Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

While they certainly don't destroy his numbers, Dzeko got a massive August-September boost with goal production. We have to look at the last 2 months to really analyze the form he is in. That 4 trick against Tottenham is 4 months ago. His touch looked incredibly poor today and his awareness of when the ball is being played into him was lacking. He still is one of the best passing forwards in the Prem. His through ball to Yaya was wonderful. I think the coaching staff needs to focus on working him in tight spaces. As he is bar none the best finisher with the ball going forward.

I do have one question. I support Dzeko's quest to find form BUT, why the fuck does the ball bounce off of him?

Confidence shouldn't take away your natural technique as a professional footballer. Even Wooney in low form can control a ball effectively. Hell! So can Torres. It just bothers me knowing that inside the penalty box he had 2-3 chances yesterday that if he had trapped the ball or had a better first touch, he could have scored a hattrick like!

I know at his first club, they thought his technique was absolute shit, but to get this far as a footballer, it surely must have improved.

Fans get on his back too easy.

Tonight about 10 minutes in he lost touch and control of the ball, everyone went mad.

Few minutes later Aguero did the same thing, not a word said.

Clearly lacking confidence, needs a goal.

The support for him is great, glad Mancini kept him on and didn't take him off.

If it was 3-0 i think he would of had that penalty instead of Milner.

Jumanji said:
I do have one question. I support Dzeko's quest to find form BUT, why the fuck does the ball bounce off of him?

Confidence shouldn't take away your natural technique as a professional footballer. Even Wooney in low form can control a ball effectively. Hell! So can Torres. It just bothers me knowing that inside the penalty box he had 2-3 chances yesterday that if he had trapped the ball or had a better first touch, he could have scored a hattrick like!

I know at his first club, they thought his technique was absolute shit, but to get this far as a footballer, it surely must have improved.

As you are clearly generalising, then generally the ball doesn't bounce off him.. it just did tonight. I've lost count of the times I've seen him control a long pass and lay it off perfectly.
If you think confidence has nothing to do with your first touch in football, then you've never played.
I saw the ball constantly pinging off an out of form Rooney in all directions at the last world cup, as well as for the Rags.. and they were just short passes.
Edin simply needs a run of games, and it was great to hear the fans singing his name tonight which will also give him a boost. Thankfully he won't hear the odd clueless dick shouting bollocks at him.

blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:

As you are clearly generalising, then generally the ball doesn't bounce off him.. it just did tonight. I've lost count of the times I've seen him control a long pass and lay it off perfectly.
If you think confidence has nothing to do with your first touch in football, then you've never played.
I saw the ball constantly pinging off an out of form Rooney in all directions at the last world cup, as well as for the Rags.. and they were just short passes.
Edin simply needs a run of games, and it was great to hear the fans singing his name tonight which will also give him a boost. Thankfully he won't hear the odd clueless dick shouting bollocks at him.
Of course I'm generalising. Law of averages says of course it's not going to ping off of him everytime. That would just be ridiculous. But I (and everyone else) has seen that his first touch is poor many many times. I made the Edin Dzeko vs. Spurs video that was on youtube before they took it down and I just took some time to watch that match, even then his first touch was poor many times, he just happened to score.

I've played. I don't agree.

I've also lost count how many times he hasn't controlled a long pass effectively (contrary to you), short passes effectively (contrary to you), and over-hit easy layoffs (contrary to you). Except I'm in the wrong if I point out his mistakes, despite me having plaudited him many times in the past when he's done something great.

I've watched the same World Cup and I wouldn't say I agree. It never pinged off him like that. Maybe your memory is different to mine...

Dzeko wasn't great today as a striker, however, as a defender he was immense: He pressed like a trojan and ran down the Liverpool defenders all night such they had zero time on the ball. To be fair, when we were attacking he had a Liverpool boot /rabbit punch /elbow in this back or ribs all night and got nothing from the Liverpool player with the whistle in the black kit.

Only one ball was passed down the channel for him to show his real attacking strength and he set up YaYa for the run on goal from which the penalty was given.

Jumanji said:
blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:

Of course I'm generalising. Law of averages says of course it's not going to ping off of him everytime. That would just be ridiculous. But I (and everyone else) has seen that his first touch is poor many many times. I made the Edin Dzeko vs. Spurs video that was on youtube before they took it down and I just took some time to watch that match, even then his first touch was poor many times, he just happened to score.

I've also lost count how many times he hasn't controlled a long pass effectively (contrary to you), short passes effectively (contrary to you), and over-hit easy layoffs (contrary to you). Except I'm in the wrong if I point out his mistakes, despite me having plaudited him many times in the past when he's done something great.

I've watched the same World Cup and I wouldn't say I agree. It never pinged off him like that. Maybe your memory is different to mine...

I haven't got a clue what you've said about him previously, my memory isn't good enough to store who has said what or posted youtube clips on here.. but its good enough to remember Rooney being unable to trap a bag of cement at times.
When in form, Dzeko is one of the best traditional centre forwards around, as well as being capable of clinical passing and finishing. When he's not in form like at the moment, its down to match fitness.. no amount of training can solve that.
And I do feel the Dzeko/Aguero partnership is very similar to the Dzeko/Tevez one.
I don't recall one single ball into the box for him to score tonight.

You say you've played, fine I can't dispute that.. but I'd go as far as to say its a fact that when your confidence is down your first touch suffers. Who are these "everyone else" as well as you that thinks his first touch is poor most of the time..?

blumoonrisen said:
I don't recall one single ball into the box for him tonight.
That's funny because a lot of people were complaining either in this thread or the match day thread that he was poor in the air against Pool. I can't remember if I'm honest :/.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.