Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting articles. Regarding some of the points made in them...

Either way, the facts are simple. Edin Dzeko will score a shed-load of goals wherever he goes. Whether that is at Manchester City or at another club is irrelevant.

I think this season has proven that Dzeko is least effective when he has to fight for his position ie: when he's the 3rd choice striker. I think if he's played in a formation that suits him and where he doesn't have to hold up the ball but rely on his own positioning he will be effective wherever he goes. But if he starts for any top team and he doesn't produce he will be dropped and he will have to fight for his position - that will not change under Chelsea.

Moreover, in comparison to his teammates Aguero (11 goals in 28 matches) and Tevez (15 in 33) does he really deserve to sit out while the Argentine duo struggle to reproduce their magical form from last season? Can Roberto Mancini justify leaving out one of the most feared strikers in the Premier League?

I think Mancini was harsh with him at times - particulary when Mario was here and Aguero has not impressed compared to the previous season. But I think sometimes Edin was his own worst enemy as when he started games he looked a completely different player to the one that came on in the last game with 10 minutes to go. His hold up play was poor and he spent a lot of time on his arse appealing for fouls. I agree some other players should have been dropped this season - if we had the stength in midfield I'm sure Ya Ya would/should have been dropped especially towards the end of the season.

Edin Dzeko and Emmanuel Adebayor on Malaga radar

Can't see how they could afford Edin or his wages - unless part of an exchange with Isco for the fee

I've not commented on this before, but the problem I have with many of the Edin Dzeko fanatics on this board, of whatever nationality, is that not only do they seem not to care about MCFC, but they give the impression of pretty much passionately disliking the team (except for their favourite player) and it's fans.

It would be the same if we signed Rooney, then a whole lot of Rags kept coming on and saying how great he was and how shit we were.

That's why it would be a relief to see the back of them, nothing to do with prejudice.

edgecroft said:
I've not commented on this before, but the problem I have with many of the Edin Dzeko fanatics on this board, of whatever nationality, is that not only do they seem not to care about MCFC, but they give the impression of pretty much passionately disliking the team (except for their favourite player) and it's fans.

It would be the same if we signed Rooney, then a whole lot of Rags kept coming on and saying how great he was and how shit we were.

That's why it would be a relief to see the back of them, nothing to do with prejudice.

Know what you're saying. I think if we signed Rooney the United fans would hate him - fickle lot that they are

jknight said:

Either way, the facts are simple. Edin Dzeko will score a shed-load of goals wherever he goes. Whether that is at Manchester City or at another club is irrelevant.

The simple fact here is that the above statement is, in no way, an actual fact. It's an opinion. It may well be an opinion based upon historical evidence, but nonetheless it's an opinion and not a fact.

jknight said:
Moreover, in comparison to his teammates Aguero (11 goals in 28 matches) and Tevez (15 in 33) does he really deserve to sit out while the Argentine duo struggle to reproduce their magical form from last season? Can Roberto Mancini justify leaving out one of the most feared strikers in the Premier League?

This is the argument most pro-Dzeko fans use, that on a goals per game, and goals per minute, basis Dzeko last season was actually better than Tevez and Aguero. That in itself is indeed a fact. However it concentrates on just one aspect (albeit the most important one) of a footballers overall contribution to a team. There are numerous measures of performance and influence, goals are just one of them. The difference between Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko in terms of goals last season wasn't a huge one, so these other facts will have influenced the amount of gametime. In Mancini's eyes, and those of many City fans, both Aguero and Tevez provided more of these "other factors" than Dzeko did, enough more to result in more gametime.

jknight said:

There's no way Dzeko ends up at Malaga. There's a reason why Pellegrini has left, why Carzola was sold, and why Santa Cruz was loaned to them, they don't have the funds they had a couple of years ago. Dzeko's wages, and fee, would be beyond Malaga.

Matty said:
jknight said:

The simple fact here is that the above statement is, in no way, an actual fact. It's an opinion. It may well be an opinion based upon historical evidence, but nonetheless it's an opinion and not a fact.

jknight said:

This is the argument most pro-Dzeko fans use, that on a goals per game, and goals per minute, basis Dzeko last season was actually better than Tevez and Aguero. That in itself is indeed a fact. However it concentrates on just one aspect (albeit the most important one) of a footballers overall contribution to a team. There are numerous measures of performance and influence, goals are just one of them. The difference between Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko in terms of goals last season wasn't a huge one, so these other facts will have influenced the amount of gametime. In Mancini's eyes, and those of many City fans, both Aguero and Tevez provided more of these "other factors" than Dzeko did, enough more to result in more gametime.

jknight said:

There's no way Dzeko ends up at Malaga. There's a reason why Pellegrini has left, why Carzola was sold, and why Santa Cruz was loaned to them, they don't have the funds they had a couple of years ago. Dzeko's wages, and fee, would be beyond Malaga.

Can't disagree with any of that to be honest. For me those "other factors" tended to be his effort, commitment and temperament. I can remember games in which Dzeko started where I forgot he was playing and when I did notice him he was either falling over or walking on the edge of the oppositions box (regardless of what the score was). If we were frustrated as fans watching this I imagine Mancini will have felt the same.

Lets just cut to the chase...yes he has scores some important goals but he is not good enough..kin hell i have never seen a big lad get pushed around so much on a football pitch..

Cavani or dzeko...it really isnt a choice is it...if he stays i hope he proves me wrong but he is at best a good centre forward..not great..nor world class.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Lets just cut to the chase...yes he has scores some important goals but he is not good enough..kin hell i have never seen a big lad get pushed around so much on a football pitch..

Cavani or dzeko...it really isnt a choice is it...if he stays i hope he proves me wrong but he is at best a good centre forward..not great..nor world class.

Good summary let's close the thread ;-)

Chelsea rumors still floating around, Liverpool is getting in on the action now too with all the talk of Suarez leaving. Malaga has been in the rumors but I don't expect anything out of that. They don't have a coach, they don't have CL and Edin has final say as to where he will move, so with all of the above I don't think he'll agree to Malaga in a hundred years.

It has surfaced that Benitez preferred Dzeko to Gomez for Napoli.

And of course if Lewandowski leaves there will be another link to Edin in Dortmund.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Chelsea rumors still floating around, Liverpool is getting in on the action now too with all the talk of Suarez leaving. Malaga has been in the rumors but I don't expect anything out of that. They don't have a coach, they don't have CL and Edin has final say as to where he will move, so with all of the above I don't think he'll agree to Malaga in a hundred years.

And of course if Lewandowski leaves there will be another link to Edin in Dortmund.

If the Benitez bit is true surely we do a deal with cash for Cavani. Much prefer that him going to Chelsea. Tevez is supposed to be in talks next week - I wonder if we're waiting for the outcome of that

jknight said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

If the Benitez bit is true surely we do a deal with cash for Cavani. Much prefer that him going to Chelsea. Tevez is supposed to be in talks next week - I wonder if we're waiting for the outcome of that

Gomez is already heading to Napoli. Bayern have been trying to off load Gomez to Napoli since the CL final. They want to make their move for Lewandowski because Lew has already declined Untied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.