Do you still want Tevez at the club?

I am going to assume that Vincent Kompany is not one of the highest paid players at the club.Week on week,his reputation is growing and even fans of other clubs are saying he's currently the best CB in the league.What if his agent instructs him to tell City that unless he gets 200k a week,he's leaving.I know this is very hypothetical because Vinny seems to be a very honourable man. The point is,every bit of mud slung at us regarding being morally bankrupt,will be justified if we allow a player to put a gun to our head and we give in. We only just escaped with our dignity intact over the Robinho fiasco.

bobmcfc said:
zeven said:
So you dont think we can win without him? that we are a one man team?
so let us put the moral aside, and play a player who dont give a FUCK about us instead of a players who really cares.

i didn't say we were a one man team did i ? i hope we can resolve this situation thats all and i want carlos to know his place.
No you didnt, but thats the message we give to the rest of the team, not to mention the entire world of football.

Tevez clearly states he does NOT WANT to play for us anymore! so if we continue to play him pretty much tell everyone we dont think we can win without him, ONE MAN TEAM.

There is no denying he is a great player, possibly irreplacable and if he goes we will miss him BUT for the benefit of the club in the longer term the club need to show they wont suffer fools and get rid of him.

If the club cave in to his demands they open themselves up to every player and future player coming along and stamping up and down like a baby until they get what they want. From a personal standpoint I'd find it impossible now to watch Tevez and feel happy about it knowing that the guy does not give the slightest shit whether we come first or last.

There are too many problems that come out of this, I dont think a climbdown from either side is possible.

I have now made up my mind.

The club should do whatever enhances its reputation. In my view the reputation of MCFC will be enhanced in the eyes of the footballing world, if it stands up to Tevez and his slippery advisor, and refuses to cave in to their demands. This will put us on the moral high ground, compared to united with Rooney.

If this means short term pain in losing our best(?) player, then so be it. We will have done the right thing.

The situation has probably reached a peak. But its not irreversible. He hasn’t gone beyond the pale just yet in my book. A truthful apology would be welcome firstly, then If Mancini plays him in the next few matches, and we can all see Carlos’s attitude to be positive and displaying his always willing Team spirit, and maybe chipping in with a few goals, which is always the best cure for doubt I feel; to me this sad episode can be closed whilst City’s back room boys iron out the complications, we need to keep the League momentum going, this could definitely derail our push on the leaders if not sorted swiftly.

scousemanc said:
I have now made up my mind.

The club should do whatever enhances its reputation. In my view the reputation of MCFC will be enhanced in the eyes of the footballing world, if it stands up to Tevez and his slippery advisor, and refuses to cave in to their demands. This will put us on the moral high ground, compared to united with Rooney.

If this means short term pain in losing our best(?) player, then so be it. We will have done the right thing.
Made me glad to read you post! nice to see one rational mind in here at least. who actually think behind the next 3 points.

leroy said:
why not?

lets not kid ourselves, the only reason the players we have got are playing for us is because of the huge money we have got.

possibly SWP, richards play for the love of the club, the rest are here for the money, nothing more, nothing less

I'm not naive enough to think anything else but the rest of the players haven't publicly taken a dump on our club at such an important part of the season.

What kind of man accepts the captaincy (he could have refused), tells everyone in a video that he's happy and here for the long term then a few weeks later throws it back in our faces? He's either a complete cock or a mentalist, probably a bit of both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.