Do we stick with Pants for the Semi & Final?

It is not a matter of choice but a matter of policy and principle introduced in light of the fact that pantillimon is and have proven to be a very capable and talented goalkeeper that really should be starting games. But unfortunately he has the best keeper in the land in front of him.

So the unspoken arrangement and agreement is that Pantillimon plays in the Fa cup, regardless of whether it is the 4th round or the final.

Honestly I think Panti should have got a couple league games this year as well. Why does the English number one have to play every league game? Barca play Pinto, Madrid play Adan/Lopez.

cleavers said:
No, we play our best team, he's contributed to getting us this far, and if we win it he'll still get a medal for his contribution.

Yes, but it would imply that Mancini thinks Pantilimon is not good enough to play for the first team, and he has not done anything to deserve being benched at such a crucial time. Two or three of his saves yesterday were absolute class, I thought. He may understand the above logic, but I don't think he would accept it. He's already on the bench for most of the year anyway, and this could make him seek to move on for first-team opportunities.

If only we had gone through to the Europa, the situation would have been different...

sincity said:
cleavers said:
No, we play our best team, he's contributed to getting us this far, and if we win it he'll still get a medal for his contribution.

Yes, but it would imply that Mancini thinks Pantilimon is not good enough to play for the first team, and he has not done anything to deserve being benched at such a crucial time. Two or three of his saves yesterday were absolute class, I thought. He may understand the above logic, but I don't think he would accept it. He's already on the bench for most of the year anyway, and this could make him seek to move on for first-team opportunities.

If only we had gone through to the Europa, the situation would have been different...
Listen, I like the guy, and he's done well, and been very patient, but that's no reason for sentiment, we have 2 keepers, and one is better than the other, so for me, in a semi final or final, you should play your best team.

BLUEMATT23 said:
0 goals conceded in 4 FA cup games for Pantilimon, barely tested I know but looks solid enough.

Should Bobby stick with him for the semi/possible final OR recall Joe?

Could we win the cup without conceding a goal to!

Edit:
IF we go on to win the cup WITHOUT conceding a goal we will be the 1st team since BURY in the 1902-03 FA Cup to acheive this rare feat.
Manager should play the best team he thinks he has available to him

Can you imagine the meltdown if pantilimon drops a clanger last minute at wembley against united which costs us the fa cup? No room for sentiment in football unfortunately. Play your best team in the big games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.