Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCitizens. said:
Damocles said:
He's a striker who fucks up a lot, of course you'll hear moaning from a select few. Did all of those Dzeko chants that are sung every game somehow escape your attention?

You can't say "well some guys near me shout at him". You're in a stadium of 47,000 people, 3 guys next to you mean nothing.

I haven't heard his chant sang since Blackburn away. In my seat you can hear pretty much every word from the singing section and the lower south stand. So where exactly are these Dzeko chants coming from because the rest of the ground remains silent for 99% of the match?

Not a whole section of fans but it was being sung by some yesterday to counter the ones keelhauling his footballing offer.

Thanks for your important goals Edin lad, in particular THAT equaliser against QPR.

Good luck to him in the future, however he's not good enough to have that future at City. And what he lacks in talent, he doesn't do nearly enough to make up for in work rate.

On yesterday in particular, the miss itself was awful and frustrating as hell. But what was worse was the lack of clear cut chances we were able to create because Edin doesn't have the required intelligence to make the right runs at the right time and help build on semi positive situations.

To put things into perspective, Negredo had equally as poor of a performance as Dzeko did yesterday and has done for 3/4 weeks now. However, I've saw more talent and enthusiasm in Negredo's first 6 months of the season than I have in 2 and a half years from Dzeko. I'm willing to give Negredo the benefit of the doubt and put it down to a bad run due to tiredness or possiblycarrying a knock. I am 100% he will recover from it and be the player he was right through to January, because he's shown he can do it. Dzeko has not.

I don't speak for every blue, not by a long shot, but I'm pretty sure most would go along with that.

You know Edin has been pretty decent since the Bayern game, this thread was pretty dormant during the period for the most part. Edin filled in for the injured players well. But all it took was one bad game, in which he misses a sitter, and all is forgotten (a game we won btw).

This is a player who's scored 50+ goals for City, btw. It's surreal reading some of these comments.

ayrshire_blue said:
On yesterday in particular, the miss itself was awful and frustrating as hell. But what was worse was the lack of clear cut chances we were able to create because Edin doesn't have the required intelligence to make the right runs at the right time and help build on semi positive situations.
This couldn't be further from the truth. I implore you to watch the game or highlights again. 1st half Negredo's strike, and Yaya's strike in particular. Watch Edin's position. Also for Jovetic strike right before he was subbed out, see Edin's position. Also how about that "handball" call?

If there is one thing Edin does well that's the off the ball movement. Off the ball movement is 90% of his goals.

samharris said:
simon23 said:
He is a decent striker BUT not good enough for a team fighting to be where we want to be....cimpare him to other 2nd or 3rd choice strikers and he falls short.....

Suarez (1st choice) sturridge (2nd) . .....sturridge is superior

Utd rvp (1st choice) rooney, hernandez - both better.

Chelsea are lacking at present in this department as arsenal but i expect at least chelski to atrengthen in this area nxt season.

Id sell him end of season keep kun, negrado (who has all the attributes dzeko has but is superior)....the wuestion is jovetic...is it just bad luck with him or is he injury prone....??? Keep him fit and we have a decent 3rd choice......

Id still rather see another striker in the same mould as kun even if its a young and upcoming kid

Hernandez better than Dzeko..you wally.

Lol,...as soon as I put that a couple of utd players would be better options I knew there would be a reacton from some...Take off the red hating secs and look at what he offers as an individual...not just him however.....there are numerous other stirikers in the prem id have over dzeko taht would offer more either as a starter or coming off the bench..........its about options for me and dzeko offers nothgin that negrado hasnt already got whereas we have no one to offerwhat kun does if and when he is injured.......... we need mobile pacy striker who is direct and can run at people with the bal as well as being good in the box....dzeko doesnt offer thiis

simon23 said:
samharris said:
simon23 said:
He is a decent striker BUT not good enough for a team fighting to be where we want to be....cimpare him to other 2nd or 3rd choice strikers and he falls short.....

Suarez (1st choice) sturridge (2nd) . .....sturridge is superior

Utd rvp (1st choice) rooney, hernandez - both better.

Chelsea are lacking at present in this department as arsenal but i expect at least chelski to atrengthen in this area nxt season.

Id sell him end of season keep kun, negrado (who has all the attributes dzeko has but is superior)....the wuestion is jovetic...is it just bad luck with him or is he injury prone....??? Keep him fit and we have a decent 3rd choice......

Id still rather see another striker in the same mould as kun even if its a young and upcoming kid

Lol,...as soon as I put that a couple of utd players would be better options I knew there would be a reacton from some...Take off the red hating secs and look at what he offers as an individual...not just him however.....there are numerous other stirikers in the prem id have over dzeko taht would offer more either as a starter or coming off the bench..........its about options for me and dzeko offers nothgin that negrado hasnt already got whereas we have no one to offerwhat kun does if and when he is injured.......... we need mobile pacy striker who is direct and can run at people with the bal as well as being good in the box....dzeko doesnt offer thiis
Hernandez is a 3rd choice striker for a mid table team.

noise said:
ayrshire_blue said:
. Also for Jovetic strike right before he was subbed out, see Edin's position.

If there is one thing Edin does well that's the off the ball movement. Off the ball movement is 90% of his goals.

Do you mean the one where the keeper fumbled it three yards in front of him, all the while Dzeko was still standing in the exact same spot as he was from the moment he saw Jovetic was about to take a shot? Yep, I see what you mean.

Your second part is bollocks btw, when we're passing the ball about near the edge of the opponents box Dzeko makes little or no attempts to make runs so he can find space and have the ball played through to him. His movement is poor, imo.

I'm starting to talk about Dzeko in the past tense, even though i have backed 100% and still do, but on a more positive note, it would be good for Dzeko's career if he gets a freshner.

I'd like to see him at NYCFC

noise said:
simon23 said:
samharris said:

Hernandez is a 3rd choice striker for a mid table team.
Ha ha Hernandez better,I agree with noise,Dzeko is definitely a fox in the box type striker,normally in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.