Does the constant slander about City bother you?

When it comes from opposition fans - no.
When it comes from genuine news outlets - yes.
Of course there's a part of "oh, they're pandering to the masses of rival and opposition fans" but it just gets so so tedious. If it's SSN showing the camera angles where you can see the least amount of fans at Grealish's unveiling or our title celebrations or when they do anything they can to bump up the supposed transfer fee that we pay for a player, it just gets so exhausting.

Only when it comes from our own fans, which reading this forum recently seems to be the in-thing to do.

This. The tag is there - Dirty Oil MOney. They will keep moaning and bitching about it.

Difference between us and PSG is - that they are brazen about it (despite previous FFP breaches) - having their chairman on the board in UEFA helps

For us - we try to be in the good books due to what has happened in the past.

This year has been a good start with Jack and hopefully with Kane.

We will break the British record , so be it - it's what needed. Hopefully we will have a good selling window as well

It's mildly annoying, but does it BOTHER me?

Not at all. Virtually all of the constant moaning and bile about City is the same old fan tribalism thinly disguised as some kind of moral crusade.

Yeah, the UAE has a pretty bad human rights record in addition to building its wealth through polluting fuels. However, most of the screaming over this comes from supporters of other clubs whose owners aren't exactly paragons of morality, either. Kroenke came about as close as you can to literally throwing poor people out of their houses without actually showing up on their doorsteps. I can think of at least one owner here in the US that made their fortune through subprime loans. Chelsea are also a "petro club" due to Abramovich. Shinawatra was a thing here at City but nobody cared simply because we were still shit.

Bottom line is lots of owners across major sport, both in the UK and beyond, have gotten rich through less-than-admirable dealings. City being singled out by supporters of these same clubs reeks of hypocrisy, and in any event, what are we as supporters supposed to do? Switch teams? City were here long before the UAE takeover and City will be around long after they're gone. Any club is a hell of a lot bigger than whoever is paying the bills at the moment, just ask anyone who supports Hull or Blackburn.

The other big thing which City are criticised for are being "FFP cheats." Funny how although most fans are in universal agreement that UEFA is a corrupt, poorly run organization, but then City are implicated in an FFP case and miraculously, everyone is suddenly all about following the rules. The only joke bigger than the way rival supporters reacted to the FFP nonsense is the FFP scheme itself.

The FFP rules are completely harebrained in that they prevent investment the same way it works in basically every other business - put down some money and possibly be in the red for a bit until you start seeing returns. This is exactly what happened with City but the FFP rules somehow ignore this reality of the business world and attempt to drive a screw with a wrecking ball. I really can't be arsed either way as to whether City are flouting FFP, it's anti-competitive and has nothing to do with increasing parity on the pitch.

The clubs aren't responsible for "ruining football." City aren't, Chelsea aren't, even PSG aren't. If people really want something done about ultra-rich clubs buying any player they want, UEFA and the FA should step in and do something to try and restore competitive balance - of course, anything like an American-style salary cap would have people up in arms, but funnily enough, fans of other big clubs like United will yell about how it isn't fair to them to limit their spending because "they earned that money."

Earned how? The answer is TV revenue, which matters because old guard clubs like United and Liverpool have tons of gloryhunting fans that probably couldn't even find Manchester or Liverpool on a map. They rake it in from all the eyeballs they get from fans like these. I'd hardly say that's a respectable way to make money, and I've already gotten into the fact that tons of clubs have owners whose wealth is derived from questionable sources.

Nobody actually cares about all these alleged "bad things" City have done. It is tribalism, pure and simple. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Dear City fans, you leaving social media seeing the constant slander makes the job of agenda merchants easier. That's what they want.

Take a look at the comments on the BBC article on Lukaku.

White owner spends £97.5m and most of the comments are good luck to him, a few not worth the money, money well spent, proven in the prem, great to see him back etc etc.

Compare that with Grealish. Dirty Arab oil money, FFP, FIFA with cheat codes, ruining football etc. etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing to to with the clubs involved, purely the colour of skin of the owner. Institutional racism at its finest. This unfortunately will continue for the duration of our current ownership.

I'm honest, didn't/don't want Grealish or Kane for anything over £60m. Now changed my mind, fucking outspend everyone because the slander will never leave us.

Doesn't bother too much if it's somewhere like Twitter. Half of them's chasing likes and continually regurgitates the most fashionable remarks. Then there's another half that mostly shows how little they know about football - those that you obviously can tell only watches the "big games".

Plus I've seen nearly every club receive their fair share of "banter" when it comes to Twitter.
Half of them chase likes, the other half shout at traffic.

if the club couldn't care a fuck about it, why should i
Both City and you would be right not to care. They only do it to get a reaction, the more reaction they get from us the more it stirs up clicks and likes from other fans. if nobody ever reacted they’d have no reason to do it.

I see so it's a level-playing field is it? How do you think it became uneven? By creating a climate where you can change rules and regs, and prosecute City twice for the same offence.

A few facts:

Liverpool were a shit second division team in the late 1950s until the Moores family with its money from Littlewoods Pools (gambling) rocked up and they went from spending 2-3 thousand on players to spending 20-30 thousand on players overnight. They subsequently bought all the success that followed.

Liverpool were front and centre at the beginning of the 1980s for putting an end to clubs sharing its home match-day revenue with the opposition thereby distorting the competition in favour of clubs with higher gate receipts.

In the 1990s Liverpool were front and centre in the creation of the Premier League and the G12 in Europe, both making sure that money went increasingly to the successful clubs at the expense of competition in both domestic and European football.

English clubs were banned from Europe for 5 years and have all-seater stadiums because of Liverpool.

Liverpool have failed FFP twice, once they weren't in Europe the second time to the tune of £50 million which was written off against investment in its new stadium which of course didn't materialize.

They gave us £l million having been found to have hacked our youth-team computer system.

They brick your team-coaches on those special European nights at Klansfield.

City, on the other hand, have been found to have failed FFP due to UEFA changing the rules on players wages AFTER we handed in our books to them.

And we're the bad guys.
They’re also sponsored by a company that laundered money for terrorist groups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.