Discuss Pellegrini

Cobwebcat said:
Bob was a good Manager but his time had come to an end.

Pelle should be judged on his own performances. So far I can't see it and some of his decisions have me scratching my head.

i dont think you are alone scratching your head,if he dont get his act together soon we will have a new Terrace
Chat regardless of what anyone thinks about his Man Management.

We want Mancini Back
We want Mancini Back
We want Mancini Back
We want Mancini Back

I can see some good terrace banter coming if the results stay poor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The cookie monster said:
Blankomania said:
Is anyone actually suggesting we should sack pellegrini....
I'm not as he should be given longer
However Mancini was questioned after 5 games last season
And he was a title winning manager
So if folk want to question him thats up to them,it's a forum after all.
I'm not suggesting that you can't discuss pelegrinis tactics or player selection etc. I just wanted to see who thought we should sack a manager after 4 games in charge, I don't think even chelsea have done that....

Blankomania said:
The cookie monster said:
Blankomania said:
Is anyone actually suggesting we should sack pellegrini....
I'm not as he should be given longer
However Mancini was questioned after 5 games last season
And he was a title winning manager
So if folk want to question him thats up to them,it's a forum after all.
I'm not suggesting that you can't discuss pelegrinis tactics or player selection etc. I just wanted to see who thought we should sack a manager after 4 games in charge, I don't think even chelsea have done that....

I believe 13 games is the earliest someones been sacked in the prem. Even if we continue like this all season I don't think the board will sack Pellegrini this season as they will lose face and look like complete twats.

mike channon´s windmill said:
rastus said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
If it´s the players then you can rest assured that they still wouldn´t be putting in a shift for Bob if he were still here - damned if you do, damned if you don´t. The simple answer is get shut but we got rid of the wrong players instead.
Who would be willing to sanction the sales of Aguero, Silva and Yaya ? Has anyone got the balls to do it coz if it´s about saving money then there´s your answer. Is Yaya just pissed off at the treatment of his bro and using these insipid performances as payback?
Just putting that one out there

Hmmm ......I dont think so

-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:50 pm --

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Jesus, usual suspects on here still unable to believe that City sacked their beloved, dapper Bobby Boy despite all the evidence/indications in the decent press that the guy was arrogant and deeply unpopular with most of the City staff. Still blind to the fact that last season was probably the most disappointing in our history since we got relegated to the old 3rd Division, particularly when you factor in the budget, funds and players at our disposal. We've only played 4 league games so far yet the knives are out, who are we turning in to? Let's give the guy a chance to bed in.
You really have to ask yourself why Mancini wasnt backed after winning the PL

So we all agree then that the problem is player power - those on the top dollar are the tail wagging the dog? If that´s the case we´re screwed unless MP can miraculously turn us into a Stellar version of Villarreal
Player power shoudnt exist, but it does if you let that virus loose and in my honest opinion once we won the PL some of our spoilt fuckers dug in. Also the power struggle between Txixi, Bergi and Mancini suited the Spanish power take and a very weak transfer market after winning the PL without any of Mancinis first choice targets was to our detriment.

COME ON CITY....

moomba said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Great great post..and imagine if wed have given him 80 million as well pam...
Just got back to piccadily and loads saying the same.

We did give him £80m. In fact we gave him £130m. He spent it on Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov and Balotelli, not one of whom he came close to eliciting anything remotely approaching consistency or value for money from. But having shite man management skills doesn't bother you, eh?!
Those best placed (ie Khaldoon) made the right call. We were on the slide under Mancini, looking increasingly limited and easy to thwart, and any amount of bleating on your behalfs won't change that fact. The great shame is that so far Pellegrini has tanked big time, with not only little sign of improvement, but rather active regression. It is my sincerest wish that he sorts it out pronto though, so we don't have to listen to any more bitter, retrospective, drivelling on this board.......

Both sides of the debate need to end the bitter, retrospective drivel. It serves no purpose at all and means the real issues arent discussed on here.

The mental thing though is that it's as if the "Mancini inners" believe it is the "outers" fault that Sheikh Mansour/Khaldoon decided to replace Bob with MP.

Bob has gone and we should just be discussing MP without constant reference back to the whole in/out debate of last season.

To be fair I don't think anyone has been that impressed so far something is not right you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise this.

However he has not been blessed with a fully fit squad and with our most influential player.

I am willing to give him some time, to put things right

I wouldn't worry to much at this stage it was always going to take time for our team to get used to playing Pellegrini's way. The main thing is that we accumulate enough points so that winning the league is in our own hands. On paper we should have got 12 or 10 points so far after our fixtures but our start has not been disastrous. We beat United next week and that can really kick-start our season.

The Christmas period is where teams generally emerge as title challengers and we have struggled over that time for the three seasons under Mancini. The fact that the league is so open will help us. I cannot see any team storming the league this season that's why I reckon it will be the Christmas period what decides the title. If we can click before that period then I reckon we will go on to win the league. Newcastle at home has shown us a glimpse of what we are capable of and it is only a matter of time before we hit them performances again.

Cardiff away was an awful performance and result but since then we have played poorly and beat Hull and drew away at Stoke. When you take into account our injuries 4 points from them 2 games is a good result. We beat United and 10 points out of 15 with our players returning from injury and the team adapting to Pellers will put us in a very good position.

Ducado said:
To be fair I don't think anyone has been that impressed so far something is not right you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise this.

However he has not been blessed with a fully fit squad and with our most influential player.

I am willing to give him some time, to put things right
Hopefully most are, Ushited weren't exactly great to day. Keep calm and see how things pan out.

If we screw up the next two games ie we lose one or both with the same type of performances then for me he can do one as one poster put it. To progress in the CL we have to get something away and we cannot let a gap open up between us and the other teams or we will struggle top 4

If being nice to players means they turn out this level of shizzzle then please bring back an autocratic odious bastard manager in place of this fucker w0rked quite well for Ferguson, Mouriniho etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.