Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a fan of Edin's BUT last night he looked like he wanted to play, his ball control was better than I've seen since he came to us, long may it continue......

very unfortunate he didn't score last night, because it would have been his best display in city shirt.

Felix Magath in an interview once likened Edin Dzeko to a nuclear bomb. I am paraphrasing, but he said something like if you know how to use him he's devastating to the opponent.

I am glad the big man is happy and is playing good football. And for all of us who knew the player we signed from Wolfsburg was a world class player. It's been a long road but, It looks like we're finally being vindicated.

Very pleased for Edin. It appears that he and Pellegrini will work well together.

On his day Edin is one of the worlds best strikers as he proved when he scored 4 at Tottenham. He's helped Wolfsburg and us win our respective Leagues and he is tremendous at international level. Long may it continue.

I've been one of Dzeko's harshest critics in the past but last night I saw a striker who needs a couple of goals to set the league on fire

I agree with Fanzone Danny's pre match about the golden boot

His beaming smile post match when Pellers was mentioned said it all for me

the King is dead...... Long live the King eh

Bluemanc100 said:
I've been one of Dzeko's harshest critics in the past but last night I saw a striker who needs a couple of goals to set the league on fire

I agree with Fanzone Danny's pre match about the golden boot

His beaming smile post match when Pellers was mentioned said it all for me

the King is dead...... Long live the King eh

With you on that all the way fella, he looked a happy man last night.

joezilla said:
very unfortunate he didn't score last night, because it would have been his best display in city shirt.

I fully agree. He would have scored 2wice but for some special goalkeeping from Krul.

Howling Wolf said:
Comrade Buka said:
the old abbey said:
Gelsons dad got it right.7chances no goals.hes garbage.when are you emptyhead dzeko lovechilds gonna learn.

You should ask Pellegrini. He seems to be one of the "dzeko lovechilds".

some guy in front of me was moaning about dzeko all game last night and used that exact quote as above, '7 chances and no goals, he's shit'. Now this bloke is a bit of a tool at the best of times but can occasionally be funny, but last night if I wasn't only 95% sure he was being serious I probably would have let it be known how ridiculous he is, was very funny when the man of the match was announced, do these people not think to themselves they have missed something. I come on here and there are others still spouting this nonsense, he was our top scorer last season and not starting the majority of games. the lad has some weaknesses but blimey why do some people hate him. it was like this for ages with people being against yaya, it was only when he got universal acclaim from all of football, that some stopped their constant whining.
The problem is mate some of our fans wouldn't know a footballer if he smacked them in the mouth.....utterly clueless some folk I do feel sorry for them especially the ones who go to games, they are wasting their money really

Pablo1 said:
Howling Wolf said:
Comrade Buka said:
You should ask Pellegrini. He seems to be one of the "dzeko lovechilds".

some guy in front of me was moaning about dzeko all game last night and used that exact quote as above, '7 chances and no goals, he's shit'. Now this bloke is a bit of a tool at the best of times but can occasionally be funny, but last night if I wasn't only 95% sure he was being serious I probably would have let it be known how ridiculous he is, was very funny when the man of the match was announced, do these people not think to themselves they have missed something. I come on here and there are others still spouting this nonsense, he was our top scorer last season and not starting the majority of games. the lad has some weaknesses but blimey why do some people hate him. it was like this for ages with people being against yaya, it was only when he got universal acclaim from all of football, that some stopped their constant whining.
Although I was surprised at the time of the MOM ( I had Navas and silva ahead of him ) when I got home and watched it again it didn't seem such an outlandish award.
You don't sit behind me by any chance? I'm a bit of a tool who likes to think I say something occasionally funny over the course of the season.

A bloke walking out just in front of us when MotM was announced, said something like, "Džeko? You must be joking".

We were talking about it a short while before and Edin was one of several names we mentioned. There were great performances all over the pitch, but no one could argue against ED being awarded it.

Aye, could have been a few. I don't care who gets motm, usually never agrees with my thinking. As long as we get team of the match.
That'll do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.