Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

razinho said:
He's got an absolutely appalling touch, even when you're bereft of confidence you should still be able to control a ball.

I agree he can be good when he's on form but he's really not consistent enough, apart from the Spurs game he's not stood out enough in my opinion.

Like the guy but he frustrates me more than most in the team.

Careful mate, your bordering on being called a rag...

Shall we move on from this?

Confidence is key to some, and everything goes, i only played semi pro but i know when ur confidence is up u can do anything, when its down a simple control bounces off ya.

spurs away proves what he has got, and will get back. He will probably always mis control and twat one over from a yard and stuff, but fuck it, hes blue and he gives a shit!

we all groan when barry passes to their centre forward or yaya mopes back or aguero sticks his header over from a yard. CTID

squirtyflower said:
Considering he's been injured, played forty eight hours before and was kicked all over the place i thought he had a good game and he worked his bollocks off
he made the space and took the attention of the thugs to allow others to play in around them
Spot on in everything you say. He's just low on confidence but it looked like it was starting to show in the latter stages of the game. PMSL at "the thugs", Wouldn't want to meet any of them in a dark alley.

blueprint said:
Most of the anti-Dzeko elements here don't have a clue about the role of lone striker let alone play in one.

The role is the most difficult and bruising position. The success rate for performing ' well' is very low especially when you are covered by more than one defenders and with your back towards goal and your opponents (SKRTEL?) hacking or digging into your back. Lest you forget!

Let me share a thot. Dzeko performed 100 times better than his counterpart last night. And he cost less.
Aren't we lucky just imagine.
thanks for educating me on the role of a lone striker... now can you tell me if a good lone striker can stop the ball, have a reasonable first touch or second touch? thanks for your help. ;)<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm --<br /><br />
foreverablue18 said:
I think Dzeko's definitely hit a bad patch of form but it doesn't stop him being a great striker! I don't think there's a better striker in the PL who can hold
the ball up as well as he does however I still think his first touch needs a bit of work as its sometimes can be a bit wayward. But all good strikers have parts
of their game they need to improve and hit bad patches of form!
Would be nice if he could hit come back into form quickly but all he needs is time on the pitch to get him there!
i think most will agree with you. he can be a great striker and can be the player we need, but if he doesn't perform soon and when we need him to what do we do? i like the guy, i think he can be a great player for us, but he's the only one that can get over his confidence problem... i'm affraid we or no top team has much time to nurture senior players. i'd rather give a young kid a shot and develop him? ;)

Dzeko's ponderous play?

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but this is the shittiest article i've read in a long time. Dzeko scored more goals than the entire Liverpool starting 11 combined! I love how City fans are sticking up for Dzeko in the comments section. Even Liverpool fans admit it's a pretty harsh article.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/04/manchester-city-liverpool-striking-flaws" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... king-flaws</a>

Having travelled over for the game and just got back home about 20 minutes ago, I got the chance to watch hom closely (moreso than you can on the telly). Anyway, it's obvious the bloke is trying hard, but it's just not working for him at the moment. And re. the penalty, I think the team were right to let Jimmy take it, even though Edin wanted it. We were ''only'' 2 up at the time, and down to 10 men (joke decision BTW) and I'm not sure how confident the big fella would be at the moment. And had he missed it, it might not only have dented his confidence even more, it might also have given the Mickeys a lift for that last 25-30 minutes.

Dzeko

mancity5 said:
razinho said:
He's got an absolutely appalling touch, even when you're bereft of confidence you should still be able to control a ball.

I agree he can be good when he's on form but he's really not consistent enough, apart from the Spurs game he's not stood out enough in my opinion.

Like the guy but he frustrates me more than most in the team.

Careful mate, your bordering on being called a rag...
No, because he isn't Braindead like you fellow 'blue'

His touch has been appalling. How anyone disagrees is beyond me. But this thread is comprised of two ends of the spectrum. Non-bias look says he has a major weakness he'll have to work on.

Dzeko

alky313 said:
His touch has been appalling. How anyone disagrees is beyond me. But this thread is comprised of two ends of the spectrum. Non-bias look says he has a major weakness he'll have to work on.
Non bias look also says that he has a great goal and assist record, and offers something different to what aguero and balo offer.

Non bias look also says the abuse he gets on here is disguting, it's starting to creep into the ground (only about 1% though).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.