Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Josh Blue said:
pudge said:
Josh Blue said:
defeat?????? we didn't lose btw..
Well spotted, force of habit hearing 'Dzeko' and 'scapegoat' after a defeat.

Apologies.

Only lost 3 games this season and I don't remember anyone blaming Dzeko about Real Madrid away :P
He signed for us before this summer you know

His poor starts have been a long-term issue unfortunately - but not all of his own doing. Mancini is doing his best to help Dzeko by bringing in width. Maicon on the right and Kolarov on the left. Today's plan was pretty much scuppered by Kolarov going off so early but I'm still trying to hope that it will come good eventually. If it does, we'll have Plan A, B and C. For now though, Dzeko remains an excellent Plan B and his contributions from the bench need to be remembered so that the disappointment of today can be put into context.

pudge said:
Josh Blue said:
pudge said:
Well spotted, force of habit hearing 'Dzeko' and 'scapegoat' after a defeat.

Apologies.

Only lost 3 games this season and I don't remember anyone blaming Dzeko about Real Madrid away :P

Ohh I just thought you might of been able this habit during the summer as you wouldn't of heard it for a couple of months...

Josh Blue said:
pudge said:
Josh Blue said:

Ohh I just thought you might of been able this habit during the summer as you wouldn't of heard it for a couple of months...
Tbf, that doesn't make sense..

Josh Blue said:
Ohh I just thought you might of been able to break this habit during the summer as you wouldn't of heard it for a couple of months...********
But with no reference to it at all, how am I meant to learn from it?

What the fuck was he doing with those headers in 2nd half?

Go for goal when the goal is in sight.

The number of times we overdo it is frightening. Mancini must take some of the blame for that as he must be encouraging it.

Shooting once in a whole might actually pay off. Barry/Milner at Wigan 2 goals!

Personally I think it was good that the crowd reacted to Carlos being subbed instead of Dzeko. Yes, it can be perceived as extremely negative but Mancini clearly made the wrong call and hopefully it will either persuade him to just use Dzeko as an impact sub or it might give Dzeko a kick up the arse. To say he was hopeless today would be a fucking understatement, he was comical but it wasn't actually funny.

I can imagine there was fucking uproar in Bosnia when they realised the crowd wanted Dzeko off instead of Carlos....

I can see the logic of keeping a good header of the ball on the park but why not just a straight swap of Balotelli for Dzeko? Balo is decent enough in the air, he covers that near post area pretty well at defensive set-pieces.

We have 4 great strikers but still dont have a good partnership between them. Tevez never passes to Dzeko or Agüero and so on...

Another teams have 2 strikers but they can make it work as not their two strikers are the strength individually but their partnership.

For us it is only the individual strength is there, no partnership at all.

Constant tinkering should stop, one of them should leave in January as we cant give them enough playing time and the rotation wont get the best out of them.

Keeping these 4 strikers will mean constant rotation between them as you cant leave any of them on the bench for 4-5 consecutive games. And we cant get the best out of anyone.

We cant hope they will turn into their form of their life if they play one match sits on the bench next match and everytime they play they have a different partner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.