Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goo said:
samharris said:
@BluePhil8 said:
I’m not Goo, but I actually agree with you.

Dzeko is a probably the highest quality 3rd choice striker we could have, I would certainly keep him instead of signing Negrado.

I thought you were trying to argue that due to his goal scoring record alone, Dzeko should be selected instead of Aguero. My bad.

I do disagree with you however, on one point. Tevez was never played as a striker last year. He was an attacking midfielder deployed in between Aguero, and Yaya and Barry. Really it was either Aguero or Dzeko up top so Dzeko was second choice to Aguero only. But still, he is one of the best substitute strikers around.

Im glad you see my argument..to get rid is silly..yes he misses headers he traps the ball like an elephant but hes up there with the top scorers ever year and he is 3rd choice,although others say differently...Aguero and Tevez are both strikers,just because mancini used him as an attacking mid he was still technically a striker and would get in the box to score as often as possible.There were also games where Tevez was the striker... I feel that there was bad blood between Dzeko and Bob,I tell you,when navas is running full pelt down the right and crosses a hard powerful cross into the box at crossbar height id prefer Edin to be there rather than Sergio..If you see what I mean..

Well obviously, because Aguero is much shorter than Dzeko, but when it comes to target men, there are much better options who would also be happy with the role Dzeko has. Dzeko's reduced role might also have something to do with his performances as well (in games and in training).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dzeko to bang the goals in for fun as much as any City fan, but it's been 2 and a half years now and there is little to no evidence things are going to change.

The fact MP got RSC to look good for Malaga though does inspire hope.

we can only wait and see if MPG's tactics suit Edin this season, Bobs certainly didnt but he still got a few goals..

samharris said:
Goo said:
samharris said:
Im glad you see my argument..to get rid is silly..yes he misses headers he traps the ball like an elephant but hes up there with the top scorers ever year and he is 3rd choice,although others say differently...Aguero and Tevez are both strikers,just because mancini used him as an attacking mid he was still technically a striker and would get in the box to score as often as possible.There were also games where Tevez was the striker... I feel that there was bad blood between Dzeko and Bob,I tell you,when navas is running full pelt down the right and crosses a hard powerful cross into the box at crossbar height id prefer Edin to be there rather than Sergio..If you see what I mean..

Well obviously, because Aguero is much shorter than Dzeko, but when it comes to target men, there are much better options who would also be happy with the role Dzeko has. Dzeko's reduced role might also have something to do with his performances as well (in games and in training).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dzeko to bang the goals in for fun as much as any City fan, but it's been 2 and a half years now and there is little to no evidence things are going to change.

we can only wait and see if MPG's tactics suit Edin this season, Bobs certainly didnt but he still got a few goals..

I don't begrudge Bob for not changing tactics to suit a player, and neither should you, if indeed you are. There isn't a player in the world, excluding Ronaldo or Messi, that I'd be happy to see our whole team tactic change to suit.

If you buy a player and it doesn't work in a system which is already working, then they have to go.

Negredo has shown in the Spanish side that he can play in a team which employs a similar system to us, which is why I'd be happy to see us sign him.

Goo said:
samharris said:
@BluePhil8 said:
I’m not Goo, but I actually agree with you.

Dzeko is a probably the highest quality 3rd choice striker we could have, I would certainly keep him instead of signing Negrado.

I thought you were trying to argue that due to his goal scoring record alone, Dzeko should be selected instead of Aguero. My bad.

I do disagree with you however, on one point. Tevez was never played as a striker last year. He was an attacking midfielder deployed in between Aguero, and Yaya and Barry. Really it was either Aguero or Dzeko up top so Dzeko was second choice to Aguero only. But still, he is one of the best substitute strikers around.

Mark hughes got RSC looking good for Blackburn !!! ;(<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm --<br /><br />
Goo said:
samharris said:
Goo said:

I don't begrudge Bob for not changing tactics to suit a player, and neither should you, if indeed you are. There isn't a player in the world, excluding Ronaldo or Messi, that I'd be happy to see our whole team tactic change to suit.

If you buy a player and it doesn't work in a system which is already working, then they have to go.

Negredo has shown in the Spanish side that he can play in a team which employs a similar system to us, which is why I'd be happy to see us sign him.

I have to question Bobs reasoning for getting Edin as Bobs style certainly wasnt Edins..

samharris said:
I have to question Bobs reasoning for getting Edin as Bobs style certainly wasnt Edins..

Oh god, that's a debate for another day, mate! haha

Goo said:
samharris said:
Goo said:
Aguero had injury problems all last season, and assuming Tevez was our second choice, he basically played in midfield all season.

If Aguero had been injury free he'd have doubled Dzeko's tally

There were plenty of games where sergio was fit but didnt score!!! going by what you just said then he should have scored in every game he played.

I must have missed those.

We all know Aguero is capable of scoring more than last season. We know because he did it the season before. Aguero came back from a lot of injuries last season and it's not like you just jump back into it and are fully fit. Takes time even when you're playing games.

Dzeko has never done for us what Aguero has done.

Also, even with such an under achieving season due to injuries (by Aguero's standards) his goal to game ratio is still higher than 1 in 2 games, that's how good Aguero is!!

Comparing the two is laughable to be honest.

plz cut this shit argument. if it wasent for dzeko IN many crucial games in the title winning season there would be no fukin title. NO dzeko 2nd goal = no kuns winning goal. Kun in an injury season still clocked more game time. and the irony of people saying dzeko first touch is shit. how many times did they ball just wobble off kuns boots last season and how many sitters did he miss.

AntiUnited said:
Goo said:
samharris said:
There were plenty of games where sergio was fit but didnt score!!! going by what you just said then he should have scored in every game he played.

We all know Aguero is capable of scoring more than last season. We know because he did it the season before. Aguero came back from a lot of injuries last season and it's not like you just jump back into it and are fully fit. Takes time even when you're playing games.

Also, even with such an under achieving season due to injuries (by Aguero's standards) his goal to game ratio is still higher than 1 in 2 games, that's how good Aguero is!!

plz cut this shit argument. if it wasent for dzeko IN many crucial games in the title winning season there would be no fukin title. NO dzeko 2nd goal = no kuns winning goal. Kun in an injury season still clocked more game time. and the irony of people saying dzeko first touch is shit. how many times did they ball just wobble off kuns boots last season and how many sitters did he miss.

Quote me where I said Dzeko didn't score crucial goals?

You can't, because I didn't.

What I as getting at is that there are strikers out there who'd score equal to Dzeko's tally and more given the team he plays in front of.

I've already said Aguero's season was an under achievement by his standards, and I've already said that a lot of his time playing was coming back form injury and getting back to full match fitness in games.

And please... Comparing Aguero's touch or Dzeko's touch... Surely wumming?

Aguero had a stormer of a first season, and a bit of a wobble in his second (injuries!). There is plenty of evidence to suggest Aguero will score a shed load next season! There isn't any to suggest that will happen with Dzeko.

Goo said:
AntiUnited said:
Goo said:

What I as getting at is that there are strikers out there who'd score equal to Dzeko's tally and more given the team he plays in front of.

I've already said Aguero's season was an under achievement by his standards, and I've already said that a lot of his time playing was coming back form injury and getting back to full match fitness in games.

Aguero had a stormer of a first season, and a bit of a wobble in his second (injuries!). There is plenty of evidence to suggest Aguero will score a shed load next season! There isn't any to suggest that will happen with Dzeko.

The amount of times ive read on the match day forums about kuns piss poor first touch so yes im comparing it to edins. ''Kun should change his boots'' comments.

AntiUnited said:
Goo said:
AntiUnited said:

The amount of times ive read on the match day forums about kuns piss poor first touch so yes im comparing it to edins. ''Kun should change his boots'' comments.

Haha, the boot changing jokes were to do with him slipping over a few times in a short period of time. Nothing to do with a poor first touch.

samharris said:
Goo said:
samharris said:

I am comparing a 1st choice striker and a 3rd choice striker,if you cant fathom that then thats your lookout.
Im not saying that Edin is as good as sergio technically, im saying he does what he does as 3rd choice striker and it aint as bad as some on here are making out..

tell me who would you have as 3rd choice striker if given the option?? and do you think your choice would like to be classed as 3rd choice and get on with it.

please name me a 3rd choice striker to take Edins place.
Let me ask you a question. Should we be paying a 3rd choice striker 120,000 pounds per week?

taconinja said:
samharris said:
Goo said:

I am comparing a 1st choice striker and a 3rd choice striker,if you cant fathom that then thats your lookout.
Im not saying that Edin is as good as sergio technically, im saying he does what he does as 3rd choice striker and it aint as bad as some on here are making out..

tell me who would you have as 3rd choice striker if given the option?? and do you think your choice would like to be classed as 3rd choice and get on with it.

please name me a 3rd choice striker to take Edins place.
Let me ask you a question. Should we be paying a 3rd choice striker 120,000 pounds per week?

Edin would be first choice in many European teams..so to keep him......yes !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.