Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
franksinatra said:
badman said:
forevermancity said:
I'd love that to happen but do you think we need a tall striker to add another dimension?

we should play without strikers in our system.

if you think about it, aguero and tevez are not really strikers, they are midfielders similar to messi.

I know what you are saying and with one striker that formation would be my preferred method of seeing the team evolve. However we do not have the personnel hence we purchased Aguero and went two up top in our championship winning year as Mancini realised we did not have enough goals in the side.

Silva is quite rightly a fans favourite but could he play off a front man and get the goals a Mata, Bale, Cazorla etc would get from that position. Also Nasri is not a prolific scorer. That is the problem. We would lack goals unless we could get a player in suited to that position.

P.s I know the team with Tevez plays similarly picking up the ball deep. But we do not get the same movement and fluency seen at Arsenal, Chelsea etc

yes, silva, milner and nasri are dissapointing in terms of goal scoring, they should get 10 goals each every season. tevez and aguero had a poor season but they are capable of 30 goals each.

i dont know if chelsea have fluency, they are quite poor at the moment. arsenal can play good football because they have a good coach in arsene wenger. if we can get a good coach we can play our game to perfection.

LoveCity said:
badman said:
LoveCity said:
Bayern are loaded, one of the richest clubs in the world especially in the 'spend what you earn' era of FFP, where they have among the highest revenues. They spent £62million last summer (we spent £54million) and have already agreed to sign Gotze for £32million this summer. And they do want a striker but it's Lewandowski, not Dzeko.

they dont want dzeko because they cannot afford him. just because bayern have high revenues doesn't mean they splash money like crazy, they are careful their spending.

Of course they can afford him! We're asking around £20million for Dzeko

we rejected bayerns bid of £20 million last year. they either pay £25 million or they can take a hike.

I tell you what, some of the goals he has scored in that YouTube video are just unbelievable. Truly a reflection him as a player and all of his abilities and weaknesses. Top drawer.

Cancel the bid for Cavani and give that man a new contract. World Class!

I don't know whether this is likely to happen, but I have done a u-turn with Edin.

I honestly think he would prosper under Pellers.

Despite his flaws he knows how to get the ball into the net, and that's what the game is all about.

Besides I dont want him to be stolen by a German team for a song.

jollylescott said:
I don't know whether this is likely to happen, but I have done a u-turn with Edin.

Despite his flaws he knows how to get the ball into the net, and that's what the game is all about.

While i'm of a similar opinion,i think he may already be gone.

A shame really as,like you,i'd love to see what he could do in a City team which plays more to his strengths and with a manager who offers him confidence.

FantasyIreland said:
jollylescott said:

While i'm of a similar opinion,i think he may already be gone.

A shame really as,like you,i'd love to see what he could do in a City team which plays more to his strengths and with a manager who offers him confidence.
I think revising Dzeko's failures as a player to be entirely the manager's fault is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.