Discuss Pellegrini

Well I guess now we get to see how Pellegrini is different from Mancini. We had problems under Roberto but he never rectified them, hopefully it is a different story under Pellegrini.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Our passing was nowhere near as quick yesterday as Monday.

It was the same old scenario from last year, lots of nice little passes, lots of possession, very few shots on goal and their keeper having very little to do.

I couldn't see one improvement offensively from these types of games last year.

But all of the outers/Mancini haters said that Pellegrini would change it all away from home.......................................

You're tight, they did.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm --<br /><br />
The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
The cookie monster said:
Do you think some of our fans are any different to Dippers or the Chavs if we went on a bad run?
No I don't think we are any different, but I also don't think it happened either, oh and we're not on a bad run at the moment, unless 1 game is a run now.
Tbh I meant if we went on a bad run

I was a big Mancini fan,but I couldn't sing his name while pellegrini is in charge
Especially knowing the players got him sacked
I don't think that would motivate them hearing his name once again :)

I would sing his name if he came back to see us but then and only then. I wish he was here but he isn't. We have to get on with it.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Our passing was nowhere near as quick yesterday as Monday.

It was the same old scenario from last year, lots of nice little passes, lots of possession, very few shots on goal and their keeper having very little to do.

I couldn't see one improvement offensively from these types of games last year.

But all of the outers/Mancini haters said that Pellegrini would change it all away from home.......................................
You entered this thread looking to stir the shit and now you continue....... Very sad.

jake28 said:
Neil McNab said:
I've seen nothing from Pellegrini to suggest he is clueless yet, I think we may lose this season as he gets to grips with what the players are capable of, I'd be fascinated to know what Mancini would have done with the squad having been let down by players so frequently, too early to judge him yet.

Fernandinho looks average and was a player who would
apparently have been signed if Mancini had stayed, wonder why and by whom.
Richards & Kompany should be moved on if they can't get their bodies in one piece on a regular basis.
Can't help thinking Negrado and Nasri would have been better suited to yesterdays game, Garcia continues to do his impression of Rodney Trotter.

That wouldn't be acceptable for me. It's not like he's managing a bunch of unknowns,he should know pretty much everything they are capable of. I agree with everything else though,Fernandinho was swatted around like a fly yesterday.

Fernandinho was putting fires out on his own because Yaya went missing, Rodwell or Milner wouldn't have left him exposed. Yaya is a fucking liability when he can't be arsed.

We were the better side yesterday, typical knee jerk shit off the wet blankets on here.

For fuck sake. I'm presuming we all want Pellegrini to be successful, and to fix our problems from last season - which was actually drawing too many we deserved to win both at home and away rather than losing a few we deserved to lose on the road (as yesterday). Yes, we all want this, right? I hope we do and putting stupid petty egos aside, as some of you are finding difficult to do with silly point scoring, if Pellegrini does do better, it does not diminish Mancini's legacy one bit, which I think is what's driving this continuance of this Inner-Outer bollocks. Pellegrini's got a lot going for him. He's been given a large sum of spending money to improve us - and thus that's what we should expect, and, even with the Willian deal, has still outspent everybody else so far, Ferguson's gone too, which nobody was expecting. Essentially Pellegrini's got the wind in his sails, at least he should, and if he capitalises FUCKING FANTASTIC. If the Outers use that to make you feel like a fool for backing Mancini, so be it and more's the pity that they would be so petty, but no amount of success that Pellegrini can bring, should make you feel foolish for backing Mancini. So, please, move onwards and upwards, no lingering bitterness, no egos, no tit-for-tat point scoring, just wanting the best for our club under our new manager. Celebrate his successes, commiserate and comment on his losses. Abandon the silver lining sentiment of losing that, oh well, at least I'll be able to have a pop at Didsbury Dave or BillyShears if we lose.

By the way, I'm going to add a disclaimer to this post. Although I want to get beyond all this shite, I'm not going to stop defending Mancini. If I see someone having a go, I'll have one back. I'd just rather stop talking about him, stop the silly tit-for-tat and get back to discussing our club, having our disagreements of course, but without the point scoring.

Jumanji said:
RegMuffin said:
I'm gonna put my head on the block and suggest there wasn't too much wrong with the way we went about the game yesterday - yes a few players had an off day - but we got round the bus and scored what should've been the winner.

It was three defensive lapses that cost us, not the tactics, the formation or their manager being a fking genius (as a few on here would have us believe). MP saw it all coming, would expect them to use pace against a makeshift back two. FFS they scored 3 goals from 1,2 and 3 yards out.

It happens. We'll learn. Start again next game round.
Agreed.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I don't think we played that badly yesterday, it definitely wasn't a performance like Southampton away last season. We played well at times, after Dzeko's goal, I was confident we would get a second on the break. The equalizer was a very poor goal to give away (they all were), as Cardiff reverted to type, parked the bus, won two corners, and scored from them both. A lack of leadership and composure at the back, which Kompany and Nastasic bring, cost us.

Roll on Saturday, I'm expecting a response. Pellegrini will learn more from these types of games, then home batterings.

Skashion said:
For fuck sake. I'm presuming we all want Pellegrini to be successful, and to fix our problems from last season - which was actually drawing too many we deserved to win both at home and away rather than losing a few we deserved to lose on the road (as yesterday). Yes, we all want this, right? I hope we do and putting stupid petty egos aside, as some of you are finding difficult to do with silly point scoring, if Pellegrini does do better, it does not diminish Mancini's legacy one bit, which I think is what's driving this continuance of this Inner-Outer bollocks. Pellegrini's got a lot going for him. He's been given a large sum of spending money to improve us - and thus that's what we should expect, and, even with the Willian deal, has still outspent everybody else so far, Ferguson's gone too, which nobody was expecting. Essentially Pellegrini's got the wind in his sails, at least he should, and if he capitalises FUCKING FANTASTIC. If the Outers use that to make you feel like a fool for backing Mancini, so be it and more's the pity that they would be so petty, but no amount of success that Pellegrini can bring, should make you feel foolish for backing Mancini. So, please, move onwards and upwards, no lingering bitterness, no egos, no tit-for-tat point scoring, just wanting the best for our club under our new manager. Celebrate his successes, commiserate and comment on his losses. Abandon the silver lining sentiment of losing that, oh well, at least I'll be able to have a pop at Didsbury Dave or BillyShears if we lose.

By the way, I'm going to add a disclaimer to this post. Although I want to get beyond all this shite, I'm not going to stop defending Mancini. If I see someone having a go, I'll have one back. I'd just rather stop talking about him, stop the silly tit-for-tat and get back to discussing our club, having our disagreements of course, but without the point scoring.

Well said, baby.

For me his face just does not fit in for some reason

if it don't work out for pellers, let's do a chelsea/mourinho and get Mancini back.

Bobby knows the squad already and would waste no time in getting us back to where we belong.

flb said:
jake28 said:
Neil McNab said:
I've seen nothing from Pellegrini to suggest he is clueless yet, I think we may lose this season as he gets to grips with what the players are capable of, I'd be fascinated to know what Mancini would have done with the squad having been let down by players so frequently, too early to judge him yet.

Fernandinho looks average and was a player who would
apparently have been signed if Mancini had stayed, wonder why and by whom.
Richards & Kompany should be moved on if they can't get their bodies in one piece on a regular basis.
Can't help thinking Negrado and Nasri would have been better suited to yesterdays game, Garcia continues to do his impression of Rodney Trotter.

That wouldn't be acceptable for me. It's not like he's managing a bunch of unknowns,he should know pretty much everything they are capable of. I agree with everything else though,Fernandinho was swatted around like a fly yesterday.

Fernandinho was putting fires out on his own because Yaya went missing, Rodwell or Milner wouldn't have left him exposed. Yaya is a fucking liability when he can't be arsed.

We were the better side yesterday, typical knee jerk shit off the wet blankets on here.

We should be the better side against a newly promoted side with the quality we have in our side. The problem is, as is so often the case, we just can't get past well organised sides.

I watched us in the flesh Monday and thought we were a completely different side to last season.

I watched on tv yesterday and thought we were a completely different side to Monday!

Skashion said:

Pellegrini has to earn the right to be considered as great a manager as the most successful City manager since Joe Mercer.

I'm sure all Blues want that of course but simply to demean Bobby will not in itself make Pellegrini a better manager and only alienates those of us who really value our last managers fantastic contribution to the progression back to the top table of MCFC.

Time will tell with Pellegrini......... Bobby Manc's place is already assured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.