Discuss Pellegrini

Shocking a performance as it was,most of that team was made up of the same players who seriously underperformed last season right up to the FA Cup Final.
It's going to take longer than a pre-season and two league games for Manny to sort that shit out.

They're different managers.

Mancini was the guy who would beat the shit out of you if you were crap, which inspired you in the short term to go out there and stick it in his face.

Pellegrini is the old gent who just wants what's best for you, which gives you a deep base of confidence to work off of to better express yourself.

Pellegrini will definitely get the team moving forward but we have to give him time for his ideals to settle in.

robbieh said:
The difference I have noticed is that we are a bit more direct than under Mancini, Yaya doing lots of not very accurate long passing. The defence seems to have gone from a pretty tight unit to a shambles.

What both Manuel and Roberto haven't seemed to grasp is that even Barca might struggle against Cardiff and their ilk.

We have several players who to my mind would be better in La Liga. Yaya, Silva, Edin. Not saying they are bad players.

We also have players who seem designed for the EPL. Milner, Negredo and Navas. Admittedly the last two have only played twice. But Navas has pace and Negredo is physical. Dzeko reminds me of Le Tissier. He is a bit of a soft boy. Lots of skill, great goals BUT...

We need to move the ball much quicker, this will allow Kun more space to use his speed and skill.

I reckon this may have been a shock for our new manager. Hope he learns quickly.

Dzeko reminds you of Le Tissier? bloody hell that is funny

Damocles said:

Mancini was the guy who would beat the shit out of you if you were crap, which inspired you in the short term to go out there and stick it in his face.

Pellegrini is the old gent who just wants what's best for you, which gives you a deep base of confidence to work off of to better express yourself.

Pellegrini will definitely get the team moving forward but we have to give him time for his ideals to settle in.

I am not sure if he is going to get that mate? I hope he does but 4 new players aint gonna sort that shit out!!!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Damocles said:

I am not sure if he is going to get that mate? I hope he does but 4 new players aint gonna sort that shit out!!!

I can't imagine that the Barca boys would sack him after replacing a manager who got to a cup final and came second the year after the title.

I won't get started on those two as I happen to think that they're the worst thing to happen to City since Alan Ball.

ballinio said:
bondsman said:
Mancini took over from Hughes and instantly improved us. We looked organised and purposeful. Pellegrini has arrived and his impact has been?? Fuck all really if everyone is honest. He has not stamped his identity on the side at all and that is worrying.
A lot worse if you ask me.
Give the guy some time please..a attacking philosophy is harder to impregnate then a defensive one

bondsman said:
Mancini took over from Hughes and instantly improved us. We looked organised and purposeful. Pellegrini has arrived and his impact has been?? Fuck all really if everyone is honest. He has not stamped his identity on the side at all and that is worrying.

And apparently last season half the team don't like Mancini and we got to a Fa cup final and finished second!

It's early days but I hope Pelegrini can improve our away performances I don't worry about out home performances

My concern is that Pellegrini is a nice guy whose City team will score lots of goals but also concede lots of goals, and ultimately win nothing (ala Kevin Keegan).

But its early days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.