Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phuket Blue said:
pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
a so he sould have went on a golfing trip then :S. cuz he seems to be in everyone's good books.
Tevez does more in 1 game than your goldenboy does in 5, it is not just about knocking in tap ins, you will never see this though.

Actually it is quite easy to argue that's exactly what it is about.....if you were bought to score goals, you do it often enough and that's exactly what your team requires of you!

I think some people are arguing that when the goals do dry up (and they do for every striker from time to time) you expect them to still be offering 100% effort and contributing to the team, and thats where we can all see that this is the area of Dzeko's game goes wanting

BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
So am i ;)
I am talking about the dire performances after he was "benched for no reason" and he lost his confidence, he was benched for an upcoming champs league game.
The "rounded/committed striker" comment was more to do with his contribution to the team, for the price we paid i expected more than a " stand in the 6 yard box, waiting for a gift goal to be presented" player, maybe that's just me .
Like i posted before, i would love to pay out at the end of the season, just can not see it.

For me an important issue, and it's one I alluded to in a thread I started about our current three strikers, is that although you could argue that they all have certain deficiencies, Edin obviously being the least rounded, to improve on any one of them you need to go and sign RVP/Falcao/Cavani. Basically you need to buy a ready made world class out of the box centre forward. Which for me says that the three we've got are pretty fucking good and between them good enough to win the league and the CL if our goals from midfield tally improves.

Wasting ur time mate..haters are gonna hate.. I agree with you.

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
So am i ;)
I am talking about the dire performances after he was "benched for no reason" and he lost his confidence, he was benched for an upcoming champs league game.
The "rounded/committed striker" comment was more to do with his contribution to the team, for the price we paid i expected more than a " stand in the 6 yard box, waiting for a gift goal to be presented" player, maybe that's just me .
Like i posted before, i would love to pay out at the end of the season, just can not see it.

For me an important issue, and it's one I alluded to in a thread I started about our current three strikers, is that although you could argue that they all have certain deficiencies, Edin obviously being the least rounded, to improve on any one of them you need to go and sign RVP/Falcao/Cavani. Basically you need to buy a ready made world class out of the box centre forward. Which for me says that the three we've got are pretty fucking good and between them good enough to win the league and the CL if our goals from midfield tally improves.

Nice to see you here again, Sam. For the record, I agree with you and Billy. We'll be just fine with the current strike force, and if Carlos leaves and someone like Jovetic joins us, we'll still do well. The priority this summer is to revamp the midfield in a big way, and that is what is being accomplished. Isco, if he comes, will be even more of an asset for us than Cavani, and I rate Cavani as one of the three or four best strikers on the planet, and the one best suited to the Prem.

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
So am i ;)

Cheap shot, we do not 'hate" just know/hope he can do much better than he has.

Graceyboy said:
Phuket Blue said:
pominoz said:
Tevez does more in 1 game than your goldenboy does in 5, it is not just about knocking in tap ins, you will never see this though.

Actually it is quite easy to argue that's exactly what it is about.....if you were bought to score goals, you do it often enough and that's exactly what your team requires of you!

I think some people are arguing that when the goals do dry up (and they do for every striker from time to time) you expect them to still be offering 100% effort and contributing to the team, and thats where we can all see that this is the area of Dzeko's game goes wanting

And they have a fair argument!

To be honest most comments on here on Dzeko, good and bad, are pretty much justified. I have just got used to playing devil's advocate to the people who label him 'shit' and 'crap' which is in my view is just plain ignorance.

Edin is a good player however RM very rarely played to his strengths, by getting the ball wide and crossing it in for him to run on to. It is no good trying to cross the ball from the edge of the box when he is sometimes marked by 2/3 players, and there is no 1 to support him.

In the season we won the Prem we played a lot more to Edin strengths, however when it came to defending the title RM decide to change the formation nearly every other week. It is no wonder that we played so badly all season. That is probably 1 of the reasons he got the sack another is the way he always let Mario get away with breaking club rules.

If Edin is going to play we need at least 1 player to stay on the touchline and to cross it from the by line for Edin to run on to it. Just go back to the season we won the prem and especially the game at Spurs where we won 5-1 just look at the goals he scored, a few were scored because they crossed the ball from the by line into his feet or his head.

Phuket Blue said:
Graceyboy said:
Phuket Blue said:

And they have a fair argument!

To be honest most comments on here on Dzeko, good and bad, are pretty much justified. I have just got used to playing devil's advocate to the people who label him 'shit' and 'crap' which is in my view is just plain ignorance.

Im the same but im on the opposite side when i see the label 'great' near his name.

There are so many who post on here who don't understand that it's a physical impossibility for Edin Dzeko to play like Aguero or Tevez do.

He is twice their size. He will never be as agile as them. Some people label him as shit due to this (they call him, slow or lazy), which is a clear misunderstanding of basic principles of human anatomy and sport. Even when Dzeko runs on a counter attack one gets the illusion that he's slow because he's not making a lot of steps, he doesn't have to he's got long legs!

Just watch Dzeko's run in this clip here, watch it a few times so you can appreciate how fast Dzeko can actually be on counter attack (note: he slows down towards the end to stay onside).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPJY7ZpGxSY[/youtube]

What makes this goal stand out is the fact that he was just filling his defensive duties of helping against opposing team's set pieces. When people talk about Dzeko not being a complete player they often forget about what he brings to the team defensively as well with his size and height.

You don't see anyone in Edin Dzeko camp complaining about Aguero or Tevez lack of aerial threat.

When people call our top league striker for this season shit, something is wrong, and it's not the Dzeko supporters.

pominoz said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:

Cheap shot, we do not 'hate" just know/hope he can do much better than he has.

Wouldnt have thought you felt that way tbh looking at some of ur posts on Dzeko..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.