Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

It's always the same 4-5 people. Amazed at where you guys find the time.

allyboy said:
Marvin said:
allyboy said:
Now that made me laugh. Great game....
Did you go tonight? Have you ever played football? He held the ball up and caused a lot of problems for the Liverpool defence.

e stayed on and Aguero went off party because he was causing Liverpool a lot of problems and was a constant outlet. We didn't have a usual amount of possession tonuight so having someone up front who could fight for the ball and hold it up was vital.

In answer to your questions..Watched every second at 6am in the morning here in Oz. Yes, I have played a lot of football and still do.
Now seriously, he didn't have a "great" game did he?
I thought he contributed a lot. You had to be there because he really put a shift in, and a lot of players were dead on their feet. that is the first time that a team have come to |City and dominated possession so we needed someone up front to fight for the ball. His touch wasn't the best, and perhaps that's what you saw. I saw him running off the ball and giving everything for the team

Nobody thinks he is a shit player.

But the last two games he has played poorly, and you can't deny that.

With regards to his work rate today, it was brilliant. However, with the ball he didn't do much/look a threat.

He's a great player, too talented for this 'run' to keep going. As i said before, he just needs lucky break.

most around me were calling him shit but we know what he is capable of and given a run I think his form will return again

trouble is he'll understandably be dropped in favour of Mario before he gets that run

his first touch does let him down though

Marvin said:
allyboy said:
Marvin said:
Did you go tonight? Have you ever played football? He held the ball up and caused a lot of problems for the Liverpool defence.

e stayed on and Aguero went off party because he was causing Liverpool a lot of problems and was a constant outlet. We didn't have a usual amount of possession tonuight so having someone up front who could fight for the ball and hold it up was vital.

In answer to your questions..Watched every second at 6am in the morning here in Oz. Yes, I have played a lot of football and still do.
Now seriously, he didn't have a "great" game did he?
I thought he contributed a lot. You had to be there because he really put a shift in, and a lot of players were dead on their feet. that is the first time that a team have come to |City and dominated possession so we needed someone up front to fight for the ball. His touch wasn't the best, and perhaps that's what you saw. I saw him running off the ball and giving everything for the team

Exactly what I saw.Great effort for the team and his goals will come again soon.Aguero got the lucky break today and Edin's shot deflected inches wide.I agree his touch wasnt the best but that ball to Yaya in full flight was real quality.

His confidence is clearly low and he needs a run of games and for that reason I would start him in the next three (utd, Liverpool, Wigan).

As ever with these threads you get people assuming polar opposite positions, but as usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think he has the ingredients to be a good Premier League forward, but not a great one. He is not strong enough and his touch is not sure enough for him to make that level imo.

He can become a well thought of and productive striker for us for a number of years. We don't need, or moreover couldn't sustain 25 Glaacticos. Furthermore I really want him to succeed.

Stick, but some improvement needed before the summer, based in the last three or so months.

He doesnt look right to me, previously even when things werent going his way he would look chirpy. looks a bit off colour to me.

Could be wrong but i thought he looked ill against sunderland and again tonight. could explain some of the performance perhaps.

hell.be back.

Needs to watch Adebayor, Drogba and even Ibrahimovic on how to hold the ball up. For a big guy, he looses the ball to easily imo.

IMO, Dzeko is the type of player City need to keep! He obviously loves and cares about the club and wants to see the TEAM succeed. He's not the selfish kind but still has that grit and determination. You can't stay that about many players, especially strikers.

I'm not going to praise him to the heavens. His performances of late have stunk but he'll start bagging them for fun soon enough.

I am not here to try and defend Dzeko thought he started off ok tonight but faded as the game went on, having just watched the match again when i got home he did take some stick of there defence though.

The reason I am posting is because I am just sick to death off these threads where players are publicly flogged.

When you consider his stats along with the other 2 we have a great set of centre forwards who with our support will hopefully win us the league.

We have Aguero who everyone accepts is world class and Balotelli the young genius who can create something from nothing. We also have Dzeko the guy who hasn't scored for 10 games or 459 minutes' can't hold the ball, dribble, run etc. etc. etc.

It may surprise some folk or it may not

Balotelli 10 goals 1 assists which equates to a goal every 83 min

Aguero 16 goals 4 assists which equates to a goal every 100 min

Edin 13 goals 6 assists which equates to a goal every 104 min

Balotelli is the man who is most clinical

But if we add the key contributions to there game such as assists the picture changes.

Balo key contribution every 75 Min, Aguero key contribution every 85 min and shitty poor Edin key contribution every 71 min.

This guy may or not be a diamond but when you consider his stats whilst he wears a blue fuckin shirt cut him some slack, he hasn't scored for 10 games yet he is still there with Aguero and his key contributions to our team are not bettered.

In is poor times he needs our support.

Just remember Dzeko did not ask to come to City we asked him, he as not disrespected us like Tevez or Ade so does not deserve to be chastised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.