Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
Maverick said:
Let it be known here that I am a Dzéko fan. Yes, he does have weak points, but most strikers do. I've been a fan long before City signed him, and will be a fan long after he's left us. People tend to forget that without his header against Rangers, Kun's goal would have been worthless.

Dzéko is also the only player in the EPL who I've recently seen score a hattrick using first his right foot, then a header, then his left. He then followed with a beatiful one-two with Barry to show an excellent first touch and score with his left again.

That match showed how good he can be, if used right. And I believe Pellegrini knows exactly how to use him to get him to his best!

This piss's me off more than anything, if we had of had a more rounded and committed striker, we would not have been in that position, we would have had the title sown up by then. Imo.

I agree, if we had more rounded and comitted strikers on the field for most matches we would not have been in that position. I mean, who knows how far in front of Utd we would've been at that stage had Dzéko played more games during that season! Imo.

pominoz said:
Maverick said:
Let it be known here that I am a Dzéko fan. Yes, he does have weak points, but most strikers do. I've been a fan long before City signed him, and will be a fan long after he's left us. People tend to forget that without his header against Rangers, Kun's goal would have been worthless.

Dzéko is also the only player in the EPL who I've recently seen score a hattrick using first his right foot, then a header, then his left. He then followed with a beatiful one-two with Barry to show an excellent first touch and score with his left again.

That match showed how good he can be, if used right. And I believe Pellegrini knows exactly how to use him to get him to his best!

This piss's me off more than anything, if we had of had a more rounded and committed striker, we would not have been in that position, we would have had the title sown up by then. Imo.

I'm loathed to get into a Dzeko discussion but what exactly do you mean by rounded/committed striker? You can maybe run the argument in the last six months of the season just gone his head had dropped and he lacked commitment, but in our title winning season Edin was as important as Kun, Balo, and Carlos.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares under Pellegrini. I suspect you'll have to pay out on those bets ... but then it's a win/win because if he's scoring we're doing well ... :)

BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
Maverick said:

I'm loathed to get into a Dzeko discussion but what exactly do you mean by rounded/committed striker? You can maybe run the argument in the last six months of the season just gone his head had dropped and he lacked commitment, but in our title winning season Edin was as important as Kun, Balo, and Carlos.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares under Pellegrini. I suspect you'll have to pay out on those bets ... but then it's a win/win because if he's scoring we're doing well ... :)

So am i ;)
I am talking about the dire performances after he was "benched for no reason" and he lost his confidence, he was benched for an upcoming champs league game.
The "rounded/committed striker" comment was more to do with his contribution to the team, for the price we paid i expected more than a " stand in the 6 yard box, waiting for a gift goal to be presented" player, maybe that's just me .
Like i posted before, i would love to pay out at the end of the season, just can not see it.

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Maverick said:

nope being benched for fuk all reasons after scoring 4 goals or going on a hot streak then getting sent on the bench did that. (also kolo african champs thing + tevez golfing trip didnt help either)

THIS DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN!

without a dream said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:

nope being benched for fuk all reasons after scoring 4 goals or going on a hot streak then getting sent on the bench did that. (also kolo african champs thing + tevez golfing trip didnt help either)

THIS DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN!

who started after the spurs game? who started at united (even though we thrashed the cunts?) wasent edin in red hot form ???

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Maverick said:

Idiots still saying this even now?

He was rested for the far more important game against Napoli 48 hours after! He then played that game and was shite.

SWP's back said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:

He was rested for the far more important game against Napoli 48 hours after! He then played that game and was shite.

a yes the good old rest the player policy which seems to be only employed in the epl. while in Italy,Germany,and spain the same starting 11 always start + if a striker is in form he will never get benched..

AntiUnited said:
SWP's back said:
AntiUnited said:

a yes the good old rest the player policy which seems to be only employed in the epl. while in Italy,Germany,and spain the same starting 11 always start + if a striker is in form he will never get benched..
Yes it is called rotation and never seems affect good players. Of course the countries you mention have a winter break, unlike the PL (we don't call it EPL over here seeing as, well, we are in Enlgand) whoch makes it easier on the players in terms of fatigue, even though you are in correct in suggesting that rotation never occurs..

Are you really saying that resting for 48 hours made this "world class player" fall apart?

SWP's back said:
AntiUnited said:
SWP's back said:

Yes it is called rotation and never seems affect good players. Of course the countries you mention have a winter break, unlike the PL (we don't call it EPL over here seeing as, well, we are in Enlgand).

Are you really saying that resting for 48 hours made this "world class player" fall apart?

Ye they have a ''winter break" while i watched AC-MILAN, Munich, and Stuttgart play al ahli(uae club) in dubai.

SWP's back said:
AntiUnited said:
SWP's back said:

Yes it is called rotation and never seems affect good players. Of course the countries you mention have a winter break, unlike the PL (we don't call it EPL over here seeing as, well, we are in Enlgand) whoch makes it easier on the players in terms of fatigue, even though you are in correct in suggesting that rotation never occurs..

Non so blind as those who will not see ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.