggymcfc123 said:
I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years, i,ve also taken a keen interest in Malaga CF for the past 3 years. If, twelve months ago someone would have told me that Mancini would be replaced by Pellegrini i would have been fucking mortified!
As you can tell by my post count i don't post too often, although i do look in pretty much every day. I've spent most of the summer reading comments from Billy Shears & Didsbury Dave and the like about how shit Mancini was and how wonderful MP is.
let me tell you this, Mancini was a WINNER whilst Pellegrini is the Latin version of Kevin Keegan (Entertaining...but NO trophies!!) he has spent ( backed by Cheeky & Sorry)£84m on attack-minded players.
Last season Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard And De Rossi.....Total cost about £90m, instead he was given Garcia, Sinclair and 'injury prone' Rodwell!!
Had Mancini got his men last summer we could, probably WOULD have won the double and progressed further in the Champions league!!
It seems to me that we have got the best owner in football, Also in Al Mubarak we have the best chairman. trouble is, since the takeover we've lacked someone with a general understanding of premier league football who can run the club on a day-to-day basis!
Firstly we had that bungling bafoon Gary Cook, then the incompetent Brian Marwood and now we have the two Spanish 'wide boys' handing out jobs for the boys!
I hope to god I'm wrong but i believe sacking Mancini will come back to haunt us and all us 'fan boys' will be shaking our heads in disbelief at the Cheeky & Sorry 'fan boys' (Billy and Co) thinking "what the fuck have we done!!!"

In a way I agree we should of backed Mancini last summer he is a winner and he takes no shit from anyone if you have manager like this you either back him and let him do his job or get rid we got rid lets hope its the right decision 36 games to go
That post cuts to the bone mate - you´ve said what a lot on here would never dare
I would still question Bob´s man management skills but through the fog of the pre- season transition I´m beginning to get a clearer picture

It´s the players attitudes at the end of the day - they got Bob sacked and they´ll do the same to MP but the Barca guys have a mandate - do better in the CL - end of - and they saw MP punch well above his weight at VR and Malaga. Low expectation clubs - no pressure. If MP thought there was no pressure coming to City he won´t sleep very well tonight

I wonder if Hart was at the forefront of this. Seems funny how Platt has said that they wanted him out!!

gmckennasell said:
So pellegrini was a magician last week and this week he is a clown , the problem with the modern football supporter , is because we spent £80m (despite re-couping £40m from tevez and balotelli) instant success is required , Pellegrini and his coaching staff will learn a lot more from todays performance than thrashing teams 4-0 at the Etihad , its a bad 3 pts to lose , but hardly the end of the world Still confident Pellegrini will have us organised for another top 4 finish and a decent run in the champs league. Lets not start acting like yoooonited "customers" and spitting our dummy out because we dont win the premiership every year.
Utd compete for it every season.

WHy shouldn't we. Our players seem content to have won it once

Marvin said:
gmckennasell said:

I'd take you more seriously if you were posting the same with Mancini in charge.

Why aren't you going on one of your "Get behind the club during the season" tirades?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Damocles said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Let's give him a season at least folks...

We will give him the same that we gave Mancini after winning the title.

So about two games then.

I for one am fully behind Pellegrini but was a staunch supporter of Mancini. I really didnt give a fuck if the players didn't like him. It clearly showed in their performances.
What I find funny is that the Mancini was shit coach/man managers posters are very very quiet this evening. We played well at home last season,we played well again on Monday.
We played very poorly away last season,we played very poorly away today.
What's changed..?? Not a lot really apart from Bobby sitting pretty on his 6 million pay off plus another 80 mill on 4 players!

The haters were very quiet when we lost two pre-season friendlies too. The important thing it to get behind Pelligrini and the lads and to bounce back against Hull. Mancini was a man and would want is to do well this season.

Marvin said:
gmckennasell said:

Agreed, and I've had that opinion for a while, shortly after the beginning of last season in fact.

Was it all down to Pellegrini...?!

In a word, NO.....

Too many of our players wasted or gave away the ball too often.
Our defensive shuffle was never going to work with 2 slugs in the middle, although I accept that wasn't the cause of our defensive mishaps today, again Joe Hart flapped at a corner, Zab went to sleep twice and our great Aguero seemed to have lead in his boots.
It was like chalk and cheese compared to the Newcastle game, indeed Cardiff were far better organised and threatening than them.
We had an off day in too many positions, if it happens again I might get concerned, but presently, must move on and trounce Hull next week.
In the meantime we need to buy 1 or 2 quality central defenders, and quick....

Ducado said:
blue underpants said:
stan bowles said:
Unlike a lot on here, he didn't get carried away after Newcastle and I am sure he will learn a lot from today. I hope he has the balls to drop the under-performers or the tactical nous to iron out the mistakes. He's had 180 minutes in a new League with new players and is still getting to grips with the demands of it all. The team still looks unbalanced to me and the midfield partnership of Toure and Fernandinho was hopeless against Cardiff. Surely 4-5-1 has to be used away from home with Milner and Rodwell bolstering the middle and giving us more energy and urgency.
He may be getting to grips with it all yeah, meanwhile our title rivals draw further away, should have stuck with Mancini

Bloody hell Norris get a grip
I have got a grip, iv also gripped the fact that we have hired a nice cosy near pensioner who will not give the team a kick up the arse as required, Mancini would have sorted that fucking shower out today as soon as they equalised, and boo hoo he might have shouted at the poor little dears which is just what they needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.