Do you give a toss about England?

Here's another person clearly wumming

"I thought Wayne was brilliant. He has been every time he has played for England," said defender John Stones.

Manchester City defender Stones believes England's record goalscorer is a victim of his own high standards, after scoring 53 goals in 117 appearances for his country.

"He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 110% and you can see that in every performance," said Stones, 22. "I am a bit shocked that the booing happened.

"He is always up there and on form. The top players are always going to get the stick that gets piled on them because of the standards he sets.
.. and by the way i wouldn't pick Rooney.

My point is it should solely be down to the manager who gets picked and we shouldn't throw our toys out the pram after every England match in which 90% of the time we win.

unless we win the world cup people are always going to say the 'FA needs a total reform' ... without actually saying what needs to be reformed.

The FA is broken and not fit for purpose, based on archaic structure of a gentlemen's club with committees comprising hangers on along for the ride, without a proper knowledge of the game or how a modern professional organisation is run. It panders to celebrity and influence, the likes of Gill run rings around them using undue influence to suit his vested interests. "Not fit for purpose" not my words but those of the best FA Chairman in years, David Bernstein who was prevented from performing a roots and branch reform as it was pushing the committee members noses' out. The redevelopment of Wembley is a case in point, spending nearly £1B on a vanity project instead of investing in the grass roots of the game to develop future young players and coaches. Spain have nearly as many Pro coaches has England have coaches of any level. Germany Italy Holland all have many more qualified coaches. Then Greg Dyke gets a turn at being chairman, instigates a investigation claiming he's going to device a strategy to have England win the WC in 2022 appoints the likes of Ferdinand and Mills to his committee. what do they come-up with? A typical administrator's answer to a problem, more rules and regulations with a proposal to up the home grown players rule, something that actually works against its objective, brilliant! Oh and what happened to his strategy and how much was wasted on it? The England team, couldn't give a toss fell out with it many years ago, the pandering to "Becks" and anything remotely smelling of rag was the final straw hate the international breaks and the negative effect on City no id rather City won a throw-in than England won the WC.

Well I'm watching casualty on Beeb 1 that's how interested I am in England .

The FA is broken and not fit for purpose, based on archaic structure of a gentlemen's club with committees comprising hangers on along for the ride, without a proper knowledge of the game or how a modern professional organisation is run. It panders to celebrity and influence, the likes of Gill run rings around them using undue influence to suit his vested interests. "Not fit for purpose" not my words but those of the best FA Chairman in years, David Bernstein who was prevented from performing a roots and branch reform as it was pushing the committee members noses' out. The redevelopment of Wembley is a case in point, spending nearly £1B on a vanity project instead of investing in the grass roots of the game to develop future young players and coaches. Spain have nearly as many Pro coaches has England have coaches of any level. Germany Italy Holland all have many more qualified coaches. Then Greg Dyke gets a turn at being chairman, instigates a investigation claiming he's going to device a strategy to have England win the WC in 2022 appoints the likes of Ferdinand and Mills to his committee. what do they come-up with? A typical administrator's answer to a problem, more rules and regulations with a proposal to up the home grown players rule, something that actually works against its objective, brilliant! Oh and what happened to his strategy and how much was wasted on it? The England team, couldn't give a toss fell out with it many years ago, the pandering to "Becks" and anything remotely smelling of rag was the final straw hate the international breaks and the negative effect on City no id rather City won a throw-in than England won the WC.

If I knew how to post the standing ovation gif I'd do it twice after reading that. Well said mate and sums it up perfectly.

You are Greg Dick, sorry, Dyke, and I claim my £5.

It strikes me that you are either a) deliberately trolling, or b) completely or deliberately unable or unwilling to read and comprehend the post before putting in a contrary explanation.

The first paragraph of @inchy14 's comment explains what other people are feeling, yet your reply bears no relation to the point made, and is totally meaningless.

Your second paragraph tells us that you want a manager to manage his own way. The reason Allerdici was brought in at your club was get them and keep them in the Premier League. Job done, but it was at the expense of good football. He was able to do that because your owners are dildo salesmen, interested in the bottom line. By contrast, you seem to be unable to understand that an Ingerland manager DOES NOT manage his own way. He is told by the FArce who to include in his squad, based purely on commercial considerations and the club who the player plays for. I've no doubt that you think Noble should be in there, yet he chooses a reserve from old toilet. Have you ever wondered why that is? As team/squad selection plays a major role in a manager's duties, how is it that the same names keep popping up time after time? It's simple. They're picked for their willingness to tow the party line, or they don't get the job.

Finally, if they are not producing results, you would "voice your displeasure"! It seems to me that, where Ingerland is concerned, you are quite happy to see the side playing slow, turgid football against specially handpicked (by EUFA or FIFA in their competitions) teams who are merely there to make up the numbers, but they are "producing results". When they do inevitably qualify, they continue playing the same slow, turgid football and come home early. Did you voice your displeasure then, or were you satisfied they had played the game in the same way as in the qualifiers, but were beaten or drew with teams who were superior on the day? Your comments regarding Allerdici and Southgate may have had some merit if they hadn't stuck to the same game plan and selection procedure as all their predecessors, going back 30 or even 40 years. Nothing changes from decade to decade, even the coaching manuals haven't kept up with the times.

But you're happy. So that's fine.

Sigh.

''I've no doubt that you think Noble should be in there'' and you accuse me of not reading - 1) No. Personally I don't think Noble should be in the England 2) it's not up to me. For the last time. I don't give a shit who is picked. It's purely down to the manager. if the England manager wants to pick half the players from Accrington then fine. As long as he gets the result. All your main gripe is that too many United players are picked - you take it personally and it clouds your view entirely. I mentioned earlier, I hate Spurs more than you do the Rags. Am I bothered when Kane is scoring for England ?? No. I'm celebrating. When Rooney scores you lot are griping, moaning it came off his shin or should have been offside. You can blame your hatred of your own country on so many factors when we all know it's because too many of the players play for a team you don't like. Which is pathetic - in my view of corse.
I can accept were not world beaters, we not that entertaining and there's many things we can improve on from top to the bottom - but ultimately any new manager gets a clean slate in my book and I'll always support my country. I know the fashion is too go against the grain nowadays so apologies for being patriotic when it's come to England.

Sigh.

''- but ultimately any new manager gets a clean slate in my book .
I think the point we have mate is being missed and you show you havent grasped it by saying that last bit. The manager has bugger all to do with it, he clearly isnt picking the team. None of the managers seem to, cos they all pick the same Rag and Dipper crap. It has to be coming from above. So there shouldnt be a 'clean slate' for a new manager, because there is absolutely nothing new. That make sense?

I think the point we have mate is being missed and you show you havent grasped it by saying that last bit. The manager has bugger all to do with it, he clearly isnt picking the team. None of the managers seem to, cos they all pick the same Rag and Dipper crap. It has to be coming from above. So there shouldnt be a 'clean slate' for a new manager, because there is absolutely nothing new. That make sense?

So the F.A are picking the team right ?
So aside from Rooney (in your view and who's been dropped) which players are the FA picking ? What incentive is there for them to do this ? What proof do you have of this ?

And let's not forget before Allardyce got the role - he was the one person according to many on here who would not get the job because he isn't a 'yes' man.

Do you honestly reckon if you had the job and picked your chosen squad you wouldn't get the same dogs abuse thrown at you ?

Sigh.

''I've no doubt that you think Noble should be in there'' and you accuse me of not reading - 1) No. Personally I don't think Noble should be in the England 2) it's not up to me. For the last time. I don't give a shit who is picked. It's purely down to the manager. if the England manager wants to pick half the players from Accrington then fine. As long as he gets the result. All your main gripe is that too many United players are picked - you take it personally and it clouds your view entirely. I mentioned earlier, I hate Spurs more than you do the Rags. Am I bothered when Kane is scoring for England ?? No. I'm celebrating. When Rooney scores you lot are griping, moaning it came off his shin or should have been offside. You can blame your hatred of your own country on so many factors when we all know it's because too many of the players play for a team you don't like. Which is pathetic - in my view of corse.
I can accept were not world beaters, we not that entertaining and there's many things we can improve on from top to the bottom - but ultimately any new manager gets a clean slate in my book and I'll always support my country. I know the fashion is too go against the grain nowadays so apologies for being patriotic when it's come to England.
Yet again, you have jumped in and started commenting about things I have not said. Where have I mentioned rag players? Taking it personally and clouding my view? Try reading what I've said instead of pontificating about what you think I mean. Noble for Ingerland? You've said he should be playing on many occasions in the past. You hate spurs more than I hate the rags? How old are you? I was hating the rags playing City v united at school in the 1950s. You've got a long way to go on that score, sonny.And where have I said I hate my country?

Forget it. I've had enough of your taking things out of context to suit your own ends. You're nothing but a troll on this website, as welcome on this thread as a Jehovah's Witness on my doorstep. It doesn't matter what anyone says or how objective they are, you try and twist what is said (if you ever read it, that is) to your own way of thinking. I pity you.

I didn't even know they were playing until I saw it on another thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.