Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
This 3rd choice shit. He was the first option off the bench. When you consider that Tevez was AM and the vast majority of teams play one up top, Dzeko was second choice.

+999999999999

Goo said:
samharris said:
Goo said:
Aguero had injury problems all last season, and assuming Tevez was our second choice, he basically played in midfield all season.

If Aguero had been injury free he'd have doubled Dzeko's tally

There were plenty of games where sergio was fit but didnt score!!! going by what you just said then he should have scored in every game he played.

I must have missed those.

We all know Aguero is capable of scoring more than last season. We know because he did it the season before. Aguero came back from a lot of injuries last season and it's not like you just jump back into it and are fully fit. Takes time even when you're playing games.

Dzeko has never done for us what Aguero has done.

Also, even with such an under achieving season due to injuries (by Aguero's standards) his goal to game ratio is still higher than 1 in 2 games, that's how good Aguero is!!

Comparing the two is laughable to be honest.

I am comparing a 1st choice striker and a 3rd choice striker,if you cant fathom that then thats your lookout.
Im not saying that Edin is as good as sergio technically, im saying he does what he does as 3rd choice striker and it aint as bad as some on here are making out..

tell me who would you have as 3rd choice striker if given the option?? and do you think your choice would like to be classed as 3rd choice and get on with it.

please name me a 3rd choice striker to take Edins place.

samharris said:
Goo said:
samharris said:
There were plenty of games where sergio was fit but didnt score!!! going by what you just said then he should have scored in every game he played.

We all know Aguero is capable of scoring more than last season. We know because he did it the season before. Aguero came back from a lot of injuries last season and it's not like you just jump back into it and are fully fit. Takes time even when you're playing games.

Also, even with such an under achieving season due to injuries (by Aguero's standards) his goal to game ratio is still higher than 1 in 2 games, that's how good Aguero is!!

I am comparing a 1st choice striker and a 3rd choice striker,if you cant fathom that then thats your lookout.
Im not saying that Edin is as good as sergio technically, im saying he does what he does as 3rd choice striker and it aint as bad as some on here are making out..

tell me who would you have as 3rd choice striker if given the option?? and do you think your choice would like to be classed as 3rd choice and get on with it.

Again, as other posters have said, Edin was second choice, as Tevez played in midfield.

But by your logic, assume we started the season with; Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, and Guidetti... By your standards Negredo would be 3rd choice. I'd be extremely happy with that.

Of course We all know Jovetic isn't really a striker (he's a wide forward, or AM), so in this scenario Negredo would be 2nd choice striker, which is what Edin is now.

I'd still prefer my assumed starting 4 forwards...

samharris said:
Goo said:
samharris said:

I’m not Goo, but I actually agree with you.

Dzeko is a probably the highest quality 3rd choice striker we could have, I would certainly keep him instead of signing Negrado.

I thought you were trying to argue that due to his goal scoring record alone, Dzeko should be selected instead of Aguero. My bad.

I do disagree with you however, on one point. Tevez was never played as a striker last year. He was an attacking midfielder deployed in between Aguero, and Yaya and Barry. Really it was either Aguero or Dzeko up top so Dzeko was second choice to Aguero only. But still, he is one of the best substitute strikers around.

@BluePhil8 said:
samharris said:
Goo said:

Dzeko is a probably the highest quality 3rd choice striker we could have, I would certainly keep him instead of signing Negrado.

I thought you were trying to argue that due to his goal scoring record alone, Dzeko should be selected instead of Aguero. My bad.

I do disagree with you however, on one point. Tevez was never played as a striker last year. He was an attacking midfielder deployed in between Aguero, and Yaya and Barry. Really it was either Aguero or Dzeko up top so Dzeko was second choice to Aguero only. But still, he is one of the best substitute strikers around.

Im glad you see my argument..to get rid is silly..yes he misses headers he traps the ball like an elephant but hes up there with the top scorers ever year and he is 3rd choice,although others say differently...Aguero and Tevez are both strikers,just because mancini used him as an attacking mid he was still technically a striker and would get in the box to score as often as possible.There were also games where Tevez was the striker... I feel that there was bad blood between Dzeko and Bob,I tell you,when navas is running full pelt down the right and crosses a hard powerful cross into the box at crossbar height id prefer Edin to be there rather than Sergio..If you see what I mean..

samharris said:
@BluePhil8 said:
samharris said:

Im glad you see my argument..to get rid is silly..yes he misses headers he traps the ball like an elephant but hes up there with the top scorers ever year and he is 3rd choice,although others say differently...Aguero and Tevez are both strikers,just because mancini used him as an attacking mid he was still technically a striker and would get in the box to score as often as possible.There were also games where Tevez was the striker... I feel that there was bad blood between Dzeko and Bob,I tell you,when navas is running full pelt down the right and crosses a hard powerful cross into the box at crossbar height id prefer Edin to be there rather than Sergio..If you see what I mean..

Well obviously, because Aguero is much shorter than Dzeko, but when it comes to target men, there are much better options who would also be happy with the role Dzeko has. Dzeko's reduced role might also have something to do with his performances as well (in games and in training).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dzeko to bang the goals in for fun as much as any City fan, but it's been 2 and a half years now and there is little to no evidence things are going to change.

The fact MP got RSC to look good for Malaga though does inspire hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.