Discuss Pellegrini

blue underpants said:
stan bowles said:
Unlike a lot on here, he didn't get carried away after Newcastle and I am sure he will learn a lot from today. I hope he has the balls to drop the under-performers or the tactical nous to iron out the mistakes. He's had 180 minutes in a new League with new players and is still getting to grips with the demands of it all. The team still looks unbalanced to me and the midfield partnership of Toure and Fernandinho was hopeless against Cardiff. Surely 4-5-1 has to be used away from home with Milner and Rodwell bolstering the middle and giving us more energy and urgency.
He may be getting to grips with it all yeah, meanwhile our title rivals draw further away, should have stuck with Mancini

Bloody hell Norris get a grip

One key thing that has been pissed poor since our champion season is 'to defend and attack from set pieces'. Pellegrini need to address and improve this part of game asap though.

I'm no cynic said:
It all depends on what Sheikh Mansour wants. Does he accept a gradual restructuring of the club ... the holistic approach ... meaning we could be potless for four or five years until the graduates come through, or does he demand instant success, the lack of which last season cost Mancini his job? If it is the latter, then the whole issue of Pelly winning nothing of note on this continent since his arrival is likely to raise it's ugly head unless today's debacle is immediately rectified and that City go on a long unbeaten run.

well if its the later what was the point of mancini going, none of us really know what went on at city prior to his sacking but we do know he wanted to buy players 'better the squad' but was unable to do so but then MP gets to splash 100 million, your correct it has to be rectified immediately anything less than 3 points to hull and the knives will be out, imo its been a very slow deline in playing standards since de jong went and along with tevez thats a major loss of two players who could handle premiership football

waspish said:
riggymcfc123 said:
I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years, i,ve also taken a keen interest in Malaga CF for the past 3 years. If, twelve months ago someone would have told me that Mancini would be replaced by Pellegrini i would have been fucking mortified!
As you can tell by my post count i don't post too often, although i do look in pretty much every day. I've spent most of the summer reading comments from Billy Shears & Didsbury Dave and the like about how shit Mancini was and how wonderful MP is.
let me tell you this, Mancini was a WINNER whilst Pellegrini is the Latin version of Kevin Keegan (Entertaining...but NO trophies!!) he has spent ( backed by Cheeky & Sorry)£84m on attack-minded players.
Last season Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard And De Rossi.....Total cost about £90m, instead he was given Garcia, Sinclair and 'injury prone' Rodwell!!
Had Mancini got his men last summer we could, probably WOULD have won the double and progressed further in the Champions league!!
It seems to me that we have got the best owner in football, Also in Al Mubarak we have the best chairman. trouble is, since the takeover we've lacked someone with a general understanding of premier league football who can run the club on a day-to-day basis!
Firstly we had that bungling bafoon Gary Cook, then the incompetent Brian Marwood and now we have the two Spanish 'wide boys' handing out jobs for the boys!
I hope to god I'm wrong but i believe sacking Mancini will come back to haunt us and all us 'fan boys' will be shaking our heads in disbelief at the Cheeky & Sorry 'fan boys' (Billy and Co) thinking "what the fuck have we done!!!"

In a way I agree we should of backed Mancini last summer he is a winner and he takes no shit from anyone if you have manager like this you either back him and let him do his job or get rid we got rid lets hope its the right decision 36 games to go
It was the right decision mate for the sake of the club
There would of been anarchy had he stayed
It was pretty obvious the players had spat their dummies out at bobby & got him removed

Anyway we just have to get behind pelle now 100%

This Cardiff had 1 shot on target vs. WHU last week!

Today they scored 3 goals also had a chance for Campbell when he run into the space and tried to shoot it while he was falling in first half also in first half when Garcia headed it to him and Hart came out to save his shoot.

I think Mackay did very well, its not like we had chances after chances, we cant really blame our conversation like we used to, we didnt make that chances we could missed, they didnt let us to make those chances...

How is it that their corners were dangerous, our corners were hardly dangerous. When we have a corner these days I am more worried about them not to counter us with it than hope for a good header/shot after corner...

Awful performance, Yaya, Zabaleta, Hart they were very bad but others werent lot better. Very Mancini-esque match, with the typical problems, bad marking at corners, slow build up, not reacting well to parked bus tactic, lot of bad final passes, 95% of our crosses are shit, especially from fullbacks.

bluethai said:
One key thing that has been pissed poor since our champion season is 'to defend and attack from set pieces'. Pellegrini need to address and improve this part of game asap though.

Disagree we have had the best defensive record for the last three seasons - no matter how good you are we will always concede goals how we concede them is ridiculas - last season was fucked because of our transfer dealings and out strikers not cutting pure and simple

The cookie monster said:
waspish said:
riggymcfc123 said:
I've been a season ticket holder for 32 years, i,ve also taken a keen interest in Malaga CF for the past 3 years. If, twelve months ago someone would have told me that Mancini would be replaced by Pellegrini i would have been fucking mortified!
As you can tell by my post count i don't post too often, although i do look in pretty much every day. I've spent most of the summer reading comments from Billy Shears & Didsbury Dave and the like about how shit Mancini was and how wonderful MP is.
let me tell you this, Mancini was a WINNER whilst Pellegrini is the Latin version of Kevin Keegan (Entertaining...but NO trophies!!) he has spent ( backed by Cheeky & Sorry)£84m on attack-minded players.
Last season Mancini wanted Van Persie, Hazard And De Rossi.....Total cost about £90m, instead he was given Garcia, Sinclair and 'injury prone' Rodwell!!
Had Mancini got his men last summer we could, probably WOULD have won the double and progressed further in the Champions league!!
It seems to me that we have got the best owner in football, Also in Al Mubarak we have the best chairman. trouble is, since the takeover we've lacked someone with a general understanding of premier league football who can run the club on a day-to-day basis!
Firstly we had that bungling bafoon Gary Cook, then the incompetent Brian Marwood and now we have the two Spanish 'wide boys' handing out jobs for the boys!
I hope to god I'm wrong but i believe sacking Mancini will come back to haunt us and all us 'fan boys' will be shaking our heads in disbelief at the Cheeky & Sorry 'fan boys' (Billy and Co) thinking "what the fuck have we done!!!"

In a way I agree we should of backed Mancini last summer he is a winner and he takes no shit from anyone if you have manager like this you either back him and let him do his job or get rid we got rid lets hope its the right decision 36 games to go
It was the right decision mate for the sake of the club
There would of been anarchy had he stayed
It was pretty obvious the players had spat their dummies out at bobby & got him removed

Anyway we just have to get behind pelle now 100%

That is a very diplomatic post pal when we all know that Mancini did nothing wrong.

Pellegrini is a ****. Get him and garcia out. I'd give that sexy **** quagmire the job. What ever became of him?

bluethai said:

Not just defending and attacking set peices, but starting attacks after defending at our end. Our counter attacking is pretty much non existent, and as a result teams can throw plenty of players up for any old free kick. Start seriously punishing teams on the break and they'll stop sending up every man and his dog.

blue underpants said:
stan bowles said:
Unlike a lot on here, he didn't get carried away after Newcastle and I am sure he will learn a lot from today. I hope he has the balls to drop the under-performers or the tactical nous to iron out the mistakes. He's had 180 minutes in a new League with new players and is still getting to grips with the demands of it all. The team still looks unbalanced to me and the midfield partnership of Toure and Fernandinho was hopeless against Cardiff. Surely 4-5-1 has to be used away from home with Milner and Rodwell bolstering the middle and giving us more energy and urgency.
He may be getting to grips with it all yeah, meanwhile our title rivals draw further away, should have stuck with Mancini

Getting to grips with it and making mistakes yes. It's far too early to judge him. I didn't want Mancini sacked either but he's gone and you can whistle Dixie as a long as you like but he's not coming back. Pellegrini is expected to deliver trophies and I assume if he will be sacked if he doesn't this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.