Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you put in the work and commitment that Tevez does then yes a "golfing trip" as you say can be finished (but not forgotten)

Tevez in the four years he has been here has more than proved his worth, yes the Munich incident was shit but it happened. It certainly won't mask over the commitment he has given to the team every single game he plays.

SWP's back said:
AntiUnited said:
SWP's back said:
Yes it is called rotation and never seems affect good players. Of course the countries you mention have a winter break, unlike the PL (we don't call it EPL over here seeing as, well, we are in Enlgand).

Are you really saying that resting for 48 hours made this "world class player" fall apart?

Ye they have a ''winter break" while i watched AC-MILAN, Munich, and Stuttgart play al ahli(uae club) in dubai.
Strawman after strawman,

You said Edin was dropped, he wasn't. He was rested for 48 hours.

You say players don't get rested on the continent (which they do) - so I point out there is a winter break.

You say they still play during the winter break, ignoring the difference between and exhibition kick around and 90 minutes of toil in the toughest league in Europe.

Meh! Such a ridiculous argument.

Edin was not dropped. A world class player does not lose his touch in 48 hours. And united have managed to rotate for years without doing too badly with their world stars. Cole, Yorke, RVN, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo never went shit for 6 months because they were rested in one match for another coming up 48 hours later.

I like Edin as a person, I hope he does great next year, I really do, but lets call a spade a fucking spade eh? He wasn't dropped.

What actually matters most is Edin's attitude towards his treatment by Mancini, and whether this caused a loss of form/lack of confidence which would explain why his performances were so poor towards the end of last season. He wouldn't be the first player to feel like he's being treated badly by a manager and spit his dummy out, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rejuvenated Dzeko banging the goals in again next season. It's certainly worth having a look at how he performs under another manager to test this theory imo.

CTID101 said:
When you put in the work and commitment that Tevez does then yes a "golfing trip" as you say can be finished (but not forgotten)

Tevez in the four years he has been here has more than proved his worth, yes the Munich incident was shit but it happened. It certainly won't mask over the commitment he has given to the team every single game he plays.

Hmm fuking off for a half a season cuz of a disagreement tbh is more troubling then dzekos ego issues. so much for being a team player and all that commitment shit your trying to push with him...+ i think hes playing for a new contract imo

Phuket Blue said:
Graceyboy said:
OK, with all the childish "my view is right and your wrong" going on in this thread, I thought I'd give my two penneth for what it's worth.

This view is purely from my observation of him "from the outside", I don't profess to have any ITK insider track on him. All views are based on what I see of him on the pitch (for City, Bosnia and limited rememberance from Dortmund) and also what we are privaledged to witness via CityTV.)

As a footballer
(Technical Skill wise)
I don't think I will be challenged on my opinion that he is the least technically skilful player of our "Strikers" He isn't a player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet with the willingness to dribble past a defender. but I'm pretty sure it wasn't his silky skills that he was bought for, and nor should he be hung drawn and quartered for neither like he does so many times on BM. 4/10
(Target Man)
With his back to goal and asked to bring others into the game etc etc, due to his lack of technical ability as previously mentioned, it limits him in this role. 5/10
(Goalscorer)
Probably one of the best at converting chances into goals. I don't have any stats at hand, but I think he would be up there at putting away clear chances. His awareness in the box, his acuracy, his lethal poaching abilities puts him as our best goalscorer in respect of numbers. Cross a ball into the danger zone, 100% everyday I would want it to fall to Dzeko to put it away, and I'd say he would have the highest ratio of doing that. Left foot, right foot, header, arse shin etc etc. 1 on 1s with keeper, I'd back Dzeko to slot it home (or at least make the keeper work) nearly all the time. You set your style of play to provide crosses and through balls to a striker, I would say he is one of the worlds best at putting them home. 9/10

(Tracking Back)
Awful. Sheer awful. This is my biggest gripe with the big man. If He/We lose posession, he is so lazy. He spends all his time complaining to the ref rather than getting on with winning the ball back. He needs a rocket up his arse in this area. He needs to take a leaf out of Tevez's book in this part of the game. Now, because this is purely a flaw in attitude, this part of his game can change dramatically very quickly given the right encouragement and mentoring.
1/10

("Team Mate")
Couldn't think of what else to call this. It seems from the footage we see behind the scenes, he gets on with the squad members, wears a smile and works hard in training. He comes across as a likeable guy. Has had tantrums, but are they down to fustrations with himself and or the previous alouf management

All in all, he is here as a striker. Scoring goals is what he does very well given the right provision and supply.

Id be more than happy to keep him and use him in the best way possible

Smack his lazy arse and give him the ball infront of goal and we will outscore every other team in this league

Here endeth my sermon on the Bosnian

It's so refreshing to see a well written and thought out post on Edin Dzeko. Good effort Gracey for rating Dzeko where it matters!

Where it doesn't matter:
Back to goal play......good for Liverpoo,l Everton and Leeds circa 1975 and Blackburn with RSC.
Tracking back....who the f*** cares. Show me a striker consistently tracking back and I'll show you one who is often out of position to take best advantage of a fast break.
Dribbling and technical skill.......He's a foot too tall for that and anyway, that's what Navas and Isco are for.

As long as his lousy first touch gets a goal every 2nd or third game, he has a place in our squad.

Dortmund????? Wolfsburg!

CTID101 said:

Fuckin oath, i was pissed big time with Tevez when he did what he did, but when he runs on to the field he is 100% a footballer, unlike his Bosnian team mate.

AntiUnited said:
CTID101 said:

Hmm fuking off for a half a season cuz of a disagreement tbh is more troubling then dzekos ego issues. so much for being a team player and all that commitment shit your trying to push with him...+ i think hes playing for a new contract imo
It really isn't. Because I know for a fact that when Tevez walks onto the pitch you get nothing less than 100% commitment and effort as well as a very good chance he is going to look capable of playing football.

With Dzeko you could get anything from nothing to superstar. His attitude against Tottenham was a fucking disgrace, I don't care if Mancini hadn't give him a cuddle on the team coach or played him the week before or not played him. You do not play like that.

Missing chances or having an off day with your passing is excusable, the effort and commitment you put in is not.

So he has been playing for a new contract for the past four years? despite every year talking up about wanting to leave City at the end of his contract?
Stop talking shite.

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
If he is that fucking delicate he should look for another line of work.
I bet he will not find one paying the same as he is getting now, do your job and get on with it.

a so he sould have went on a golfing trip then :S. cuz he seems to be in everyone's good books.
Tevez does more in 1 game than your goldenboy does in 5, it is not just about knocking in tap ins, you will never see this though.
Don't fall for his strawman of comparing Edin to Tevez Pom. All he does is deflect.

SWP's back said:
pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
a so he sould have went on a golfing trip then :S. cuz he seems to be in everyone's good books.
Tevez does more in 1 game than your goldenboy does in 5, it is not just about knocking in tap ins, you will never see this though.
Don't fall for his strawman of comparing Edin to Tevez Pom. All he does is deflect.

True, but this Edin walks on water shit piss's me off.

levets said:
Phuket Blue said:
Graceyboy said:
OK, with all the childish "my view is right and your wrong" going on in this thread, I thought I'd give my two penneth for what it's worth.

This view is purely from my observation of him "from the outside", I don't profess to have any ITK insider track on him. All views are based on what I see of him on the pitch (for City, Bosnia and limited rememberance from Dortmund) and also what we are privaledged to witness via CityTV.)

As a footballer
(Technical Skill wise)
I don't think I will be challenged on my opinion that he is the least technically skilful player of our "Strikers" He isn't a player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet with the willingness to dribble past a defender. but I'm pretty sure it wasn't his silky skills that he was bought for, and nor should he be hung drawn and quartered for neither like he does so many times on BM. 4/10
(Target Man)
With his back to goal and asked to bring others into the game etc etc, due to his lack of technical ability as previously mentioned, it limits him in this role. 5/10
(Goalscorer)
Probably one of the best at converting chances into goals. I don't have any stats at hand, but I think he would be up there at putting away clear chances. His awareness in the box, his acuracy, his lethal poaching abilities puts him as our best goalscorer in respect of numbers. Cross a ball into the danger zone, 100% everyday I would want it to fall to Dzeko to put it away, and I'd say he would have the highest ratio of doing that. Left foot, right foot, header, arse shin etc etc. 1 on 1s with keeper, I'd back Dzeko to slot it home (or at least make the keeper work) nearly all the time. You set your style of play to provide crosses and through balls to a striker, I would say he is one of the worlds best at putting them home. 9/10

(Tracking Back)
Awful. Sheer awful. This is my biggest gripe with the big man. If He/We lose posession, he is so lazy. He spends all his time complaining to the ref rather than getting on with winning the ball back. He needs a rocket up his arse in this area. He needs to take a leaf out of Tevez's book in this part of the game. Now, because this is purely a flaw in attitude, this part of his game can change dramatically very quickly given the right encouragement and mentoring.
1/10

("Team Mate")
Couldn't think of what else to call this. It seems from the footage we see behind the scenes, he gets on with the squad members, wears a smile and works hard in training. He comes across as a likeable guy. Has had tantrums, but are they down to fustrations with himself and or the previous alouf management

All in all, he is here as a striker. Scoring goals is what he does very well given the right provision and supply.

Id be more than happy to keep him and use him in the best way possible

Smack his lazy arse and give him the ball infront of goal and we will outscore every other team in this league

Here endeth my sermon on the Bosnian

It's so refreshing to see a well written and thought out post on Edin Dzeko. Good effort Gracey for rating Dzeko where it matters!

Where it doesn't matter:
Back to goal play......good for Liverpoo,l Everton and Leeds circa 1975 and Blackburn with RSC.
Tracking back....who the f*** cares. Show me a striker consistently tracking back and I'll show you one who is often out of position to take best advantage of a fast break.
Dribbling and technical skill.......He's a foot too tall for that and anyway, that's what Navas and Isco are for.

As long as his lousy first touch gets a goal every 2nd or third game, he has a place in our squad.

Dortmund????? Wolfsburg!
Your quite right, prize goes to you spotting the deliberate mistake :-)

No, that was a case of fingers before memory there <Hand in the air> Sorry crew</Hand in the air>

SWP's back said:
pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:

This.

It`s pointless even attempting to debate with him.

The god of Dzeko can do no wrong in his world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.