Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
buzzer1 said:
AntiUnited said:
O its u again making shit up about me. who told u that i was Bosnian ? and u left out city fan aswell you sure do have a selective memory. and remind me didnt he fuck off for half the season to play golf so calling him golfer seems appropriate.

Why be so degrading to a Blue that has done so much for us? fukin golfer? wash yer mouth out mate.

much worse was said when he was on his holiday...
Let me guess, coin landed scouse side up. Anymore amazing insights on the new academy?

EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
buzzer1 said:
Why be so degrading to a Blue that has done so much for us? fukin golfer? wash yer mouth out mate.

much worse was said when he was on his holiday...
Let me guess, coin landed scouse side up. Anymore amazing insights on the new academy?

/sigh come up with something new please same cheap shots are getting stale.

samharris said:
buzzer1 said:
AntiUnited said:
O its u again making shit up about me. who told u that i was Bosnian ? and u left out city fan aswell you sure do have a selective memory. and remind me didnt he fuck off for half the season to play golf so calling him golfer seems appropriate.

Actually,he's a bad golfer.

No he isn't. He's good at golf. Very good.

pudge said:
Do some people still rate Edin?

Must be nice to be so easily pleased.

If you are capable of reading, have a look at the following and RESPOND to the facts:

I thought that some Bluemooners might be interested in some statistics I collected for a discussion elsewhere (with ones who argue we should sell Dzeko in the summer). They were collected before our last game versus Newcastle:

Top Eleven Goal Scorers in Premier League + Aguero and Tevez

The following are: (a) goals; (b) minutes per goal (mpg); and (c) clear-cut chance conversion percentages (CCC%).

Suarez (a) 22 (b) 118 (c) 58%
van Persie (a) 19 (b) 122 (c) 36%
Bale (a) 16 (b) 143 (c) 55%
Ba (a) 15 (b) 144 (c) 42%
Michu (a) 15 (b) 161 (c) 55%
Lukaku (a) 13 (b) 110 (c) 38%
Benteke (a) 13 (b) 172 (c) 53%
Lambert (a) 13 (b) 188 (c) 62%
Dzeko (a) 12 (b) 112 (c) 59%
Lampard (a) 12 (b) 115 (c) 56%
Rooney (a) 12 (b) 133 (c) 53%

Aguero (a) 9 (b) 176 (c) 29%
Tevez (a) 9 (b) 191 (c) 50%

Once time on the pitch is taken into account, it is evident that Edin Dzeko’s overall performance compares favourably with any striker. He outperforms Suarez, van Persie, Bale, Ba, Michu, Benteke, Lampard and Rooney in BOTH mpg and CCC%. Dzeko is marginally worse than Lukaku in mpg but significantly better in terms of CCC%; he is somewhat worse than Lambert in terms of CCC% but significantly better in terms of mpg. (Anyone worried about sample sizes should aggregate this season with last season: Dzeko is a fortiori the star.)

Away goals and heavy goals

Clearly it should be much easier to score at home when already beating a demoralised team 2:0 or 3:0 or 4:0 (like Aston Villa, for example) compared to coming off the bench away against a team (like Fulham, for example) that is really psyched up to hang on to a 1:1 draw against last year’s premier league champions. Clearly it would be useful to look in greater detail at our strikers’ goals:

1. Away goals

Andy Gray on Messi: “He would struggle on a cold night away at the Britannia Stadium”.

Dzeko: 7 away goals @ 98 mins per goal
Aguero: 3 away goals @ 247 mins per goal
Tevez: 2 away goals @ 432 mins per goal

2. Goals in First Half
Dzeko: 5 of 12 goals (42%)
Tevez: 3 of 9 goals (33%)
Aguero: 2 of 9 goals (22%)

3. First City Player to Score
Dzeko in 4 games (in 12 starts)
Aguero in 3 games (in 18 starts)
Tevez in 4 games (in 20 starts)

4. City Drawing or Losing at the Time of Goal

“If you look at Edin’s career for Manchester City, the goals he has scored, he has got a lot of heavy goals, goals that are very important.” David Platt.

Dzeko: 9 goals @ 150 mins per key goal
Tevez: 5 goals at 342 mins per key goal
Aguero: 4 goals @ 397 mins per key goal

5. Goals from the 75th Minute Onwards
Dzeko: 4 goals (33%)
Aguero: 1 goal (11%)
Tevez: 3 goals (33%)

6. Super-subs?
Dzeko: in 13 substitute appearances, he has scored 5 goals at 40 mpg. (His securing wins against Fulham, West Brom and Spurs prompted Platt’s post-match press conferences about his “heavy goals”.)
Aguero: in 5 substitute appearances, he has scored 1 goal at 108 mpg. (City beating Sunderland at the time of his goal).
Tevez: in 5 substitute appearances, he has scored 1 goal at 163 mpg. (City beating Chelsea at the time of his goal).

Lest it be thought that there was little or no scope for Aguero or Tevez to change these games because City were already winning, City drew 4 and lost 1 of those 10 games.

7. For games in which they started:
Dzeko: 144 mpg
Aguero: 184 mpg
Tevez: 197 mpg

In response to the claim that Tevez "can do more than just score goals, unlike Dzeko most of the time’”, I presented some FACTS from Opta Sports / EPLIndex for this season’s premier league (as of before our game on 30 March). Some involve a subjective element but a huge advantage of the data is that they are compiled by people who do not think that strikers should be judged on the basis of their media reputation or their height or their ‘style’ or their nationality.

For anyone wanting to convert to 'minutes per x', Dzeko had played 1351 minutes and Tevez had played 1711 minutes.

1) Accurate through-balls
2 out of 5 attempted (40%) for Dzeko; 1 out of 13 attempted (8%) for Tevez.

2) Goal assists in open play
2 by Dzeko; 4 by Tevez

3) Chances created in open play
23 by Dzeko; 35 by Tevez

4) Clear-cut chances created
7 by Dzeko; 6 by Tevez

5) Set piece chance creation
4 by Dzeko; 0 by Tevez

6) Successful headed clearances
6 by Dzeko; 0 by Tevez

7) Total successful clearances
13 by Dzeko; 2 by Tevez

8) Possession won:
defensive third: 10 by Dzeko; 9 by Tevez
midfield third: 28 by Dzeko; 37 by Tevez
final third: 10 by Dzeko; 15 by Tevez

9) Offsides
6 by Dzeko; 10 by Tevez

9) Overran ball
0 by Dzeko; 4 by Tevez

10) Unsuccessful touches
33 by Dzeko; 42 by Tevez (almost identical 47 minutes per unsuccessful touch)

The posts on here since I uploaded the above statistics confirm my claim about the number of SHEEP and PARROTS (and xenophobes?) attracted to the regular Dzeko thread. They are an embarrassment to Bluemoon (and, I imagine, to Ric) and, more seriously, to my Club.

sbm said:
pudge said:
Do some people still rate Edin?

Must be nice to be so easily pleased.

If you are capable of reading, have a look at the following and RESPOND to the facts:

I thought that some Bluemooners might be interested in some statistics I collected for a discussion elsewhere (with ones who argue we should sell Dzeko in the summer). They were collected before our last game versus Newcastle:

Top Eleven Goal Scorers in Premier League + Aguero and Tevez

The following are: (a) goals; (b) minutes per goal (mpg); and (c) clear-cut chance conversion percentages (CCC%).

Suarez (a) 22 (b) 118 (c) 58%
van Persie (a) 19 (b) 122 (c) 36%
Bale (a) 16 (b) 143 (c) 55%
Ba (a) 15 (b) 144 (c) 42%
Michu (a) 15 (b) 161 (c) 55%
Lukaku (a) 13 (b) 110 (c) 38%
Benteke (a) 13 (b) 172 (c) 53%
Lambert (a) 13 (b) 188 (c) 62%
Dzeko (a) 12 (b) 112 (c) 59%
Lampard (a) 12 (b) 115 (c) 56%
Rooney (a) 12 (b) 133 (c) 53%

Aguero (a) 9 (b) 176 (c) 29%
Tevez (a) 9 (b) 191 (c) 50%

Once time on the pitch is taken into account, it is evident that Edin Dzeko’s overall performance compares favourably with any striker. He outperforms Suarez, van Persie, Bale, Ba, Michu, Benteke, Lampard and Rooney in BOTH mpg and CCC%. Dzeko is marginally worse than Lukaku in mpg but significantly better in terms of CCC%; he is somewhat worse than Lambert in terms of CCC% but significantly better in terms of mpg. (Anyone worried about sample sizes should aggregate this season with last season: Dzeko is a fortiori the star.)

Away goals and heavy goals

Clearly it should be much easier to score at home when already beating a demoralised team 2:0 or 3:0 or 4:0 (like Aston Villa, for example) compared to coming off the bench away against a team (like Fulham, for example) that is really psyched up to hang on to a 1:1 draw against last year’s premier league champions. Clearly it would be useful to look in greater detail at our strikers’ goals:

1. Away goals

Andy Gray on Messi: “He would struggle on a cold night away at the Britannia Stadium”.

Dzeko: 7 away goals @ 98 mins per goal
Aguero: 3 away goals @ 247 mins per goal
Tevez: 2 away goals @ 432 mins per goal

2. Goals in First Half
Dzeko: 5 of 12 goals (42%)
Tevez: 3 of 9 goals (33%)
Aguero: 2 of 9 goals (22%)

3. First City Player to Score
Dzeko in 4 games (in 12 starts)
Aguero in 3 games (in 18 starts)
Tevez in 4 games (in 20 starts)

4. City Drawing or Losing at the Time of Goal

“If you look at Edin’s career for Manchester City, the goals he has scored, he has got a lot of heavy goals, goals that are very important.” David Platt.

Dzeko: 9 goals @ 150 mins per key goal
Tevez: 5 goals at 342 mins per key goal
Aguero: 4 goals @ 397 mins per key goal

5. Goals from the 75th Minute Onwards
Dzeko: 4 goals (33%)
Aguero: 1 goal (11%)
Tevez: 3 goals (33%)

6. Super-subs?
Dzeko: in 13 substitute appearances, he has scored 5 goals at 40 mpg. (His securing wins against Fulham, West Brom and Spurs prompted Platt’s post-match press conferences about his “heavy goals”.)
Aguero: in 5 substitute appearances, he has scored 1 goal at 108 mpg. (City beating Sunderland at the time of his goal).
Tevez: in 5 substitute appearances, he has scored 1 goal at 163 mpg. (City beating Chelsea at the time of his goal).

Lest it be thought that there was little or no scope for Aguero or Tevez to change these games because City were already winning, City drew 4 and lost 1 of those 10 games.

7. For games in which they started:
Dzeko: 144 mpg
Aguero: 184 mpg
Tevez: 197 mpg

In response to the claim that Tevez "can do more than just score goals, unlike Dzeko most of the time’”, I presented some FACTS from Opta Sports / EPLIndex for this season’s premier league (as of before our game on 30 March). Some involve a subjective element but a huge advantage of the data is that they are compiled by people who do not think that strikers should be judged on the basis of their media reputation or their height or their ‘style’ or their nationality.

For anyone wanting to convert to 'minutes per x', Dzeko had played 1351 minutes and Tevez had played 1711 minutes.

1) Accurate through-balls
2 out of 5 attempted (40%) for Dzeko; 1 out of 13 attempted (8%) for Tevez.

2) Goal assists in open play
2 by Dzeko; 4 by Tevez

3) Chances created in open play
23 by Dzeko; 35 by Tevez

4) Clear-cut chances created
7 by Dzeko; 6 by Tevez

5) Set piece chance creation
4 by Dzeko; 0 by Tevez

6) Successful headed clearances
6 by Dzeko; 0 by Tevez

7) Total successful clearances
13 by Dzeko; 2 by Tevez

8) Possession won:
defensive third: 10 by Dzeko; 9 by Tevez
midfield third: 28 by Dzeko; 37 by Tevez
final third: 10 by Dzeko; 15 by Tevez

9) Offsides
6 by Dzeko; 10 by Tevez

9) Overran ball
0 by Dzeko; 4 by Tevez

10) Unsuccessful touches
33 by Dzeko; 42 by Tevez (almost identical 47 minutes per unsuccessful touch)

The posts on here since I uploaded the above statistics confirm my claim about the number of SHEEP and PARROTS (and xenophobes?) attracted to the regular Dzeko thread. They are an embarrassment to Bluemoon (and, I imagine, to Ric) and, more seriously, to my Club.

And the point is ...? I have nothing against Dzeko and you won't find a single dig at him from me. But if you're saying he's more effective for his club than those in bold... well sorry, mate. Stats can be made to show almost anything.

looked at the stats, but sorry for me its mentally too, when you see Aguero and Tevez start you are far more confident than when its Aguero/Dzeko, Tevez/Dzeko, the biggest problem for me is his lack of physicality, hes 6 foot 4 and refuses to put himself about, He isn't technically good enough on the ball either.

Supposingly Wenger with a genuine interest in bringing Edin to Arsenal over the summer...would hate to see him leave City, but looks like it's inevitable.

EaglesFan said:
Supposingly Wenger with a genuine interest in bringing Edin to Arsenal over the summer...would hate to see him leave City, but looks like it's inevitable.

Oh fuck, you're back! Thankfully, like AU, you'll be gone for good when Edin goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.