Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Gelsons Dad said:
MOM for failing to score any of 7 clear cut chances. I give up!

awwwww shame..
As well as he played he should have got on the scoresheet. He did the bang opposite last year - his overall game was poor yet he always looked likely to score whereas last night his overall game was immense yet didn't look like he was capable of scoring if we'd let him carry on til now!
Once he manages to combine both we'll finally have the player we've been waiting for.
Good start to the season for the big man overall - hope it continues.

I thought Edin was outstanding and but for three world-class saves from Krul, he would have capped his performance with at least one goal.

If he keeps performing as he did last night, the goals will come, and when we win 4-0, we shouldn't worry that Džeko wasn't one of the scorers.

If you can find a way to complain about Edin's match last night then you're a lost cause in your evaluation of this player. There's almost no point in having a discussion with anyone who thinks that his play last night was anything but sublime. It's completely valid to reserve judgment until you see that type of display more frequently (although I doubt it's fair to expect that kind of display all the time), but it's beyond the pale to complain about anything the player did last night.

Krul denied several very strong strikes. Dzeko assisted two and let it run for Nasri's goal as well. He was integral in all parts of our build up play and uncharacteristically formed a decent partnership with Aguero, with some decent interplay between the two. I guess the only negative thing I'd accept is that he seems to have inherited his goal kick judgment from Adebayor, it's almost comical how often he's just midjudged the distance and can't compete for it as a result.

Pablo1 said:
samharris said:
Gelsons Dad said:
MOM for failing to score any of 7 clear cut chances. I give up!

awwwww shame..
As well as he played he should have got on the scoresheet. He did the bang opposite last year - his overall game was poor yet he always looked likely to score whereas last night his overall game was immense yet didn't look like he was capable of scoring if we'd let him carry on til now!
Once he manages to combine both we'll finally have the player we've been waiting for.
Good start to the season for the big man overall - hope it continues.

To be fair he'd have had a brace but for some excellent goalkeeping by Tim Krul

the old abbey said:
Gelsons dad got it right.7chances no goals.hes garbage.when are you emptyhead dzeko lovechilds gonna learn.

Clueless troll is clueless.

As long as the misses become goals in future games while his general play remains that much improved, he'll be a huge asset to us this season.

Difference between yesterday and many times before though, is that even without scoring he contributed (the assists) and added something to play. Major criticism, often justified, about him in the past has been he's contributed fook all when he hasn't scored. Yesterday was the opposite - he contributed plenty but didn't score. Add goals to the contributions and voilà...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.