Discuss Pellegrini

ban-mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
agreed, i hope for the life of me no-one sings mancini's name ever again at a city game, unless of course he comes back with another side and we show him some respect like we did with sven at leicester.

Bang on ... Mancini will get a rousing welcome if he ever comes back - I'd expect nothing less from a supporter base who loved him as much as the overwhelmingly vast majority of City supporters did. But singing his name while Pellegrini is in charge because you're not happy with what's going on on the field is just so scouse/chav-like the thought is making me want to slap someone.

it would be a travesty. and would send shockwaves through the club's confidence.

I would very much doubt the fans on mass would sing about Mancini as a slight against Pellegrini. More likely to show respect for the job that has gone before and people like Pellegrini will be intelligent enough to see that. Admittedly the press may try to distort it if cracks start showing this season. Hopefully it will not happen on a regular basis anyway.

Although we like a good moan in the vast majority of instances City fans are generally supportive of managers and I have no doubt that will be extended to Pellegrini and rightly so.

I was a huge Mancini fan but the past is the past and when last season people blamed the poor away performances on Mancinis 'italian mentality' and poor management it did not sound logical. Why would a manager tactically alter a team that has swept all before them at home and ask them to try and play differently away, particularly a side chasing the title when so few points can be dropped.

Pellegrini faces the same problem as Mancini. The players mentality completely changes away from home, they become submissive and overly cautious in possession. Within 2 minutes of the game an average Cardiff side had posed more questions than Newcastle the previous sunday because, unlike at home games, we never took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Pellegrini will have to answer the conundrum of this complete contrast in performance between home and away games. The fact that it has occurrred under two successive managers will hopefully give the new manager some slack as it may dawn on some fans that the problem lies with the players and not the tactics of the manager. For that reason I will happily be patient of the new man in charge.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
Especially knowing the players got him sacked
I don't think that would motivate them hearing his name once again :)

I daresay it'd impress anyone associated with the club to hear the supporters singing that guy's name during a match this season. It'd be a downright embarrassment for all involved and would show that we have supporters just as thick as Chelsea and the scousers do.
Totally agree..

Open minded about the new manager as I have been about every manager we've ever had. I have to say though, I wasn't overly impressed with him yesterday. Still early days though.

cleavers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
There was a clearly audible chant for Mancini towards the end of yesterday's match and we don't want the atmosphere poisoning at future matches.
Really, or are just WUMming ? Only an idiot would chant for any previous manager.

It's utter bollocks and he knows it, he's either a Rag, WUM or both?

cleavers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
There was a clearly audible chant for Mancini towards the end of yesterday's match and we don't want the atmosphere poisoning at future matches.
Really, or are just WUMming ? Only an idiot would chant for any previous manager.

It was clearly audible on Sky - only briefly, when their third went in.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
cleavers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Rubbish. Absolute lie.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
cleavers said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

I'm sure others will back me up that were there, nothing was sung or mentioned?

Total bullshit

It's obvious how few centre halves we had available, but the lesson I want Pellegrini to have learnt is that yaya is ineffective in a holding role against a team with any kind of midfield pace amd aggression. People go past him like he's not there, and when he spends the game lobbing over-ambitious balls to their keeper like he did yesterday he becomes a liability. He can play there in the 'easy' home games but he needs to be part of a 433 or left on the bench for other games. This was accentuated yesterday because without vinny stepping forward with the ball everyone just kept giving it to yaya who was far too immobile and who's passing was either negative poor. I think rodwell's time could be coming.

Apart from that it was a freak result caused exclusively by bad defending. I think pants might be close to a call up now and I also think Micah plays instead of zab when he's fit. Not only is zab making errors but he's running into navas's space then wasting possession.

Overall it was a bad day at the office. The time to judge Pellegrini is after we have seen how he reacts to these results and problems. I saw some positives too. I thought our attitude was very good and we didn't let them boss the game. We got all over them and used our width to stretch them and open them up. The game was fucking won, they were tiring and I could only see us getting a bagful. Then we let them back into the game with the most schoolboy of errors.

Didsbury Dave said:
It's obvious how few centre halves we had available, but the lesson I want Pellegrini to have learnt is that yaya is ineffective in a holding role against a team with any kind of midfield pace amd aggression. People go past him like he's not there, and when he spends the game lobbing over-ambitious balls to their keeper like he did yesterday he becomes a liability. He can play there in the 'easy' home games but he needs to be part of a 433 or left on the bench for other games. This was accentuated yesterday because without vinny stepping forward with the ball everyone just kept giving it to yaya who was far too immobile and who's passing was either negative poor. I think rodwell's time could be coming.

Apart from that it was a freak result caused exclusively by bad defending. I think pants might be close to a call up now and I also think Micah plays instead of zab when he's fit. Not only is zab making errors but he's running into navas's space then wasting possession.

Overall it was a bad day at the office. The time to judge Pellegrini is after we have seen how he reacts to these results and problems. I saw some positives too. I thought our attitude was very good and we didn't let them boss the game. We got all over them and used our width to stretch them and open them up. The game was fucking won, they were tiring and I could only see us getting a bagful. Then we let them back into the game with the most schoolboy of errors.

Mate they out thought us. They sat back let us have the ball in areas we couldn't hurt them and punished us when they got chances. They also out fought us. At no point did we look like getting a bagful. Surely you'd have to blame pellers as well for taking off our width, I don't think we ever really did stretch them but when he took navas off he definitely took away our ability to stretch them.

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Mate they out thought us. They sat back let us have the ball in areas we couldn't hurt them and punished us when they got chances. They also out fought us. At no point did we look like getting a bagful. Surely you'd have to blame pellers as well for taking off our width, I don't think we ever really did stretch them but when he took navas off he definitely took away our ability to stretch them.
Of course they didn't outthink us. We absolutely bombed them. They defended well and had three Christmases come at once through our defending. When the manager removed navas we had gone a goal up and were totally in command. I would imagine the manager assumed they would come at us, holes would open up and nasri would assist us playing through them on the break. When they equalised he needed the width again as they retreated back behind the ball so introduced Milner.

If there's a criticism of the manager, its why didn't he address the weakness that was yaya at the base of the midfield. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the centre halves he picked.

Time to start passing judgment is if he fails to address these weaknesses .

This was a freak result in lots of ways rather than a dreadful performance. There were good things on there as well as bad. Most of the 'bad' was invividual errors rather than system errors. We will bounce back, I'm sure. Don't underestimate what a big loss vinny is and how unlucky we have been to lose three defenders so early in the season at a time when we are surely shopping for another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.