Discuss Pellegrini

Some of you clearly play too much FM and FIFA. Part of the problem is that Garcia is being asked to play out of position. You can't just pick a bunch of midfielders and claim the manager should have had the foresight to play them in another spot. Yaya has done this for Barca, but he supposedly didn't like it and Barca hardly ever have to defend anyway. My point is that you can't just throw players into positions they don't play at nearly the highest level of football, the responsibilities, movements, and decision making are entirely different in back versus in the midfield.

The Manager didn't have a good CB option yesterday. Boyata is the only credible "should have" argument you can make, but I'm not surprised he chose to go with the more experienced player. Boyata has been on the pitch for some ok results, but his performances have been every bit as shaky as the one we saw yesterday.

I was as disappointed as everyone else but later thought that we had been rather unlucky. The result flattered a limited though hard-working Cardiff side who were fortunate to be playing a team with significant defensive injuries, recent signings and a new manager in their first home game.

We have the best squad in the league. Let the other teams keep congratulating themselves in August.

I felt that there was more of an attitude yesterday that we could get back two goals or even more, unlike some of the away defeats last season.

As we also found last season, drawing games is fairly useless at the top of the table and so we might have to take the odd defeat but go for decent away wins when such opportunities arise, as they surely will several times over the coming months. Let fortune favour the brave. Being overly cautious in formation and passing speed yesterday was not the answer. I am sure that MP knows this. CTID

The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
There was a clearly audible chant for Mancini towards the end of yesterday's match and we don't want the atmosphere poisoning at future matches.
Really, or are just WUMming ? Only an idiot would chant for any previous manager.
Do you think some of our fans are any different to Dippers or the Chavs if we went on a bad run?
No I don't think we are any different, but I also don't think it happened either, oh and we're not on a bad run at the moment, unless 1 game is a run now.

cleavers said:
No I don't think we are any different, but I also don't think it happened either, oh and we're not on a bad run at the moment, unless 1 game is a run now.

I'm sure if it happened at the match, then we will have more than one poster attesting to it.

cleavers said:
The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
Really, or are just WUMming ? Only an idiot would chant for any previous manager.
Do you think some of our fans are any different to Dippers or the Chavs if we went on a bad run?
Tbh I meant if we went on a bad run

I was a big Mancini fan,but I couldn't sing his name while pellegrini is in charge
Especially knowing the players got him sacked
I don't think that would motivate them hearing his name once again :)

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:

I'm sure if it happened at the match, then we will have more than one poster attesting to it.
So am I, even if it was only a few. It would have been all over here, if only to try and wind a few on here up.

Yo Juan!! Fancy playing for us, Yes Mr Manuel very much, See yer in the 11 Saturday.

bsmjyqkccaadx6d.jpg

coleridge said:
I was as disappointed as everyone else but later thought that we had been rather unlucky. The result flattered a limited though hard-working Cardiff side who were fortunate to be playing a team with significant defensive injuries, recent signings and a new manager in their first home game.

We have the best squad in the league. Let the other teams keep congratulating themselves in August.

I felt that there was more of an attitude yesterday that we could get back two goals or even more, unlike some of the away defeats last season.

As we also found last season, drawing games is fairly useless at the top of the table and so we might have to take the odd defeat but go for decent away wins when such opportunities arise, as they surely will several times over the coming months. Let fortune favour the brave. Being overly cautious in formation and passing speed yesterday was not the answer. I am sure that MP knows this. CTID

You would always prefer a draw than a loss.

We probably did enough for a point but football doesn't work on probable's.

Cardiff deserved the three points and got the three points albeit on the back of some Sunday League defending.

The cookie monster said:

I daresay it'd impress anyone associated with the club to hear the supporters singing that guy's name during a match this season. It'd be a downright embarrassment for all involved and would show that we have supporters just as thick as Chelsea and the scousers do.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:

I daresay it'd impress anyone associated with the club to hear the supporters singing that guy's name during a match this season. It'd be a downright embarrassment for all involved and would show that we have supporters just as thick as Chelsea and the scousers do.

I don't disagree. I am just saying that if there are people willing to sing "you can still your Pellegrini up your arse", it wouldn't take much for that element to turn negative. A bad idea, I totally agree, and counter-productive. It would have to get really bad, but honestly, its naive to rule it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.