Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

its unfortunate the majority of city fans have built up a bad reputation for dzeko, pretty hard to change it until he gets back in to form. Which understandably being a confidence players is going to get harder with you constantly analyses every single touch he has on the ball.

I bet most of you complaining about Dzeko also complain when we get beat about we don't have a plan B. When in reality tall strikers with that amount of technical ability dont come around often and should be utilised.

To be honest, I think the people slating Dzeko now, obviously not all, will have no idea about tactics in football and in my opinion should look at the things Dzeko has already achieved in football, I never knew someone who could be so hard-working, so committed to this football club could attract so much bad attention through a game which clearly frustrated us.

Dzeko is a 30 million pound striker, who is playing second fiddle to an out of control, although extremely talented mario balotelli, of course he is going to lose confidence. I know I would if I had been one of the top strikers in Europe and been replaced with the managers pet. Especially if the managers pet had done everything wrong under the sun. Nothing against Mario, I love him honestly, but the way its through Dzeko's season out, I can say the decision to sub him after the spurs game has been one of Mancinis fuck ups of the season.

mmc said:
its unfortunate the majority of city fans have built up a bad reputation for dzeko, pretty hard to change it until he gets back in to form. Which understandably being a confidence players is going to get harder with you constantly analyses every single touch he has on the ball.

I bet most of you complaining about Dzeko also complain when we get beat about we don't have a plan B. When in reality tall strikers with that amount of technical ability dont come around often and should be utilised.

To be honest, I think the people slating Dzeko now, obviously not all, will have no idea about tactics in football and in my opinion should look at the things Dzeko has already achieved in football, I never knew someone who could be so hard-working, so committed to this football club could attract so much bad attention through a game which clearly frustrated us.

Dzeko is a 30 million pound striker, who is playing second fiddle to an out of control, although extremely talented mario balotelli, of course he is going to lose confidence. I know I would if I had been one of the top strikers in Europe and been replaced with the managers pet. Especially if the managers pet had done everything wrong under the sun. Nothing against Mario, I love him honestly, but the way its through Dzeko's season out, I can say the decision to sub him after the spurs game has been one of Mancinis fuck ups of the season.
I don't understand people saying Mancini is favoring Mario over Edin, as in my opinion Balotelli is the better player hence he should start ahead of Dzeko. *NOTE* I'M NOT SAYING DZEKO IS TERRIBLE/WANK/GASH/USELESS, just not as good as MArio has proven to be this season.

As for dropping Dzeko after the Spurs game, the team won 3-0 the next game, so i don't see why it should affect his confidence, it showed a good use of rotation and squad use in my opinion; something our players must have known was going to happen this season.

And for the record, i love Edin and don't agree with people calling him 'wank' as he's clearly a talented player, but his FORM is poor, which is why some people are FAIRLY criticizing him.

Most of the anti-Dzeko elements here don't have a clue about the role of lone striker let alone play in one.

The role is the most difficult and bruising position. The success rate for performing ' well' is very low especially when you are covered by more than one defenders and with your back towards goal and your opponents (SKRTEL?) hacking or digging into your back. Lest you forget!

Let me share a thot. Dzeko performed 100 times better than his counterpart last night. And he cost less.
Aren't we lucky just imagine.

The criticism I understand, I can not understand how people are saying he isn't good enough for city, he should be sold when in reality he shouldn't. I personally don't believe Mario is better than Dzeko, I feel the contribution Dzeko gives is better than what Mario does, in fairness I was at the game last night and understandably he was frustrating me, its easy to see the lack of confidence which for the derby on sunday I would start Mario on current form because in reality he is performing better for such an important game. However I think Mancini needs to sort it out with Dzeko and help him reach the heights he shown at the start because an in form Dzeko would tear apart defences. Finally, after a four goal haul, when Dzeko has peaked in confidence. It was stupid to rotate him and keep aguero on, I do feel there is a favouritism purely because Dzeko is not a typical luxury player.

I would rather have a Dzeko than a Tevez anyday. You can see that he works so hard and really tries for the team not for just for himself. Also that pass against liverpool was amazing. Just give him time and stop slagging him off. That might help get him back in form.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
The player who Dzeko reminds me of most is Ibrahimovic. On his day absolutely lethal but at other times seems disinterested and with a poor touch.

My take on it is this. We play or try to play like Barca. They play 3 small guys up front.

Villa Messi Sanchez/Pedro

Ibra did not fit in to their style and was offloaded.

If we were to replicate Barca we would play

Aguero Silva Johnson as these are the players most resembling the Barca trio.

Would be interesting to watch. So far RM has not played Silva in the deep lying centre forward position.

Mancini sees it as a front 4 when we play, with the four of them interchanging. But I agree with your main point, for them to interchange effectively they all need to be quick, agile, and with an excellent touch because your playing sometimes 2 v 4 in tight quarters.

I suppose if we were to take the analogy further then the midfield would look like this.

Barry Busquets
Nasri Iniesta
Yaya Xavi

Toyed with the idea of Yaya in Busquets position because of their height. But in reality Yaya is much more like Xavi, both in number of passes made and also he gets on the scoresheet.

Silvas_Left_Foot said:
I would rather have a Dzeko than a Tevez anyday. You can see that he works so hard and really tries for the team not for just for himself. Also that pass against liverpool was amazing. Just give him time and stop slagging him off. That might help get him back in form.

Now hang on a minute,you would have Dzeko over Tevez ?????

Forget the behind the scenes situation with Tevez,shake your head,put the sherry down,and read about 5 times what you just typed,then say if you still agree with what you put

Has this been mentioned from that Ferdinand's Twitter:

Rio
Funny how Man City supporters are shouting 'what a waste of money' to Carroll when Dzecko cost about the same.

Hey Rio...

The City is Yours...
The City is Yours!?
70,000 empty seats
When Dzeko scored!

mancity5 said:
forevermancity said:
mancity5 said:
Piss funny... Yes your right, I'm 41 now and my memory is going a bit, I forgot about all the years I spent flowing utd, and even if that was the case would I still not be allowed my own opinion on Dzeko.. Have you rated highly every city player that has ever played oh bluer than me?

was robbie fowler (in a city shirt) better than dzeko?

your opinion about one of the best strikers in europe is piss funny, wank?!?

a fan of utd, real or barca can afford to be so fucking arrogant. a man fucking city fan. a fan who has supposedly seen us at our worse.calling a good player. wank.

fucking idiot.

A fucking idiot & a Utd fan,, is this all because I don't agree with you, Because you are hurting my feelings now.. x

At least Fowler could trap a fucking ball, so could Corradi for that matter(Iv seen him on youtube) !!

LOLOLOLOLOL what a fucking carry on this has been,getting called a fucking idiot off a fellow blue,fuck me how times have changed mate....shamefull

Even though he is out of form, Dzeko has scored more than Carroll, Torres, and Suarez combined - why is Suarez' poor goalscoring record and poor conversion rate never brought up by the media by the way? Apparently the worst in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.