Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini did not get the best out of Dzeko last year - he's a different player now - long may it last

The man's an Enigma.

Most of the time, I find his general play quite poor. Heavy touches, lazy passing, loses the ball. Then pops up with a worldy of a finish.

Tonight - Excellent link up play and use of the ball, played the No 9 role very well. Hideous finishing, and still scored.

I don't get him.

Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is ready to take a pay-cut in order to join Borussia Dortmund, according to reports in Germany.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/01/29/borussia-dortmund-close-in-on-man-city-forward-edin-dzeko-as-robert-lewandowski-replacement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/01/29 ... placement/</a>

I call BS on this...he seems to be enjoying his role at the moment, and the team can't afford to lose him at this stage of the season. Where are these "reports" coming from?

greasedupdeafguy said:
Christ his finishing was bad tonight, should of had 5 or 6.

That's the thing, whenever he's played really well he's been shit (or not threatened) in front of goal. Some of his best performances this year have come when he hasn't scored, Bayern away and Newcastle home spring to mind. Then he'll be absolutely useless on the ball but clinical as fuck, he's a bit of an enigma.

His finishing was abysmal tonight.

However I won't be too hard on him. He scored a beauty, got himself into good positions and worked hard. He is now looking like an integral member of the squad.

His touch was probably the best I've ever seen it tonight. Played very well, except for his finishing deserting him. It seems he only has shooting boots and first touch boots. Nothing else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.