Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Mate,i couldnt give a flying fuck how your mind works,so dont assume you can read mine.......

I stated facts.
I didn't read your mind. I read your post. If you don't want people reading your posts, you shouldn't post.

You stated that you want to see him in a system playing to his strengths with a manager that instills confidence. I'm saying that putting his inadequacy down to not playing to his strengths (which seem to change moment by moment for whomever is making excuses for his continually poor performances) is mistaken. You can build your team around him all you want. You'll never win the Champions League doing it.

Edit: Do you think I'm defending Mancini? I can assure you, I'm not.

Matty said:
People have spoken of Mancini as a winner, but JUST a winner. When he isn't winning then he isn't really bringing anything else to the table. I can see similarities between Mancini and Dzeko. Dzeko is a goalscorer, but JUST a goalscorer. When he isn't scoring goals then he isn't really bringing anything else to the table either.

We've scored more team goals per game when Dzeko's on the pitch this season than either Tevez or Aguero (2.03, 1.87, 1.69 respectively), so his presence is having some sort of positive effect, apart from his goals (we also conceded more goals when he was playing; 1.18, 0.89, 1.00 respectively). It could just be that having a big target man somehow opens up defences more (Plan B anyone...?), and you might see the same effect if we played Carlton Cole up front, or stuck a scarecrow on a remote-controlled skateboard and patrolled it along the 18-yard box. Personally, I see a lot of good things that Edin does in addition to scoring, but apparently that just means I have the Bosnian eyesight gene...

CaliforniaBlue said:
Matty said:
People have spoken of Mancini as a winner, but JUST a winner. When he isn't winning then he isn't really bringing anything else to the table. I can see similarities between Mancini and Dzeko. Dzeko is a goalscorer, but JUST a goalscorer. When he isn't scoring goals then he isn't really bringing anything else to the table either.

We've scored more team goals per game when Dzeko's on the pitch this season than either Tevez or Aguero (2.03, 1.87, 1.69 respectively), so his presence is having some sort of positive effect, apart from his goals (we also conceded more goals when he was playing; 1.18, 0.89, 1.00 respectively). It could just be that having a big target man somehow opens up defences more (Plan B anyone...?), and you might see the same effect if we played Carlton Cole up front, or stuck a scarecrow on a remote-controlled skateboard and patrolled it along the 18-yard box. Personally, I see a lot of good things that Edin does in addition to scoring, but apparently that just means I have the Bosnian eyesight gene...
I agree. He is consistently double teamed and is a distraction for defenses. I think Dzeko is a victim of "perception = reality" because of his size. He sometimes looks ike he doesn't work as hard because of his size, but people underestimate his cognitive ability to be in the right place at the right time. I think he offers a lot more without scoring than people give him credit for.

dzeko brings much to the club off the pitch. unlike tevez and aguero, dzeko speaks english and is able to communicate properly with his team mates.

badman said:
dzeko brings much to the club off the pitch. unlike tevez and aguero, dzeko speaks english and is able to communicate properly with his team mates.
Wow

If he stays, we will all get to see the real Edin Dzeko next season. We don't know for sure, buthe didn't have the best of relationships with the manager. It upsets some, but I'm stickin to my theory that, Mancini messed with his head. Everyone seems to think he needs wide men to get on the end of crosses, which he also can do. But he also loves to drop deep, not too dissimilar to Lewandowski. He's a CLASS ACT! Seriously.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
am i the only one who is devastated when he starts in big games, just doesnt fill me with any confidence whatsoever.
I just wish his work rate was like Tevez.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH4TWnpd9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH4TWnpd9I</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.