Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some strikers are just shit at penalties, like Tevez. Aside from that, his confidence is coming back.

Using this tournament to get his confidence back was a good idea. At least with proper man management Dzeko can contribute. His passing was very good today, and his touch seemed much improved.

We cannot afford to lose Edin

Hi all,

Its funny that at the beginning of the transfer window, people were talking about getting a 60 million euro striker and then casually mentioning that Dzeko would no longer be in the team - even after the Chelsea match in the US tour. Basically they were undervaluing him. All along, I said that we should keep him because he can be an incredible goal scorer if he gains his form. Now, under Pellegrini, he is showing signs of becoming an immense player.

Today's match showed that. Aside from the balloon penalty, he was dropping deep, creating chances and more importantly actively and productively getting involved in the team play. Last season Mancini simply did not know how to use him. And whats more he pressurized him in the press to score more goals. A player simply does not choose to score more goals, you have to give him tactical instructions to give him a better chance.

What is more, last season, he practically gave us an extra 2 points in quite a few games by scoring late on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVk9aeDvunE[/youtube]

And yet, all the blame falls to him when we do badly. Whats more, people further scrutinize Dzeko and say he has a poor/sulky attitude. Well no way! Every player needs the fans' backing. Even now, I bet the opinion of most is that he is not good enough. As far as I'm concerned I think he is a better player than Lewandowski, but Borussia Dortmund's unreal high team pressure makes him appear a much better player by giving him more chances to score.

So, what is the general opinion of everyone on here? Has his effort last season and performances in pre-season made people come to realise how we cannot afford to lose Super Dzeko?

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

Shouldn't this be in the 'Edin Džeko' thread?

After all, it only has 4040 posts; one more wont make any difference, surely?

I think I must have watched a different game, because I saw him hit a brilliant volley, then be absolutely useless for the rest of the game. Negredo on the other hand looked like everything we need from a tall, strong forward

Vienna_70 said:

No, it shouldn't. Its an entirely different kind of issue than just discussing the player. Just read the first post. Surely you could contribute to the thread?<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 pm --<br /><br />
BigOscar said:
I think I must have watched a different game, because I saw him hit a brilliant volley, then be absolutely useless for the rest of the game. Negredo on the other hand looked like everything we need from a tall, strong forward

Nope, I watched the full 90 mins, and this is exactly what I'm talking about... Ok, I'm not saying Negredo didn't play well, but he should have scored when he was 1 on 1 a couple of times but he smashed it high...

And yet, everyone seems to blame Dzeko. He wasn't useless for the entire game, like I said in the original post he was playing deeper in the hole, giving long passes forward to Negredo and he was playing much more fluidly. Also he had a couple of good shots making the most of the crosses but the keeper saved them. With confidence, I could see him putting more chances away.

Vienna_70 said:

Then he wouldn't be able to showcase his new video

Saif1994 said:
Vienna_70 said:

No, it shouldn't. Its an entirely different kind of issue than just discussing the player. Just read the first post. Surely you could contribute to the thread?

To be fair Vienna is correct you could of made the point in the Dzeko thread.

However despite my concerns re Edin in the past I agree that we cannot afford to lose him and I hope he comes good and becomes a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.