Discuss Pellegrini

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
For the record, I've always rated Kompany, and the only players, from memory, that I've never rated are Garcia and Sinclair. The problem with having an opinion is that it can come back to bite you on the arse I suppose, but to be honest, I'm only voicing concerns that are surely shared by the vast majority of blues at the moment? I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, and I retain the hope that it's early days and he will come good given time, but I'm worried and I don't mind admitting it.

I've always liked your posts hg you know that, and I completely agree with the sentiments in this one too. Absolutely this forum is almost the only place to come and discuss the manager. But there seems to be a lack of appreciation from certain posters to the reality that we are four games into a new season with new players bedding in and a new manager. Given that it seems unwise to make any rash or sweeping generalisation about whether he will be a success or a failure.

You know what I think but i'll stick it up here again. Pellegrini is a top manager who's teams have historically played exciting fluid attacking football. The prospect of him having the players we have at our disposal is mouthwatering. We might not yet have seen much of any of this, but for me it'll come and it'll come sooner than people think.

My gut tells me this forum will be a very different place after we spank the rags next weekend.

Hope to God you are right Billy but, whilst I always hate derbies and fear the worst, I'm thinking the fears are founded this time around. Would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

BillyShears said:
The only salient point right now for those who are interested in being objective about the situation, is that we're 4 games into a new manager's tenure, and are missing key players. Results/points are far more important than performances right now.

10 or so games. And results usually overtake performances in importance at the business end of the season when the pressure is on not at the start when everyone is fresh and the sun is still on our backs. And to quote Ferran "We are looking to play good football and to win and I said that in the right order. If you play good football you will win"

I would suggest we are still looking.

Skashion said:
Am I mistaken for thinking that there is quite a bit more sympathy for injuries under Pellegrini than under Mancini from certain parties? I'm quite sure that injuries were used as a stick to beat Mancini with last season as once again it proved his ineptitude to adapt and to fully utilise his very expensive squad. Now, if Kompany's out, as he was more than once last season - starting 68.4% of last season's league games compared to 81.5% the season before and 97.3% the season before that, apparently this is just bad luck and says nothing about Pellegrini's ability to utilise his even more expensive squad? I definitely think there is a disparity there. I think I detect the smell of egoism once again.

Mancini sacked the medical staff who were largely responsible for keeping our players fit and injury free during our title winning season.

I am going to get some stick for this, but I am starting to think yaya is having a large influence on our performances. His influence on the team is huge ,especially when vinny is out , if he is not fully up for it he drags the rest down with him. It seems he can't be dropped ( contract maybe) so what is the answer can pelle motivate him ,and if he can't is he brave enough to get shut.
Don't get me wrong yaya is one of my favourite players and is probably the best centre mid in the premiership .my only worry is his motivation is lacking and will it ever come back.

I keep hearing that the next 2 games are crucial. I expect us to lose both I am afraid.

But that will not be the disaster many on here will be claiming it is. Merely a setback along the way.

BillyShears said:
Mancini sacked the medical staff who were largely responsible for keeping our players fit and injury free during our title winning season.
Firstly, that's pretty presumptuous anyway, but even if you're right, Mancini's gone, so why hasn't the situation been put right by Pellegrini?

jaigurugoat said:
Mancini was a disciplinarian but he also had very little desire to build relationships with the players. This meant that when things started to go wrong and the disciplinarian style wore thin he was unable to turn things around with them.

Pellegrini is completely the opposite of Mancini. He is bit like Sven in that he treats the players like equals which is ok to a point but as others have said we do not have a squad full of natural grafters and leaders (as opposed to Everton for example). The manager needs to motivate them, we cannot afford to coast through matches like we have been doing. I'm not sure whether Pellegrini fully understands this but hopefully he will learn.

He also has to realise that in the Premier League the bottom team in the league is capable of beating the team at the top, not all the time, but if you play them on a bad day and they are up for the game, then it is quite possible that you would lose the game. This doesn;t often happen in othe European leagues, the top six, will mostly beat the bottom teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.