Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Best game for City, set up 2 goals, was involved a lot more than usual, obviously a player who needs a bit of love.
That's what I said about Gareth Taylor after the play-off final in 1999

LoveCity said:
As long as the misses become goals in future games while his general play remains that much improved, he'll be a huge asset to us this season.

Difference between yesterday and many times before though, is that even without scoring he contributed (the assists) and added something to play. Major criticism, often justified, about him in the past has been he's contributed fook all when he hasn't scored. Yesterday was the opposite - he contributed plenty but didn't score. Add goals to the contributions and voilà...
And the goals will come. He's too talented for them not to come.

That was always my gripe about him. I know he can score. I'm confident he will score, but you don't dominate the opposition unless all 11 are working together and pressing and moving without the ball and all the other things that go into a game. I'm supremely excited by his work yesterday.

LoveCity said:
As long as the misses become goals in future games while his general play remains that much improved, he'll be a huge asset to us this season.

Difference between yesterday and many times before though, is that even without scoring he contributed (the assists) and added something to play. Major criticism, often justified, about him in the past has been he's contributed fook all when he hasn't scored. Yesterday was the opposite - he contributed plenty but didn't score. Add goals to the contributions and voilà...

Actually that last part is completely false considering he set up more plays last year then any other striker.

Stats are in the thread.

Anyone post the interview?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrAZGjDbFY[/youtube]

An almost perfect performance! Pellegrini is perfect hire for this team...I hope they keep it going.

Dzeko consistently drew multiple defenders when he made runs or had the ball which opened up a lot of the spacing for the other players. This was evidenced with the assists and even the Nasri goal who was able to make his run because Dzeko took so many defenders with him pretending like he'll get the ball.

Dzeko is also at his best when he's allowed to run the channels like he did last night. Mancini's style of play was completely wrong for him, and the fact he stills cored 14 goals in the PL last year just shows that the quality is there...but he can finally live up to the expectations this season of being a top class striker!

Jnr Kisby said:
Pablo1 said:
samharris said:
awwwww shame..
As well as he played he should have got on the scoresheet. He did the bang opposite last year - his overall game was poor yet he always looked likely to score whereas last night his overall game was immense yet didn't look like he was capable of scoring if we'd let him carry on til now!
Once he manages to combine both we'll finally have the player we've been waiting for.
Good start to the season for the big man overall - hope it continues.

To be fair he'd have had a brace but for some excellent goalkeeping by Tim Krul
Agreed to a point. Krul made some exceptional saves, the only one that should have been unsavable was the header. Edin put it in the only area of the goal where the keeper had a chance to get to it, and whilst it looked like a world class save for the camera the ball should have been buried.
Not really a criticism as such, I'd have loved to see his performance end with a deserved goal, but as our finishing has been less than clinical the last 12 month, it's something I'd hope to see us improve on.

It appears that Pellegrini has figured out how to use Dzeko's full potential.

I think we may be seeing not only a new Dzeko, but a new MCFC as well.

Comrade Buka said:
the old abbey said:
Gelsons dad got it right.7chances no goals.hes garbage.when are you emptyhead dzeko lovechilds gonna learn.

You should ask Pellegrini. He seems to be one of the "dzeko lovechilds".

some guy in front of me was moaning about dzeko all game last night and used that exact quote as above, '7 chances and no goals, he's shit'. Now this bloke is a bit of a tool at the best of times but can occasionally be funny, but last night if I wasn't only 95% sure he was being serious I probably would have let it be known how ridiculous he is, was very funny when the man of the match was announced, do these people not think to themselves they have missed something. I come on here and there are others still spouting this nonsense, he was our top scorer last season and not starting the majority of games. the lad has some weaknesses but blimey why do some people hate him. it was like this for ages with people being against yaya, it was only when he got universal acclaim from all of football, that some stopped their constant whining.

Howling Wolf said:
Comrade Buka said:
the old abbey said:
Gelsons dad got it right.7chances no goals.hes garbage.when are you emptyhead dzeko lovechilds gonna learn.

You should ask Pellegrini. He seems to be one of the "dzeko lovechilds".

some guy in front of me was moaning about dzeko all game last night and used that exact quote as above, '7 chances and no goals, he's shit'. Now this bloke is a bit of a tool at the best of times but can occasionally be funny, but last night if I wasn't only 95% sure he was being serious I probably would have let it be known how ridiculous he is, was very funny when the man of the match was announced, do these people not think to themselves they have missed something. I come on here and there are others still spouting this nonsense, he was our top scorer last season and not starting the majority of games. the lad has some weaknesses but blimey why do some people hate him. it was like this for ages with people being against yaya, it was only when he got universal acclaim from all of football, that some stopped their constant whining.
Although I was surprised at the time of the MOM ( I had Navas and silva ahead of him ) when I got home and watched it again it didn't seem such an outlandish award.
You don't sit behind me by any chance? I'm a bit of a tool who likes to think I say something occasionally funny over the course of the season.

I've been one of Dzeko's biggest critics, but in pre-season I saw enough to tip him to have a brilliant season. Last night confirmed it for me, I think he's going to be immense this year, looks a completely different player. If it wasn't for Van Pussy I'd have a few quid on him for top scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.