Discuss Pellegrini

What will Pelli have learnt today?

Yaya is a lazy twat who thinks he can walk through a game when the opposition are not worthy of him.
Joe Hart is England's No. 1keeper because the rest are even worse.
Zabaleta is a workhorse but not a defender.
Lescott is a donkey.
Nasri is a French tart.
Silva flatters to deceive
Aguero resembles a headless chicken
Clichy is one up from a French tart.
The rest are shit..

although we`ve had a good defensive record for the last 2 seasons this has hinged on 1st keeping Kompany fit & 2nd playing with 1 sometimes 2 midfielders sat in front of them. we then relay on the talent up front to win us the game. Today we had no-one protecting the back four, a back four containing Garcia, a recipe for disaster. Pellegrini cannot make this mistake again.

Lets sell everybody! Bring back Charvet, Barton and Sibierski. I wanna go back to the days when 40 points was a celebration. I wanna go back to being likkle ole city the underdog when we never won at home and never won away cos we were all pissed up. I wanna watch kiki musampa volley in a winner against Liverpool and celebrate like we had won the world cup.

nellyonthewing said:
What will Pelli have learnt today?

Yaya is a lazy twat who thinks he can walk through a game when the opposition are not worthy of him.
Joe Hart is England's No. 1keeper because the rest are even worse.
Zabaleta is a workhorse but not a defender.
Lescott is a donkey.
Nasri is a French tart.
Silva flatters to deceive
Aguero resembles a headless chicken
Clichy is one up from a French tart.
The rest are shit..
:D

teddykgb said:
thenabster said:
teddykgb said:
React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

Boyata could have played and Garcia or Barry should have played in the midfield with Yaya and Fernandinho. Why don't we play with a holding midfielder away from home. We have two midifielders who don't like to defend and everytime we lose the ball the whole team is on the backheel because nobody in the midifeld wants to defend. Look at the slalom Kim had for the first goal, no one came to close him down.

That's how an adept manager reacts to a situation. Plus why are we ostracizing Barry? When things are going well nobody cares but if things get bad, that shit will come to hunt MP like Anelka did for AVB.

So we lose because of shambolic defending and an inability to penetrate the bus and your tactical suggestion is to deploy a holding midfielder ?

Yaya and Fernandinho both "like" to defend. We did not lose today because we were caught on the counter and didn't have a deep midfielder to break up play. Not one of our goals were due to this "tactical error". We had the majority of the ball and Fernandinho and Yaya both won the ball back at an acceptable rate.

Again, not one goal was scored because of anything a holding midfielder would have done. Yaya didn't track his runner for the first goal, a mistake Barry has made several times recently as well. Nonetheless, they were deep and setup, there's nothing a holding mid would ahve done there, excepting maybe a different person might have put in the effort to track his man, which is a player issue, not a tactical one. The team was in position to defend, they simply didn't defend. I'm not sure how a holding midfielder helps us not concede from corners, but if you can prove that one, i'm all ears. Again, the team didn't execute, they were not beaten tactically.

As far as Boyata, if that's the "answer" then the question is quite obviously the problem. Choosing between Boyata and Garcia is like choosing between cancer and AIDS (just a joke). Boyata would never have been inserted over Lescott, and although Garcia was incredibly shaky, he managed to not be at fault for any of their goals.

To summarize, if we had been tactically annhilated, we wouldn't have dominated possession, chances, etc. Or if we had, the other team would have broken well and scored on the counter. None of that happened today, although it did come close a few times. We lost because we played like boneheads in our own half. This should have been a 1-0 "lucky to get out of there" victory, the kind that class PL teams pull off all the time.

That's your opinion.
A holding midfielder wasn't only needed to prevent Cardiff from scoring the first goal (with a holding midfielder Kim would had have a much lesser chance to slalom though our defense like he did) . He was also needed because the whole game we never got into sync, got into our rhythm because Cardiff kept coming at us since our midfield was thin. if we had a more crowded midfield we would have easily beaten them in the midfield battle which we didn't. The whole of the first half we had no clear cut chances and Dzeko's goal was mostly because of Dzeko's talent then anything else.

kippaxking79 said:
Lets sell everybody! Bring back Charvet, Barton and Sibierski. I wanna go back to the days when 40 points was a celebration. I wanna go back to being likkle ole city the underdog when we never won at home and never won away cos we were all pissed up. I wanna watch kiki musampa volley in a winner against Liverpool and celebrate like we had won the world cup.

Oh the memories,you tease. ;)

dctid said:
Not impressed

Monday night flattered us today was shambolic

We will regret sacking Mancini but goota give MP time although personally i dont think he is the right man - tippy tappy footballing shit ala La Ligua wont cut it in this league
Problem is the 2 Barca guys at the helm seem to have convinced our owners it will
Bob was never going to get us to the next level. Pellegrini might - the next level down
Time will tell - something MP really doesn´t have unlike many on here claim

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
dctid said:
Not impressed

Monday night flattered us today was shambolic

We will regret sacking Mancini but goota give MP time although personally i dont think he is the right man - tippy tappy footballing shit ala La Ligua wont cut it in this league

You're argument is confused. "Tippy tappy" football was exactly what Mancini played last season.

Yes i agree but i do feel that had if Mancini was backed like MP was last season may have been different

I feel that under MP we are likely to conceed more which will result in lower place finishes

I dont think we have the players with the correct mentality / hunger call it what you want to win fuck all - at least with Mancini there was a fear factor - i saw nothing utterely noithing different from Wigan a half arsed cant be arsed performance Wigan wanted it more and won - Cardiff wanted it more and won today

I am sorry but he made the same mistakes Mancini made when it comes to subs. Takes our only goalscorer off but leaves that lazy sack of shit Toure on for the whole game. What does Yaya have to do to get subbed??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.