Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a "physical impossibility" at all. Ibrahimovic is taller and is one of the finest players in the world with the ball at his feet.
Crouch is a giant and again "has good feet for a big man". Numerous strikers over 6ft are technically fantastic.

You don't see anyone in the Edin Dzeko camp complaining about Aguero or Tevez's lack of aerial threat?

That is because you can't! it is physically impossible for them to jump and win every header or compete in the air against 6ft+ CB's all the time.

It isn't for Dzeko yet he is out jumped more often than not and should a defender come near him he bottles the challenge half the time and sits on the floor complaining as the other team come flying down the pitch. See Gerrard's goal against us at the Etihad this year.

CTID101 said:
It is not a "physical impossibility" at all. Ibrahimovic is taller and is one of the finest players in the world with the ball at his feet.
Crouch is a giant and again "has good feet for a big man". Numerous strikers over 6ft are technically fantastic.

You don't see anyone in the Edin Dzeko camp complaining about Aguero or Tevez's lack of aerial threat?

That is because you can't! it is physically impossible for them to jump and win every header or compete in the air against 6ft+ CB's all the time.

It isn't for Dzeko yet he is out jumped more often than not and should a defender come near him he bottles the challenge half the time and sits on the floor complaining as the other team come flying down the pitch. See Gerrard's goal against us at the Etihad this year.
I absolutely disagree with the assertion that Dzeko isn't technically gifted with his feet (he scores with both of them). Also since you mentioned Ibrahimovic, he actually has a terrible header record compared to Dzeko.

And the instance you mentioned was a clear foul, Dzeko was in the right to complain. The fact that you actually count this against him speaks volumes about your bias against Dzeko as a player.

edit: prejudice is too strong of a word, changed to bias

You're actually arguing that Dzeko is technically gifted? I've heard it all now. He's a potent goal scorer but is far from technically gifted. If he was technically gifted the ball wouldn't bounce off his feet so regularly.

noise said:
CTID101 said:

I absolutely disagree with the assertion that Dzeko isn't technically gifted with his feet (he scores with both of them). Also since you mentioned Ibrahimovic, he actually has a terrible header record compared to Dzeko.

And the instance you mentioned was a clear foul, Dzeko was in the right to complain. The fact that you actually count this against him speaks volumes about your prejudice against Dzeko as a player.
He didn't say Ibrahimovic was good in the air

Also, it was the Sturridge goal that Dzeko lay on the ground for but got up straight away to complain after it had gone in, not the Gerrard one CTID101....

Granted, it was a foul but he was not hurt, that lack of a backbone is what gets on people's nerves

Dzeko will probably stay in City this season (it seems he wants that). I just hope that things will go well for MC in general. Pelegrini is proven coach and could lead MC to the next level where it will play major role in CL every season. Dzeko and all other players in the team should be treated equaly, can play only if you prove that on the field. Team and team spirit comes first. Less football "politics" more MC success

Greetings from Bosnia

noise said:
CTID101 said:

And the instance you mentioned was a clear foul, Dzeko was in the right to complain. The fact that you actually count this against him speaks volumes about your bias against Dzeko as a player.

So because he can score with both feet he is a technical genius?
I think you need to watch some videos of Ibra to see what I mean about technical genius!

Never mentioned heading. Besides, Ibra is too busy bringing the ball down and rifling it into the top corner with his backheel! ;)

I never said it wasn't a foul ;) learn to read.
But when the ref doesn't give it you get up and defend, defending starts from the front remember. But no, he just saw that messing with his socks wondering why the whole world was against him.

Bias against Dzeko? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

LoveCity said:
You're actually arguing that Dzeko is technically gifted? I've heard it all now. He's a potent goal scorer but is far from technically gifted. If he was technically gifted the ball wouldn't bounce off his feet so regularly.
This is another argument against Dzeko that doesn't make sense:

- Dzeko is lazy, slow
- He is not technically gifted

How the fuck is he the best goal per minute striker in City then? Or in Europe WCQ, or the highest scoring partnership striker in Bundesliga of all time? Good looks?

He is all of that because he is good at finishing and scoring goals. No one has ever disputed that?

He is just shite at the rest of the game. Nothing wrong with that to many people ie Bosnians but to people who when they see a player who cost nearly 30m! struggle with the basics of the fucking game 9/10 you can understand why many people get riled up surely?

I am not saying Aguero never makes mistakes and miscontrols the ball or makes a bad pass or Silva tries to take it one defender to far and loses the ball or gets in great shooting positions but looks to pass but these players also consistently more often than not will deliver more than Dzeko does.

Quite simple really.

I have no problem with Edin staying, I will celebrate everyone of his goals as I have done in the past and will do in the future but stop making out like he is perfect.

My password to my user account on my computer is "dzeko10" for fuck sake!

CTID101 said:
noise said:
CTID101 said:

So because he can score with both feet he is a technical genius?
I think you need to watch some videos of Ibra to see what I mean about technical genius!

Never mentioned heading. Besides, Ibra is too busy bringing the ball down and rifling it into the top corner with his backheel! ;)

I never said it wasn't a foul ;) learn to read.
But when the ref doesn't give it you get up and defend, defending starts from the front remember. But no, he just saw that messing with his socks wondering why the whole world was against him.

Bias against Dzeko? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
When his own team's fans act like you I don't blame him for thinking the whole world is against him after being fouled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.