Do you like trains?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mat, 10 Feb 2019.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I would think the standard of living in Switzerland is probably better in every regard.

Do you have a problem with scrotes/chavs or the work shy? or do the vast majority of your population contribute towards society?

big gaz likes this.
  2. allblackcitizen

allblackcitizen

Used to share a house with a couple of Swiss bankers and they told me that Switzerland has a huge - hidden and not so hidden - heroin problem.

3. I saw a doco on this years ago. Just looked at some stats and the source I looked showed the UK as having a higher rate of opiate addiction than Switzerland but not much in it. Their unemployment rate is just under 3 as well.

4. CityStu

CityStu

If you have a choice, get the Chiltern service from Oxford via Bicester/High Wycombe rather than the GWR route via Reading into Paddington. Much nicer trains, more reliable and many stop at Wembley directly if there's a game/event on.

5. FCBarca

FCBarca

Work ethic is very strong in Switzerland, unemployment is quite low and looked down upon if you do not keep busy

It's true that in the end, our taxes really work for us - particularly with public transportation & infrastructure

FantasyIreland likes this.
  6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Cheers.

7. ColinBellsjockstrap

ColinBellsjockstrap

halfmist and mat like this.
  8. ColinBellsjockstrap

ColinBellsjockstrap

Diggle Railway station (Saddleworth), as it looked around 1920:-
    [​IMG]
    As it looks today:-
    [​IMG]
    The tracks in the second picture at the bottom right are about to run into the three mile long Standedge Tunnel, which emerges at Marsden in West Yorkshire.
    The two single tracks in the first picture on the left ran into the original single tunnels now closed.

halfmist and goatinho like this.
  9. karen7

karen7

When i used to live on trains supporting the team back in the day i used to hate the smell,threw up every time being pissed half the time didn't help i suppose

10. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Trains are great, it’s the cunts that get on em I hate.... Talking on their mobiles at 100db, coughing, sneezing and eating food near me, fuckin bastards they are ...!!!!